Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Anyone ever hear a banshee?  (Read 947 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Anyone ever hear a banshee?
« on: February 02, 2017, 12:06:35 PM »
Read somewhere (cannot find it now) that there is a type of banshee spirit that sounds sort of vague and like a toddler crying.
I read that when a person hears it someone will pass away within 2-3 weeks.
Have heard it three times now and in each case someone did pass.
Not many people have passed from my life but I did lose My Michael, my best friend Edie and both parents in less than five year time period.  It seemed like a shorter time period, and hard to deal with.
I don't always dwell on these things, but I did hear the sound.
Didn't hear or see a banshee manifesting as an old hag.
anyone else hear a crying sound sort of up in the air, indistinct, before someone passed.
only thing I can surmise is we have spirits that go with us or who are part of our cultural identity.
My identity is pretty mixed but Irish is one of them, which is part of the Irish-Anglo heritage of beliefs, spirits, myths whether real or not.
I do believe it was an actual spiritual experience. Each time I heard it, I did quickly pray that the person would be OK but they did pass...
Any ideas, stories to share?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Anyone ever hear a banshee?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 01:22:38 PM »
PS that was many years ago when those people passed...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:47:46 PM »
This is all new to me, but I try not to discount anything based on its level on the "Bizarre Scale"!

But it's no more bizarre than someone dreaming about the death of a loved one shortly before it happens.  I remember a short clip I watched years ago of some woman who dreamed of her partner, with whom she happily lived.

She dreamed that his deceased parents came to their home and picked him up and as the three of them drove away, he was sitting in the back of their pickup.  She did not understand the dream until he died shortly thereafter.  His deceased parents came to usher him to his new existence, and it was all symbolically portrayed in the dream. 

So I suppose there are untold ways we can discover these things, that is, if we are willing to open our hearts and minds to the spiritual world.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 04:02:50 PM »
This is all new to me, but I try not to discount anything based on its level on the "Bizarre Scale"!

But it's no more bizarre than someone dreaming about the death of a loved one shortly before it happens.  I remember a short clip I watched years ago of some woman who dreamed of her partner, with whom she happily lived.

She dreamed that his deceased parents came to their home and picked him up and as the three of them drove away, he was sitting in the back of their pickup.  She did not understand the dream until he died shortly thereafter.  His deceased parents came to usher him to his new existence, and it was all symbolically portrayed in the dream. 

So I suppose there are untold ways we can discover these things, that is, if we are willing to open our hearts and minds to the spiritual world.

Thanks for the feedback.
That is a sad but a beautiful story...

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!