Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: A Look Into Our Future  (Read 9535 times)

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Look Into Our Future
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2018, 09:30:04 PM »
A man who couldn't bear the death of his wife had her memories uploaded into a head-and-shoulders-only robot made to look and sound like her.
Ethical and spiritual considerations:

Understood, but at this age and stage of my life, after multiple partnerships dissolved, I would be content with a 100% functional and compatible female robot.  She would have no psychological problems but be tolerant of mine.  I suspect that even the non-physical components (aura, etc.) could be simulated in part by inclusion of orgonite, crystals, tachyon antennae, etc. in the body.  Who would be hurt by that?  Let the supply meet the demand.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2018, 04:50:38 AM »
LOL!  :)

Like Harcourt Fenton Mudd?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 05:32:00 AM by R.R. Book »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2018, 11:13:48 AM »

I never met Mr. Mudd, but that looks about right!

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2018, 01:55:26 PM »

I never met Mr. Mudd, but that looks about right!
Does anyone remember another Star Trek episode in which some man (?scientist?) was left on an isolated planet with some gal and it was only in the very last few moments of that episode that, while she was "dying", it became obvious that she was an android, as she called out to her partner guy, Corey:  "Corey..Corey...Coorrey...Cooorrrey......Coooooorrrrreeeeyyyyy" that the audience knew her real identity.  Her voice became slower and slower, and as it did, it also became deeper and deeper, all of which added to the intensity of the moment.

But while she was "alive" she and he had a wonderful relationship.  Wish I could recall the name of that episode.

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2018, 03:05:41 PM »
A Venezuelan Prepper Looks Back: “Things I Would Have Done Differently If I Knew What Was Coming”

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/venezuelan-prepper/

Having overcome a few personal incidents that rocked the boat these last few weeks, I want to write now about one of the most important experiences regarding the psychological aspect of prepping. Looking back as a Venezuelan prepper, there are things I would have done differently if I had fully known what was coming our way.

Enduring what we have gone through, even after having a proper approach to prepping, sort of conventional in a sense: gensets, water tanks, storage capacity, dry supplies for a few months, and other stuff, all of these are into the field of the conventional and regular prepping.

This is stuff that any person concerned about self-reliance should have covered. But next, we have to try to imagine what could be on the horizon that we have never considered.

I am not talking about prepping for every conceivable threat. That is just not possible nor practical.

What I want, is that you imagine what your action course would be just in case your worst scenario, one so bad you could not even imagine, takes place.

It was all great until the apocalypse started.

How to identify this threshold is not easy for me nowadays. The more I research, the more I realize this was a planned action and conceptualized a long time ago. My generation did not have a chance to prevent it. The plan was already rolling and we were teenagers, unable to hold a gun.

The situation gets worst every day. Prices in electronic, paying via bank transfer are much higher than in cash but it is impossible to get cash. People are calling to their day jobs to quit because they can´t get there, and anyway, salaries are not enough to make a decent living, not even to be able to eat a couple of days.

You have to think outside the box to survive.  :(

If you keep thinking inside the box and hoping for the things will improve, good luck. Chances are that is not going to happen that way. On the contrary.

Max.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2018, 05:38:04 PM »
Does anyone remember another Star Trek episode in which some man (?scientist?) was left on an isolated planet with some gal and it was only in the very last few moments of that episode that, while she was "dying", it became obvious that she was an android

I seem to remember that she became human at the end when she shed a tear and died - if that is an accurate memory - last time I watched a Star Trek episode was in the 1970's!  :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:24:04 PM by R.R. Book »

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »
A Venezuelan Prepper Looks Back: “Things I Would Have Done Differently If I Knew What Was Coming”

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/venezuelan-prepper/

Very heartbreaking link Max, and how instructive that the author says the Communists were quietly planning their takeover all along, and then suddenly expedited their plans before the people had a chance to realize what was happening to them. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:24:34 PM by R.R. Book »

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Look Into Our Future: Predicting an Economic Collapse
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2018, 10:36:41 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znh6jwniQy4

Ten well-positioned economic forecasters who have made their fortune betting against market trends are quoted in a video earlier this month discussing signs of coming economic distress:

*Tax cuts recently authorized by Congress will push the budget deficit to $1 trillion by 2019, without boosting the economy more than .7% over a ten year period, per the Congressional Budget Office.

*The Federal Reserve has stated an about-face in policy: it intends to halt its decade-long commitment to purchasing Treasury and mortgage bonds, reversing artificial suppression of bond yields as economic stimulus.  Instead, both the Fed and the Dep't of Treasury will now begin selling off bonds in the open marketplace, causing a jump in interest rates and likely spooking the Stock Market.

*Direct interest rate hikes by the Fed in an attempt to forestall inflation will likely occur 4 times in 2018, and 4 times in 2019. 

*Weak companies will respond to this by becoming even shakier, with corporate defaults beginning when short-term interest rates reach 3%, likely in 2020.

*A 40% drop in the stock market, after an initial rise, in response to corporate defaults.

*There is a euphoria or false sense of confidence in the marketplace, driving bubbles in both stocks and credit.  There is no wiggle room should these bubbles burst, as the economy is presently "at full employment," meaning that virtually everyone who wants a job is presumed by the government to have one.  Therefore, there can be no higher employment rate than we presently have, whatever the real number may actually be, but there can be a reduction in employment in response to market conditions. 

*There will be blowback over the length of time in which the Fed took to raise interest rates, resulting in sudden runaway inflation when credit is once again tightened and rates begin rising.  This will force the Fed to speed up its program of interest increases.

*We should experience a full recession before the next Presidential election in 2020 (70% chance predicted).  A stock-market sell-off will precede this by 6 months to a year.

*Other factors that will combine to force the Fed to raise rates soon: a federal infrastructure bill currently under discussion that is projected to cost $1.5 trillion over ten years, as well as flooding the market with cash.

*There is more populism and conflict in society presently than in 1937 when the Fed was forced to raise interest rates, meaning any worsening of the economy could result in greater social volatility.

*Wall Street analysts have published overly-optimistic stock market predictions which inexplicably increase the value by 46% over the last full year's report.  Disappointment is likely to follow.

*The collapse to come is predicted to be to the tune of $68 trillion and wipe out millions of Americans. 

*There is no current economic proposal in the U.S. that is capable of preventing a crash, partly due to the volatility of the rest of the world with which the U.S. is involved.  The debt is not going away, nor the interest on the debt.

*A 50% collapse is not looming; it is already here.

*Growth in GDP is essential in order for the Federal Reserve's policies to succeed.  A decline in GDP of even a fraction in two consecutive quarters signals the onset of a recession. 

*A currency crisis will only be one result if Fed policies fail.  Wealth will transfer from those with a paper portfolio to those with tangible assets.

*Stocks are currently over-valued by 80%, and we are presently in the same situation as in 1929 and 1999.

*The American public needs to reduce its expenses to the bare necessities.

*Everyone should build an emergency cash fund.

*Stockpile food, meds, and other essentials

*Get away from cities and to a defensible location

Recent P/E ratio over-valuation chart:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 03:28:47 PM by R.R. Book »

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Look Into Our Future: An Economic Domino Begins to Fall...
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2018, 11:27:15 AM »
...That domino being global shipping.  Zero Hedge reported this past weekend that the world's largest shipping company, Maersk, is struggling to remain afloat (no pun intended), having already lost 30% of its stock market value so far this year.  It plans to cut back service between Asia and Northern Europe "temporarily" to cut costs. 

Please see red line on Stock Market valuation chart below, and note that the collapse closely follows the blue line of the inverted bond yield curve, in which long-term interest rates are suddenly lower than short-term interest rates.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-13/worlds-largest-shipping-company-collapses-trade-war-reality-strikes

Referred by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFd4VOG7_xA @ 3:30

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Look Into Our Future: An Economic Domino Begins to Fall...
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2018, 07:41:32 PM »
...That domino being global shipping.  Zero Hedge reported this past weekend that the world's largest shipping company, Maersk, is struggling to remain afloat (no pun intended), having already lost 30% of its stock market value so far this year.  It plans to cut back service between Asia and Northern Europe "temporarily" to cut costs. 

Please see red line on Stock Market valuation chart below, and note that the collapse closely follows the blue line of the inverted bond yield curve, in which long-term interest rates are suddenly lower than short-term interest rates.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-13/worlds-largest-shipping-company-collapses-trade-war-reality-strikes

Referred by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFd4VOG7_xA @ 3:30

Since Maersk is struggling to remain solvent, it seems the heart of the matter is "people aren't buying as much stuff".  Not being an economist or accountant, I have to explain these things to myself in a way I can understand it.

And people not buying stuff makes sense, as world economies are all pretty much shakey, at best.  If it's too expensive to continue shipping between Asia and Northern Europe, then there must not be enough "stuff" moving between those two areas.  My 2 cents.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2018, 08:24:24 AM »
Good point.  And the reverse may also be true: if so many of these goods are the cheaply produced items that we are used to seeing in Dollar Tree, Dollar General, and W-mart, perhaps the value of our dollar is no longer matching the cost to produce and ship these items?

If so, we may either see our bargain stores dry up, or items of lesser value being sold thru them.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2018, 07:18:12 PM »
On a related note, something we've been seeing for 5-10 years now is the explosion of new Dollar General or Dollar Store, or whatever.

Sometimes there will even be a brand new one open up less than a mile from a current one--all in a rather small town.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2018, 09:06:22 AM »
I've noticed that too.  In fact, I can still remember when the "Everything's a Dollar" store used to be kind of exotic, and you had to be in a city to visit one.

Now it seems that every town has one.  Do you suppose their presence has prevented the American public from feeling how much less our USD can purchase these days, as compared with, say, in the 1990's?

Also, since China owns a disproportionately large percentage of US debt, my understanding is that we are obligated to push their goods here (or at least were until Trump slapped a trade tariff on their imports here), and maybe the Dollar stores help to satisfy that function?  I wonder how much of the Dollar merchandise is from China?

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2018, 10:43:28 AM »
On a related note, something we've been seeing for 5-10 years now is the explosion of new Dollar General or Dollar Store, or whatever.

Sometimes there will even be a brand new one open up less than a mile from a current one--all in a rather small town.

And malls closing.  Diminishing middle class.  Growing poor and rich classes.  (From an Internet source somewhere recently - can't remember where, no time to search.)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2018, 11:10:58 AM »
Absolutely.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!