Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: GARDENING  (Read 18328 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: GARDENING
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2017, 08:31:13 PM »
Looks really interesting and useful, plus these beds could be moved if necessary, piecemeal of course.  Great idea.

What I was thinking of, after the fact:
Not only would they be great for growing food, rows of them could serve as barriers, in a large survival area...
Marking out an area, temporarily marking borders, temporarily corralling in small pets, kids...

I've been writing down the actions I would want to do on survival land and setting these up along the edges of areas would be good. It might be nice to have the rows of food planters near an area where you could pull out and wash the plants under a faucet or big bucket, then not far away would be an outside cooking area. Also an inside cooking area.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2017, 08:46:28 PM »

Looks really interesting and useful, plus these beds could be moved if necessary, piecemeal of course.  Great idea.

ilinda, true they could be moved... Eventually some of the roots would extend down below the bottom of the gardening bed, but the whole thing could be lifted up and moved.

What I was thinking of, after the fact:
Not only would they be great for growing food, rows of them could serve as barriers, in a large survival area...
Marking out an area, temporarily marking borders, temporarily corralling in small pets, kids...

I've been writing down the actions I would want to do on survival land and setting these up along the edges of areas would be good. It might be nice to have the rows of food planters near an area where you could pull out and wash the plants under a faucet or big bucket, then not far away would be an outside cooking area. Also an inside cooking area.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: flat earth theory
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2017, 10:21:56 PM »
Also, when one dives into Flat Earth Theory and listens to what flatearthers have to say about it, they make a number of really good and convincing points; to name a few:
- try arguing that the Earth is spherical in shape without using the word "NASA"
- NASA is a military, monopolistic, governmental agency; each adjective there evokes deception and secrecy
- why are there no 360 degree shots of Earth from space?
- NASA herself will tell you that images of Earth are pasted together
The list goes on and on.

In the end i not only no longer assume that Earth is a planet, but i actually find it far more plausible that it is a planetoid, i.e. part of what once was a planet.
I just don't know what to think about it anymore, but i sure as hell stopped believing the mainstream idea with all the holes it has in it.

Socrates, i consider you a brilliant person and I appreciate most of what you have to share.
Re A flat Earth: I don't get why this is even considered a possibility. And I say this, even though it is hard to show images of the Earth from space without without NASA's help.
Tons of observation of earth as a round object and round objects in space. Long-proven theories in physics and math formulas about how a mass becomes rounded into a ball in space.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2017, 10:28:02 PM »
Who was it who posted about Moses being taken out to the edge of space and beyond so he could see the Earth as a round object?
That is an interesting thought...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2017, 01:39:41 PM »
Also, when one dives into Flat Earth Theory and listens to what flatearthers have to say about it, they make a number of really good and convincing points; to name a few:
- try arguing that the Earth is spherical in shape without using the word "NASA"
- NASA is a military, monopolistic, governmental agency; each adjective there evokes deception and secrecy
The list goes on and on.

In the end i not only no longer assume that Earth is a planet, but i actually find it far more plausible that it is a planetoid, i.e. part of what once was a planet.
I just don't know what to think about it anymore, but i sure as hell stopped believing the mainstream idea with all the holes it has in it.

Socrates, i consider you a brilliant person and I appreciate most of what you have to share.
Re A flat Earth: I don't get why this is even considered a possibility. And I say this, even though it is hard to show images of the Earth from space without without NASA's help.
Tons of observation of earth as a round object and round objects in space. Long-proven theories in physics and math formulas about how a mass becomes rounded into a ball in space.
It's interesting to note that although the Earth appears to be a flat disk in 2D photographs or 2D video, if one studies the landmasses or landforms in each of the Earth pics, it is seen that different landforms appear here and there, but if it were a flat disk, it seems there would be one of two sides seen, or edges would be seen.  We never see edges in pictures, and we never see the same landmasses in exactly the same spot they were in last time we looked.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2017, 10:19:58 AM »
Who was it who posted about Moses being taken out to the edge of space and beyond so he could see the Earth as a round object?
That is an interesting thought...

Oh, actually I think that is something I saw on an Ancient Aliens episode...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2017, 10:26:57 AM »
According to Zecharia Sitchin there was a big planet called Tiamat; one of Nibiru's [/Nemesis'] moons struck it and most of it is now the Asteroid Belt, but a bigger piece remained and this is Earth.
I'm not saying that's the case, but that's one version of Earth's history.

The list goes on and on.

Let's separate this discussion out from the Gardening Topic.
You can start up a flat Earth Theory Topic.  I suggest in the Board, Post It All and Let blog Sort It Out.
You can copy and re- post any posts you want to be there.

link:  http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?board=221.0

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2018, 05:41:27 PM »
http://theprepperproject.com/what-to-grow-to-avoid-starvation-malnutrition/

What To Grow To Avoid Starvation and Malnutrition
June 4, 2015

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2018, 06:54:26 PM »
Excellent information Barb.  Was especially interested to learn that certain mushrooms are good sources of vitamin D, which is usually a difficult vitamin to obtain from plants.  It might be possible to either purchase those mushrooms dehydrated for storage, or to dehydrate them yourself at home.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2018, 07:36:30 PM »
I second that.  There's a little bit for everybody in that article.  In fact, you could probably use that as a guide and if you had no other nutrition guide, that would suffice.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!