Author Topic: Do we stand a chance?  (Read 16342 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Do we stand a chance?
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2014, 11:30:35 PM »
Rapture, Aliens, Bio-warfare, Nuclear attack, Meteors, Astroids, potential Super Nova, War, Plague... These are all things prodicted and somewhat proven that WILL happen in the not to distant future. I am a 23 year old male with an incredible skill set I am a jack of all trades in construction, A martial student of several styles, An expert marksmen with firearms and bows, a trained and studied survialist, and a decent human in my opinion. I don't know if i stand a chance against all of this, part of me wants to survive and live a life i loved and dreamed of, the walker, the wandering surviver, etc. But another part just wants to live what time i have left bc life isnt life without friends and family... well that depends on the family i suppose but what do we do how do we prepare I have plans for almost any catastrophy and i dont know if they will work, There is no way to test them, and I am and always have been a broke student. What so I do now? Do we stand a chance?
I'm not sure why you are listed as a guest. Try reapplying.
All I can say is, I do not believe there is any such thing as predestination.
Logically speaking we do all have a chance to survive.
All The Best,
Barb Townsend 

bk

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2014, 11:04:43 PM »
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is all any of us can do.

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2014, 12:09:59 PM »
Well said.  Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed.  If anything better happens you will be pleasantly surprised.
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is all any of us can do.

That's a good saying.  ;)

bk

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2014, 08:13:45 PM »
I think it was hope for the best prepare for the worst (these are the glass 1/2 full people) I guess that make me the glass 1/2 empty type  ;D

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2014, 03:15:55 PM »
Somehow I missed m4branch86's post.

None of us know if we will survive or not.  But he certainly sounds like he is a lot better prepared to survive than many of us.  I recently realized that most likely there is no way I can carry my BOB very far if I have to try to hike out of the city.  I am hoping that I will have enough advance notice to get out of Dodge before it becomes almost impossible.

I am also the glass half full kind of person.  Although I am weary of the heavy feelings of dread I am experiencing sensing that the other shoe is about to drop, I think that for many reasons, this coming event is necessary, and I think if I am supposed to survive I will and if I am not supposed to survive, I won't.  So I do not worry too much about what will happen to me personally, and mostly worry about loved ones.  But we each have our own path to walk, and I believe we knew what we were getting in to prior to being born this time, so no sense worrying.  We can only do the best we can do, that is all.

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2014, 06:19:19 PM »
I'm not a religious person.  I believe there is a God.  I believe that God already knows when and how I will die.  Which makes me worrying or fearful of it a futile exercise...  I could die in a car crash tomorrow.  My apartment might go up in flames tonight.  Theoretically a meteorite could crash through my bedroom roof and take me and my wife out tonight or next week.

There are plenty of other things to worry about over, "Will I make it or what will happen?"  A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was in high school and my football coach preached, "Preparation determines performance."  That has been true for me from then until now.  When I have been prepared, I don't recall failing at anything I really set my sights on.  When I'm not prepared, it's 50/50 at best.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:39:15 PM by JKB »
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2015, 07:40:10 AM »
(Note:  "Do We Stand A Chance?" seems like a good spot to park this article.  Also, clicking on the link will allow one to see the graphic.)

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/08/15/apollo-14-astronaut-claims-peace-loving-aliens-prevented-nuclear-war-on-earth/

Apollo 14 astronaut claims peace-loving aliens prevented 'nuclear war' on Earth

Published August 15, 2015
FoxNews.com

Edgar Mitchell (NASA)
From “The Day the Earth Stood Still” to “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” to “E.T.,” pop culture is filled with stories about friendly, curious extraterrestrials visiting Earth to learn more about mankind. For Apollo 14 veteran Edgar Mitchell that plotline is less fiction than it is reality. The sixth man to walk the surface of the moon told Mirror online that he believes peace-keeping aliens visited our planet to prevent a nuclear war between Russia and the United States.
The idea sounds far-fetched, but Mitchell claims that military insiders viewed strange flying crafts cruising over U.S. missile bases and the White Sands facility in New Mexico, the site of the first-ever nuclear bomb detonation in 1945.
“They wanted to know about our military capabilities,” he said. “My own experience talking to people has made it clear the ETs had been attempting to keep us from going to war and help create peace on Earth.”
Mitchell, who grew up near the famous Roswell site in New Mexico, said that he has heard from various Air Force officers who claim UFOs were a regular site during the Cold War.
“They told me UFOs were frequently seen overhead and often disabled their missiles,” he added. “Other officers from bases on the Pacific coast told me their (test) missiles were frequently shot down by alien spacecraft.”
Some are understandably skeptical about this theory that diplomatic aliens have traveled the cosmos to disarm U.S. military weapons.

“Given that the Universe is around 14 billion years old, if we’re being visited, it’s unlikely we’re dealing with a civilization just a few hundred years ahead of us, so stories of aliens managing to disrupt a few of our weapons tests are far-fetched,” Nick Pope, former Ministry of Defense UFO researcher, told Mirror online. “Chances are they’d be millions of years ahead of us and could do anything they wanted to.”

(Editor's note to Nick Pope:  Assuming they were a million years ahead of us, they still might have disrupted our weapons tests!  Wake up, Nick Pope.)

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2017, 04:26:54 PM »
Thought that Socrates might enjoy this!

Those Above Will Be Eaten by Those Below!  :(

http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-theories/2017/07/those-above-will-be-eaten-by-those-below-2482366.html

The 1960 movie, “The Time Machine”, foretells the time we are living in.

In the movie, ”The Time Machine”, 800,000 years in the future, the people below ate the people above. This is where humanity is going.

The complete story is in the following video.

Max.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:34:12 PM by Socrates »
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: Time Machine
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2017, 10:35:40 PM »
Thought that Socrates might enjoy this!
Definitely a classic!  :D
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01