Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Troubling Trends for Comets, Seismicity and Volcanism  (Read 3917 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
Troubling Trends for Comets, Seismicity and Volcanism
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:12:53 PM »
Troubling Trends for Comets, Seismicity and Volcanism

Guest: Jessie Waltman, Youtube.com/MrCometWatch

Tuesday, October 18, 2011
5 PM PST / 8 PM EST
Chat Room + Call In
YowRadio.com

There are times when the universe, G-d, Yahweh (or take your pick), reaches out and taps us on the shoulder. Such as it was, when Jesse Waltman, was thusly inspired to start his MrCometWatch channel on Youtube.com in August 2011.

A highly successful, FCC certified radio engineer and audio engineering consultant, he's a man on a mission now. But don't let his mild-mannered, Central Mississippi accent fool you.

Jessie's got an eagle eye for details. This is why his breaking news videos on public concerns such as a possible La Palma erruption, have caught on in a big way.

As a researcher he hits walls like everyone else, yet he's built a large following -- and quickly. This is because he doesn't, patronize, preach, insult, whine or whimper as we see so many others do. Rather, he shares and encourages others to do the same.

Consequently, his simple, home spun videos have garnered over 723,000 views since the August launch. So what has got Jessie's attention these days? The troubling new trends for global seismicity and volcanism he sees. Tune in and you'll lean why.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/yowradio/2011/10/19/troubling-trends-for-comets-seismicity-and-volcanism

terrypat

• Prolific Member
  • My intention is to lead with the heart
Re: Troubling Trends for Comets, Seismicity and Volcanism
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:43:31 AM »
Very excited for Tuesday's show.
You have been telling people that this is the 11th hour.

Now you must go back & tell people  this  is  "The Hour" .

The Elders , Oraibi Arizona, Hopi Nation

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 06:28:21 AM »
Been following MrCometwatch's Channel; should be a great show.
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »
about One Hour and 53 minutes till show.  :)

JustWright61

• Looking To Join A Survivor Group Sacramento, CA
    • Marketing Wright, Hosting You Can Use
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 08:50:08 PM »
Great show tonight.  Love Mr. CometWatch!  Thanks so much for the info.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."  Seneca the Younger

Jeff Lewis

• Trusted Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 07:31:38 AM »
Just listening to the show as I do Wednesdays at work the morning after the show. Am only about 15 minutes in so can't comment on the content of the show yet but am worried about Bill and Susan. Anyway, hope they are well.

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 09:42:36 AM »
A very good Show. Thanks Mrcomet for the insights and look forward to the next
update on the Show.

Agree with Jeff; hope Susan and Bill are A-OK.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 10:05:49 PM »
Dutchsince expresses concern about earthquake trends in his latest video.
Also posted in the Dutchsince Topic.

Dutchsince uploaded 9 hours ago

6/17/2018 -- Earthquakes progress across planet in 1 days time -- HAVE A PLAN + be prepared 40:09   15,432 views

video link:  https://youtu.be/37N0AXtrqcM

dutchsinse                                                                            SUBSCRIBED 264K
Published on Jun 17, 2018                           

Professionals now adopting "GLOBAL EARTHQUAKE FORECASTING MODELS" which have been proved correct

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 05:38:54 PM »
Fascinating, Barb.  Thanks for posting this very informative narrative.  He cites what we've read here and there about how all the fracking in OK has shifted the focus of the New Madrid Zone, so that no matter what remedial actions are taken, they have altered the subsurface forever, and that any of the worst, future New Madrid quakes would be more likely centered in central OK, in and among all the fracking sites.  Sympathies to Okies.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 06:30:33 PM »
All of my brothers are located there.  Many prayers for the dear Okies.  Lots of salt-of-the-earth folks living there, who still practice the old Southern manners.

I laugh about it now, but when we first moved North, my most immediate shocks were...

...that people said "Yep" instead of "You're welcome" after being thanked - even to good customers.

...that grocers didn't insist on carrying my bags to the car for me and loading them, with no expectation of any sort of tip.  At the time that we moved here in the late 1980's, it was virtually unheard of in Oklahoma for a woman to push a loaded cart to her car alone.  I know that probably sounds quaint in 2018.

...that college wasn't universally affordable.  I paid $17 per credit hour for college in OK, and there was no such thing as an Ivy League school - just public and church ones.  My Catholic grad school in the Northeast cost $200 per credit hour a quarter century ago, and I shudder to think what it must cost now.

Lots of good people here too though  :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 06:44:23 PM by R.R. Book »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 11:11:47 PM »
Fascinating, Barb.  Thanks for posting this very informative narrative.  He cites what we've read here and there about how all the fracking in OK has shifted the focus of the New Madrid Zone, so that no matter what remedial actions are taken, they have altered the subsurface forever, and that any of the worst, future New Madrid quakes would be more likely centered in central OK, in and among all the fracking sites.  Sympathies to Okies.

Without delving into the topic in depth, I am a bit doubtful that fracking has a serious effect on earthquake seismicity because "The depth of most shale gas deposits drilled is between 6,000 and 10,000 feet"  [https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2011/06/21/ten-things-to-know-about-fracking/#810dc8a48985]  and most earthquakes are much deeper than that.  Well, not always, of course.

From a Google search:
----------------------------
2009–18 Oklahoma earthquake swarms - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–18_Oklahoma_earthquake_swarms

Mean depth, 5.43 km (3.37 mi) in 2014.
-----------------------------

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 11:30:12 PM »

All that may be true... we can always hope and pray that the worst quakes will not hit the major population areas...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 03:33:04 PM »
A few years ago when I first heard that the OK fracking was causing quakes I was a bit skeptical, but it is my understanding that genuine scientific studies have positively correlated OK fracking with subsequent earthquakes.

Now, that does not prove that the new "center" of the New Madrid has moved over to OK, but if the earth's infrastructure is being altered so violently as is done by the thousands of fracking sites, we should not be too surprised by some seemingly bizarre happenings, including New Madrid's next big shake occurring closer to the current OK frack sites. 

I think I had already posted the following:  a dream told me that underneath our ground something has been altered (it included the word "attitude", which I discovered has a meaning in geology), and around the same time the well water supply on this farm changed from extremely high iron content (10X too much) to a much better tasting water with no evidence of the iron deposits that were staining all our appliances.  My best guess is that some underground strata have shifted in such a way that the water feeding our water well now runs over a different layer.

When I was researching earthquake faults, I discovered the San Andreas Fault is rather superficial, and can be seen from the air, whereas the Black Fault which runs under our farm is quite deep, in the thousands of feet, IIRC, and cannot be seen aerially as can San Andreas.  I'm sure it's quite complicated and all we can do is hope everyone in the "path" of a future quake will receive ample warning, such as pre-quake tremors, or ?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 03:47:39 PM »
Lucky for you, Ilinda, that the groundwater improved with the shifting tectonics, rather than worsening! 

That's wonderful the way that your dream was so intimately connected to what was happening to the Earth below your ground.  What a wonderful connection to have.  :)

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!