Author Topic: WEAPONS  (Read 38656 times)

noproblemo2

Re: WEAPONS
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 07:13:11 PM »
I agree about the guns, so much so I am in the process of attaining one here, via a friend. Will just have to keep it well hidden along with the clips.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 07:51:19 PM »
I would like to refer you to the self defense zone topics, lower in the Townhall.  BTW, one bad thing about a .22, compared to a .38, or 9mm. The larger bore guns will go thru walls but the .22 might not. I have taught my wife to shoot thru walls, and not wait for eye contact to shoot. I have lots of spackling for the walls.  ed

noproblemo2

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 08:01:56 PM »
Good to know Ed, the one I am referring to is a 38 semi-auto, hopefully it will do what I need it to.

Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 09:22:54 PM »
You mean 38 super? May I ask what brand it is?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 09:46:31 PM »
Interesting you should mention hot coffee. My mind works that way too. There have been a couple times when that would have been my only defense (had I been attacked which I wasn't at that time) and something about my body language told the guy I would definitely use  it.
I like having a stick or cane with me all the time. Once I asked my son if he still kept his stick in his car he said no then he got one a three foot  metal rod.
Turns out that may have saved saved his life. Tired of talking about the gang attakcs we have had a few.
More later.

Carluccio_piattino

• Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 04:07:10 AM »
I would like to refer you to the self defense zone topics, lower in the Townhall.  BTW, one bad thing about a .22, compared to a .38, or 9mm. The larger bore guns will go thru walls but the .22 might not. I have taught my wife to shoot thru walls, and not wait for eye contact to shoot. I have lots of spackling for the walls.  ed

Ed,

Interesting this about shooting through walls. I have seen this on Holywood movies and I always felt it out of place. Here in Brazil, very few dry-walls. Most of walls are made of a mixture of cement (some places concrete) and thick bricks with layers of plaster and some cement in between. Those movies wont do if shot in Brazil....  Good resistance to tornado force winds (roofs go, walls stay) but very hard to change plumbing or electrical conduits.

BR,

Carlos

noproblemo2

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 04:56:55 AM »
You mean 38 super? May I ask what brand it is?
The P-3AT is a semi-automatic, locked breech pistol, chambered for the .380 Auto cartridge. It has been developed from our highly successful P-32 pistol with negligible increase in weight and size. The slidestop has been eliminated and the magazine capacity reduced to 6 rounds due to the larger cartridge.
The firing mechanism is double action only. The magazine has a 6 round capacity. The KEL-TEC P-3AT is the lightest .380 Auto pistol ever made. Thanks to its locking dynamics and superior ergonometry, perceived recoil and practical accuracy are comparable to much larger guns.
The P-3AT is mainly intended for plainclothes police officers as a secondary weapon, or for concealed carry by licensed citizens. The small grip size and light trigger pull make the P-3AT ideal for female shooters.
From the very beginning of the design and development, computers have been used exclusively. All machined components are also made on modern high speed computerized equipment. Equally advanced quality control equipment and test procedures ensure a firearm with uncompromising quality in materials and workmanship.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Calibers : .380 AUTO
Weight unloaded lbs. : 8.3 oz.
Loaded magazine : 2.8 oz.
Length : 5.2"
Height : 3.5"
Width : .77"
Sight radius : 3.8"
Muzzle Energy Max : 250 ft lbs
Capacity : 6 + 1 rounds
Trigger Pull : 5lbs
The P-3AT has five main component groups: barrel, slide, firing mechanism, grip, and magazine. The barrel is made of SAE 4140 ordnance steel, heat treated to 48 HRC. The slide is also 4140 steel, and contains the firing pin and the extractor.
The rectangular frame is machined from solid 7075-T6 aluminum and houses the firing mechanism.
The trigger connects via a transfer bar to the hammer. The hammer is driven by a novel free floating extension spring. The light weight firing pin transmits the energy of the hammer to ignite the primer. After firing, the hammer block holds the hammer away from the firing pin, providing a mechanical safety.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 05:54:27 AM »
PS I used to have my son put about an 8" pipe up his sleeve when he went up the door. Talking about 14 or so. Walked him to the bustop made sure he had his pipe. Had to let the boy go out couldn't keep him prisoner.  Once he got where he was going he would be safe. No car at that time. The neighborhoods we lived in were a real mixed bag. Had to watch your back. 
Then I had encouraged him to keep a metal rod in his vehicle... I said do you still have a metal stick in your car, sweetie boy? He said no but got one and put it in his car. Repeating myself here.
It really came in handly one night a couple years ago.
Being approached by gang members near his car, he couldn't talk sense to them. He had put some gas into his car...  said hey all I want to go is get going. They kept coming slowly toward him.
He started banging that metal rod with all his might on a nearby fence. I don't think they wanted to get near that crazy big boy  >:( with that metal stick.  It didn't look like such fun to them to walk right into that. That would have  ____d them up!!
I strongly advocate for people to have sticks. Just handy where you can grab them! When I was alone with my kids for years we would put a stick or two near the front door. I put a couple sticks in each room and showed the kids where they were. We never had an intruder but the idea is they should grab that long stick and use it as defense. Better than nothing and it buys some time. I heard people outside our house in the middle of the night but thankfully no one broke in.  The idea is always have some kind of weapon in your home, purse, car so you are not a sitting duck.
This stick on the left looks like the kind  my son kept in his car for years. It's rebar, of course- Yowbarb

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:03:26 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 06:04:58 AM »
Totally legal, hehe.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 09:40:34 AM »
One of my students honored me with the gift of making me a walking stick, engraved with "To Master life, one must first overcome pain." It is huge, and almost makes me feel like Moses, when I walk with it.  ed

Deathanyl

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 10:39:04 AM »
I agree with the in car weapon idea 4 sure we (my friends and i) used to call them "asshole deturants" and they worked wonderfully, ours came in cut lengths and i put a rope and tape grip on one end so it couldn't easily be taken from the wielder. As an adult i have a mini baseball bat for kids it's bout arm length and weighs just the right amount it's wood but is easily used by one of the kids as My eldest knows his place if i am not home and if the house is under attack or someone sneaks in while I'm gone (I'm often not home) he knows how to use it and the big knives in the kitchen  :D

obtaining the weapon is only half the battle though as it takes a "will of the Warrior to use it", had to slip a futurerama quote in there lol, but seriously thats why the boy is the home guard and his mother, she is too kind and non violent She would freeze up i fear where the boy.... well i don't worry bout that ;D He's My boy ;D

Though if you know of a smith in your area still thy can be of a real asset in having things made now for later, i have 2 pairs of metal gloves i had made, one is normal with smooth fingers (still good for punching) the other is a spiked lethal-ness i worry putting on :) of course to truly become confident in the use of such melee weapons one needs practice, where i live there used to be a group of folks who  had set up a club to meet and spar, (all weapons were blunted and safety gear was worn.) but they had this 60+ yer old woman who used a short sword machete like weapon very well, so practice and if your into throwing buying a fist full of good balanced throwing knives and practicing like lawn darts in your back yard doesn't hurt either. :D

how ever i hate to tak away from the main message which is not weapons (is of this thread i guess) but being able to hide, being stealthy will be of far more advantage as most raiders will be lumped into groups and if your not... doesn't matter how good you are eventually you will fall, and it might not be the day of battle either, as a cut in the time of chaos, or broken limb is enough to seriously handi cap or kill a lone wolf.

So to those who are weapon focused i suggest you also learn about how to clean and sew up wounds, beside your weapon keep it's more common cure in your bag as first (and only) aid. more and more i feel I'm drawn to the tazer as my side arm of choice followed by my blade, though i have a fair arsenal in the armory, and know of powder i accept the fact it might not be a long term answer depending how the world falls, and the glory of a stick as a weapon is i doubt if there will be no wood or re bar left over after.

End of the day no weapon is as effective as being prepared and having a solid team, or destination you push for, best of luck all!
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

noproblemo2

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 10:53:57 AM »
no weapon is as effective as being prepared and having a solid team
This is VERY true, be prepared both mentally and physically can be the difference between life and death.
Also lets not leave out "spiritually" as well.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »
There is a topic under my 'SUN TZU' , that speaks to the mental parts of defense and what it takes to pull a trigger, and others.  ed

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 03:54:32 PM »
One of my students honored me with the gift of making me a walking stick, engraved with "To Master life, one must first overcome pain." It is huge, and almost makes me feel like Moses, when I walk with it.  ed

Very cool!
- Yowbarb

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2010, 09:23:51 AM »
BajaSusan The 380 is good but I would not go much smaller I love my 380 PPK/S1 Walther made by Smith and Wesson you can leave it chambered with the safety on safely, the open hammer can not hit the firing pin even if you hit it hard the Ammo I use is Magsafe very good stopping power for such a small gun.

in controlled tests with .357 law enforcement loads, the 10 mm used by the FBI, and other hollow points, MagSafe .380 ACP beat 'em all! Fragments to penetrate... so it's safer, without ricochets. Handcrafted to precise specs, making it accurate and reliable.

MagSafe Ammo is faster, recoils less, and stops attackers faster than any other ammunition in the world. Elite forces are outfitted with MagSafe, from Navy SEALS to the Royal Hong Kong Police anti-gang units, from big-city undercover narcs to guards at some of America's meanest prisons. The reason is simple. MagSafe works. You really can turn your .380 into .45 auto.

everyone should have a good rifle as well. What ever you buy test it until it is second nature respect it but do not fear using it if the time comes to save yourself or people you care for. You will feel bad yes but not as bad as having to bury a loved one. lets hope that time never comes.