Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Some Shelter Ideas Carlq's topic renamed  (Read 33275 times)

noproblemo2

Re: Some Shelter Ideas carlq's topic renamed
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 08:16:55 PM »
Very well thought out planetxsurvivor. Thank you for your input and welcome nice to have you here.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 09:23:27 AM »
One of the best ideas I have heard, is to dig a 3 foot deep trench system, and use it to stay away from wind and debris, yet not be deep enough that it can collapse on you. I like it.  ed

Maybe someone else posted it too not sure... I had posted an idea to have trenches all around the survival land, leading to the entrance to the shelter... covered. So if stuff starts blowing and flying at tleast there will be some shelter... would have to enter down into the trench could be covered with grates... wooden planks just enough hold so a person could run under there and get to point B - entrance to shelter... trenches could be on the periphery from the entrance of the land to the entrance to the shelter and off to the sides in grids. Doesn't have to be complicated...

Places to drive down into too... and shelter the vehicle...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 09:34:08 AM »
I really don't know what's going to work, but I'm sure the best solution will change with changing circumstances and new events. 

I'm doing my best to prepare for projected conditions, but I rely on God for guidance, and I follow my intuition.  From my perspective, that will be the true test of my qualification to survive the Nibiru experience.

As I go about my normal life activities, I continually look for potential solutions to the need for a variety of safe shelters, short and long term food storage, reasonable methods to preserve seeds for high-water-content foods that I like, potentially tillable soil in the aftermath, how to totally avoid (or defend against) desperados, and how to find qualified candidates that share a similar survival vision.

I can't help thinking how much 'Road Warrior' looks like Bruce Willis!  :^)

I've done a fair amount of hiking in drainage tubes, just out of curiosity, and I like YowBarb's images of conversion to sleeping quarters.   Drainage pipes are ubiquitous in populated areas, are easily accessible, and 95% of them will provide sufficient xray/gamma protection from violent solar flares. 

I have identified an unused hidden tube near my home, about 40 feet above sea level, which goes under a 6-lane highway, and has a 6' elevated section of tube near the marsh-grass inlet, which is essentially invisible and foreboding (a real plus).  This could provide temporary or prolonged emergency shelter in the event of violent solar flares.  It also has a continual flow of "fresh" mountain drainage water that could be carbon filtered with a Brita.   

When the surrounding earth ungoes violent upheaval, my sectional cement tube would simply pop up through the highway, with me still in it.  My hideout would be exposed and my tea would spill on my shirt, but I would still be alive.   The same tube inside a mountain or deep underground would most likely collapse from external pressure.  Abandoned mines occasionally collapse without an earthquake.   Options are good, but that would not be my first option, unless daytime land temperature was too high for survival.

When the earth's crust moves, metal containers will simply be crushed.  I would avoid them.

There are a few recycled Nike missile operation tunnels on the coasts.  They are fortified, are often stronger than the dirt they were placed in, and would be very good bunkers.  However, they are usually in use by state or local government agencys for something else (antenna/radio towers, storage, etc.), and fenced, heavily locked, and probably monitored with alarms and/or cameras.   Excellent bunkers, but basically inaccessible.  Those with keys would probably use them for their own survival, which is understandable.

Caves.  There are several well-known and often visited commercial caves.  When the earth's crust moves, those which survived previous Nibiru visits, will probably survive this one.  I expect operators will be quickly over-whelmed by local or traveling desperados.  As more desperate folks flock to well-known caves, I would expect cave resource usage will exceed maximum, and some must wait outside, unless they have more persuasive tools than those making the rules inside.  I think you get the picture.

However, there are many lesser known caves.  The more remote the cave, the more likely you can survive in peace with a small community that does not exceed cave resources.  If you do the cave option, be aware there are unseen dangers in caves, primarily bad air, acidic water, radon, lack of artificial lighting, cliffs, and potential for drowning.  Lava tubes make great caves, so don't dismiss them, but if volcanic activity returns, it could become warmer than you like.

Advantage of caves: constant temperature, 50-75, depending on altitude and volcanic activity, but typically 65F in low lands, 55F in mountains.  Very quiet, no TV, no computer, no iPad, no texting.  Very dark, all the time (allows 3rd eye to open). 

Use of caves in last fly-by: I recently read one passage in the Christian bible about the flight of Moses and the Israelites from Egypt, before they crossed the Red Sea on dry land.  There was a brief reference to use of caves by the Egyptians.  I don't remember the exact wording, and I don't remember any explanation of why, but in summary, they died.  Perhaps they didn't have concrete, or perhaps the weight of the mountain exceeded the strength of the cave walls.  In any case, it gave me another perspective on using caves for shelter from forces of Nibiru.

In summary, I will learn as much as I can about possible options, but in the end I will put my trust in God, follow my intuition, and be nimble on my feet. 

I hope these thoughts help some of you folks with your perspective and options.

BTW: Since you mentioned it, a ditch can provide emergency protection from an emminent solar blast of gamma/xray that makes it through the Van Allen belts, but only if you are in the shade of the dirt or cement on the side of the ditch, and remain in its shade until the blast subsides.  The rule that applies: acceptable gamma/xray mitigation requires 24+" of dirt, or 16+" of concrete.

Planetxsurvivor this is a good post, interesting points and questions. More later on it...I posted a welcome to you here, Yowbarb

http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php/topic,635.195.html
Planet X and 2012 Survivor's Town Hall » Guests and Members » Newbie Member Hot Topics » Intro Board

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 09:35:47 AM »
One of the best ideas I have heard, is to dig a 3 foot deep trench system, and use it to stay away from wind and debris, yet not be deep enough that it can collapse on you. I like it.  ed

This is my plan too, in case I can do it.
I plan to make a probably cement base, but I'm not sure now. As you know take time to "think" and read more and imagine.
But I like to put on top of the trailers an umbrella to have "wheels" at the end and just float on the land. some springs on the top and are of the wheels is good. So some truck wheels like Chevy suburban or such. , Under the wheels I'm thinking to get the cement with a long poll to keep it kind of strait... and bounce..
Again is a plan and I have some CAD programs and one day I will do some calculation and see what else. The cost is high...that way need to programmed..
A

AG welcome to the discussion, good post,
Yowbarb

AG

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 08:05:06 PM »
Is not only during hte pole shift is after and after after in time.
As all resources will be out in the after time, we will need to think on that too. As survivors will have "no power" to survive in fact.
Is so simple now.
Again is about people and forming communities is important as individual is not going to survive, only a "community " can survive.
A

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 12:03:12 PM »
This just in via email:

"How to build a bunker is still the most popular
subject on our blog and therefore we decided to
dedicate 120 pages to 16 different types of bunkers.
Unlike most other guides, you will find a bunker
for virtually every budget! "

http://store.2012pro.com/buildabunker.htm

noproblemo2

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 12:23:03 PM »
This just in via email:

"How to build a bunker is still the most popular
subject on our blog and therefore we decided to
dedicate 120 pages to 16 different types of bunkers.
Unlike most other guides, you will find a bunker
for virtually every budget! "

http://store.2012pro.com/buildabunker.htm
Great link Jim. Thanks

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »

I know conventional wisdom would have it, that the ground will crush everything. Not necessarily so.
Some folks are going down into reinforced culverts, some old oil tankers, rail cars reinforced tops, buried trailers and busses, (cover the windows with wood) some steel boxes reinforced on the tops and sides, some reinforced monolithic domes buried or partly buried. Some bomb shelters some missile silos which would even withstand a nuclear blast. Some premade steel underground tornado shelters with ventilation and generators. Even an RV in a cave with some reinforcement on top between the roof and the cave and with some power digging tools in there to get out with, that's better than being blown away in 200 mph winds or tossed off into oblivion or being burnt up by wildfires. People will do what they can and many many will survive.
As far as the elite- run underground which probably will have a lot of people, science & technology, books, art, music, animals, seeds, power supplies and all the building blocks to reestablish the world, well, heck no I do not want them to be crushed. I darned well want them to be surviving. Even if I do not.
Whoever decided to not tell the people (they should not survive) but the whole mass of people underground there - and all the knowledge of humanity - no I do not want the earth to crush them. I understand your concept of cleansing the earth but respectfully no, ain't going for it. This forum is about survival.
Peace Out,
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:52:15 AM by Yowbarb »

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »
That makes two of us, Barb.  ed

Bill

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
Underground is the only way. Keep the groundhog in mind!

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 05:10:17 PM »
Re. "some missile silos"

The ones that I saw pictures of will be flooded in the deluge.
(As in South Dakota, Wisconsin and Minnesota today.)
Any undrained holes in the ground could have the same problem.

donnaseesthelite

• Trusted Member
    • Oakland Airport Transportation
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 05:23:38 AM »
Wow looks like your all set.  If worse comes to worse we'll head to Tennesse's Lookout Mountain.  Ruby Falls is good place for us to go to.  It has an underground water source and even a cafateria inside the Caves.

http://rubyfalls.com

Ruby Falls,

Isn't that interesting...  My brother and I were just talking about Ruby Falls last night.  The problem is A LOT of people know about that location.  It is after all a tourest attraction.  What I think however, is if there is a Ruby Falls that every one knows about there should be other caves in those mountains also.  I am really close to there and are actually looking to purchase some dirt bikes and start exploring those mountains and finding a cave that others do not know about.

Donna

Alfred Williams

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 07:30:30 AM »
Yes and survive without becoming the very people we want to stay away from your shelter Zone. This single issue for me will be the toughest. I would do anything to protect my young but have only extended family and will always try to help till I can not. I can only hope those in better health than me whom I care about or are family will step up and help us all survive. I have let them know my stand on the planet for over a decade now. I just wish I would have realized it fully back in 83. I thought I was gearing up for mother  Earth to do jig my whole adult life. When the tsunami hit I realized I could not fully engineer a shelter that would survive at this location so I will have a protected steel tool stash for the after time. I do not feel 300' is high enough. I have to Pray hard for the water to somehow be gentle. It has been hard through the years to get ready for a Biblical event covertly to the pulic when many of my friends think it is all hogwash{{:>)
It is not what you know.
It is what you do with what you know!!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 10:24:41 PM »
That makes two of us, Barb.  ed

Thanks Ed
yes we need to think of survival...
I understand when people post stuff, people can be very tired of the way humanity has run things...
but we are after all, human ..... this is our group...
we have to make the best of it...

Peace,

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 10:25:59 PM »
Is not only during hte pole shift is after and after after in time.
As all resources will be out in the after time, we will need to think on that too. As survivors will have "no power" to survive in fact.
Is so simple now.
Again is about people and forming communities is important as individual is not going to survive, only a "community " can survive.
A

I agree, AG, we all need to be thinking about community now...
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!