Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Proof(?) of Prophecy  (Read 2085 times)

GenericUser

• Global Moderator
Proof(?) of Prophecy
« on: May 01, 2016, 06:16:21 PM »
It occurred to me, when reading a comment elsewhere regarding prophetic events that failed to happen, that the validity of prophecy, it's 'proof' can NOT lie in it's fulfillment. Why? Because the entire PURPOSE of prophecy, at least in it's traditional definition, is to PREVENT the occurrence by encouraging the audience to take specific actions.

So I pointed that out in my reply elsewhere. I also pointed out that there were some, who did everything possible to avoid being a prophet because, as they told the Creator, almost every time, the people heeded the warnings and what was prophesied never happened. That was a good thing but some prophets saw it as a belittling experience.

This is a good thing to keep in mind. The future is NOT written in stone. Prophecy is a possibility, nothing more. We DO have power over future events, albeit with the help from God and most of the time it is our individual and collective failure to call upon Our Abba with persistent prayers for help that gets us into trouble, into experiencing the 'Proof' of the prophecy.
If interested, see the Meekness series on this board.

GenericUser

• Global Moderator
Re: Proof(?) of Prophecy
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 06:41:51 AM »
It occurred to me, when reading a comment elsewhere regarding prophetic events that failed to happen, that the validity of prophecy, it's 'proof' can NOT lie in it's fulfillment. Why? Because the entire PURPOSE of prophecy, at least in it's traditional definition, is to PREVENT the occurrence by encouraging the audience to take specific actions.

So I pointed that out in my reply elsewhere. I also pointed out that there were some, who did everything possible to avoid being a prophet because, as they told the Creator, almost every time, the people heeded the warnings and what was prophesied never happened. That was a good thing but some prophets saw it as a belittling experience.

This is a good thing to keep in mind. The future is NOT written in stone. Prophecy is a possibility, nothing more. We DO have power over future events, albeit with the help from God and most of the time it is our individual and collective failure to call upon Our Abba with persistent prayers for help that gets us into trouble, into experiencing the 'Proof' of the prophecy.
If interested, see the Meekness series on this board.

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!

UPDATE:

Much has transpired since the first post here. This addenda has 3 targets:

First) Readers who are/were members of the ‘Roman Catholic’ & associated belief
 Second) Christian readers of the Orthodox faith
    Third) Christian readers of the Protestant belief

Of course Jewish and other readers are WELCOME to read and meditate on it as well!

I have posted over and over again elsewhere, the requests from heaven for prayer, self-sacrifices (skipping dessert, etc.) and other actions with the intentions of receiving heavenly interventions of Grace and Divine assistance for ourselves and this poor humanity we are a part of to overcome evil and for evil to be destroyed. But now I understand how completely evil has succeeded thus far, the means it’s used and without similar but opposite actions by us, the ONLY way it can be removed will be by an earth-shattering disaster from the Nibru system. We have but little time left!

Details and summary to follow shortly. This will need to be modified when I’m on a PC(FYI).

GU

-----------

I just saw, " Re: Independent Christian Marian Thread of Spiritual Preparation
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 07:06:24 PM »" and realize I've already started to lead into the current subject.

I think I will begin a new Topic under "The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth" board otherwise I will just confuse things. I'm currently dealing with bronchitis and in less than two months will have reached the 3/4 Century mark so please bear with me as I try to avoid confusing everyone!

GU
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:49:24 AM by GenericUser »

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Proof(?) of Prophecy
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 10:20:29 AM »
Hope you feel better soon G.U.!

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!