Author Topic: Misc. Items  (Read 6511 times)

noproblemo2

Misc. Items
« on: December 17, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »
MISC.
Batteries LOTS
Bleach
Bow and Arrows
Candles LOTS
Canteens
Dish Soap
Emergency Blankets
Fire Extinguishers
Fire Starters
Fishing Poles & Hooks
Flashlights
Hand Can Opener
Laundry Soap
LP
Matches
Needles and threads, multiple uses for them
Oil Lamps
Oil For Lamps
Paper, Pencils, Pens
Paper Plates
Ropes
Sleeping Bags 2
Toothpaste 20 Tubes
Toothbrushes -6
Tooth Floss
TP 300 Rolls
VHF Handheld
Thermal Clothes
Winter Coats

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:11:20 PM by BajaSusan »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Misc. Items
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 07:09:21 AM »
This just in by e-mail:

[start quote]
We now have a Deluxe Car Emergency Kit in our store:
http://www.sosgeneralstore.com/Protection/Deluxe-Car-Emergency-Kit.html

This kit is a must have for any vehicle in any season.

And with this kit, you'll never have to worry about getting
stranded on the side of the road when you are traveling.

With over 200 vehicle safety essential items including:

* 64 Piece First Aid Kit
    * Emergency Food Rations - (6) Individually Wrapped Bars - 2,400 Total Calories
    * Accident Document Guide
    * Emergency Purified Drinking Water - (3) Four Ounce Packets
    * Tire Sealant
    * Radiator Hose Repair Kit
    * Heater Hose Repair Kit
    * Gas Tank Repair Kit
    * Deluxe Tire Repair Toolkit - 47 Piece Kit that Contains
    * Click here to see the other items in this kit...
[end quote]

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 12:51:13 AM »
blog.2012pro.com

How To Survive 2012

http://blog.2012pro.com/2012/survival-equipment-now-is-the-time-to-get-prepared

Survival Equipment – NOW is the Time to Get Prepared

Saturday, August 20th, 2011 at 8:55 am

Time is running out and it is a MUST to get your own Survival Equipment before it is too late. Remember that with catastrophes increasing in number and intensity, not only logistics will fail, but also more people will start realizing the need to get prepared. Already now certain items start to run out of stock…

The challenge is to know which materials to gather and how much of each. Better to foresee a longer period of chaos, yet foresee quantities of products to remain mobile as likely you will need to move locations frequently. The following categories of survival equipment are indispensable:
Clothing

Hook needle no. 2.5 (rope/clothing hooks of grass or wood fibre)

Set of large, long firm needles

Wind protected /impermeable ski jacket with cap

Undershirt with long sleeves and trousers with long legs (thermal underwear)

T shirt long sleeve (LONG enough to cover bottom)

T shirt short sleeve

Fleece pullover with collar and zipper

Lightweight long sport trousers

Lightweight sport pants or shorts

Ski gloves and 1 pair of thin gloves

Bonnet or cap with side and back flaps

Scarf

Thick socks – layer technique

Firm mount walking/ hiking shoes/boots with thick profile shoe-leather

Extra set of laces

Clear rain suit with trousers or overall with cap

Books

General surviving tips: get Survival Reference Guide

Edible plants, herbs, mushrooms

Road map to Southern Spain (sudden departure)

Material

The yellow material box

Desalination for marine water, fire arrows (day and night), fire sticks, slide hamper for trunk transport

Backpack and nylon bags

Sleeping bag

Tent

Plastic sail 2×3 meters (6×9 ft.) (for when tent is lost or broken)

Aluminium foil rescue/emergency blanket

Portable plastic jerry cans (drinking water, petrol…)

Chemical light bars/sticks

First aid box (including sterile needles and tick tweezers)

Drafting Table – for charting stars in the sky

Compass

Binocular, night-vision goggles

Pocket lamp with dynamo lamp principle

Small metal whistle (emergency signals)

Swiss multipurpose knife (can opener, screwdriver, scissors…)

Fishing lines, hooks, sinkers

Wire saw

Small chopping axe

Grind stone

Small iron shovel with folding blade

5 meters parachute cord (to make snares and catch game)

Pistol/gun + bullets/shells, bow + arrows

Hanging gun rack, or ceiling rack, speed arrows 220-250 km hour

Thick firm pencil

2 bundles iron yarn (repairing)

30 meters smoothly braided rope of mountain climbing quality

50 meters thin nylon cord

Mosquito net

Strong sun/snow glasses (on mount altitude preventing eye damage because of radiation, very important!)

Plastic gloves

Rubber band or tape to seal off clothing

Face mask with filter to stop volcanic gas /dust

Iodine tablets

Radiation meter

Heating & Fire

Fire sticks (to make fire burn faster and longer)

Magnifying glass (make fire)

magnesium block fire starter

Waterproof matches with wax coating

2 lighters (cigaret-type)

flint (packed waterproof to last longer)

Small gas or ethylated sterno burner (food/snow melting or disinfecting water)

Food and Drinks

Dry grain wafers

Dried fruit bars

Biscuits

Quick cooking rice

Pan with matching lid

Small kettle

Large deep plate

Set cutlery

Drinking container

Thermal field bottle (thermos)

Plastic folding water bag or box of condoms (to use as water bag)

Sacks of vegetable seed (grains…)

Iodine tablets or tincture for protection thyroid at atom calamity

Water purification tablets

Small personal drinking water filter

Toiletry

Soap

Washcloths

Towels

Shaving products

Toothpaste

Tooth brush

Small mirror

Small scissors

Clippers

Detergent

Medicines

Eye drops

Bacteria/virus infection pills

Generic antibiotics

Tagged with: 2012 • Patrick Geryl • preparation 2012 • Survival Equipment • Survival Essentials

Filed under: 2012 • Global Catastrophe • Survival Essentials • Survival Groups • Survival Guide

Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Possibly related posts

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 03:24:14 PM »
Awesome!! Mary (Enlightenme) new Moderator, I am so delighted you are able to adopt these Boards.
These were really good ones.
Susan (noproblemo2) got them off to a really good start.
All The Best of Luck,
Yowbarb

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:42:58 AM »
At the risk of sounding too pretentious, I think a really great website from good old PA here is www.readypa.org  They have some really great lists for everything:  home, car, workplace..printable checklists!  There were some items listed on there that I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere else (though of course I may have missed it with all the great information already listed about this topic here in TH), such as:  snake bite kit, eyewash, smelling salts, fire extinguisher, spraypaint, hardhats and workgloves (ofcourse most peeps in PA probably already have those on hand at home, the hardhats and workgloves that is.. lol).

Does anyone else know of any such similar sites for their states??  It would be interesting to check to see how they compare.  Maybe we would see some additional type items more commonly needed for specific regions of the country.

errrv

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 07:58:52 AM »
The LDS booklet is one of the best sources I've seen. It's on here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. There's also a great food calculator & storage guide as well.
Erv

Sunnybug

• Celeste of Phoenix
  • Members
  • Prolific Member
    • n/a
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 01:48:05 PM »
This is probably listed here somewhere but I'll put it here again. The American Preppers Network has links for most state sites and some really good info in general. Even some ebooks.

http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.com/

Never Give UP! EVER

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 01:06:02 AM »
Enlightenme, Sunnybug and Erv, good stuff!
- Barb T.

cbeyer64

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 08:14:52 PM »
I wanted to add to the list, if you are going to have a gun or a pistol, I would recommend getting a cleaning kit so that way it won't get jammed and you can keep it clean.  I found a cleaning kit that I bought for shooting the M-16 in the U.S. Army and will definitely keep that!  I forgot I had it and glad I found it the other day.  :)  I also plan to get a rifle once I get out of the U.S. Army in a few weeks and plan to continue practicing at firing ranges indoors. 
Chandra

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 11:59:19 AM »
I wanted to add to the list, if you are going to have a gun or a pistol, I would recommend getting a cleaning kit so that way it won't get jammed and you can keep it clean.  I found a cleaning kit that I bought for shooting the M-16 in the U.S. Army and will definitely keep that!  I forgot I had it and glad I found it the other day.  :)  I also plan to get a rifle once I get out of the U.S. Army in a few weeks and plan to continue practicing at firing ranges indoors.

Really good ideas, cbeyer !
Also an idea, maybe Erv or one of the other guys posted it already -
waterproof boxes for the guns not being used, during "the bugout."
I would keep a cleaning kit in a waterproof  but easy - to - open small box in the bugout vehicle glove compartment...
- Yowbarb

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:01:23 PM by Yowbarb »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 08:45:40 PM »
From a channeling dated 17/Mar/14  at  http://www.whoneedslight.net/page/483999582 :

[start extract]
The Keshe Foundation of Taiwan has released the entire contents of the patents and blueprints which will make life-changing technologies available to the entire world.  The plans are free to the world, simple to follow, and will provide free energy, medical breakthroughs, and methods for food production.  I am asking all of you to go to the links which our dear Lady Portia and Lady Nada will provide on their website and Facebook pages.  It is imperative that thousands of people have copies of these plans, before those who would stop it have a chance to quash this information.

Each one of you must send the links on to others, and ask that they copy and store the information in a safe place.  Those with an interest in these technologies may begin using the information immediately.  The Foundation has asked only that those who share these gifts with humanity sign their pledge to use them for peaceful purposes.

This is a third step toward complete Disclosure.  The cigar-shaped ship over the Ukraine and the rescue of Flight 370 were the first two incidents which have made the presence of your Star Family known to the world.  As the coming weeks unfold, you will learn how important these events have actually been, and how much the world will have changed because of them.

You see, we are introducing ourselves to Planet Earth gradually.  All our actions will bring enormous benefits to the people, but must be done carefully to protect those involved.  Mr. Keshe is under our protection, as are others who are helping to bring these blessings to you.  His greatest protection will come from the fact that his information is so widely distributed and understood that it can never again be suppressed.
[end extract]

This from http://www.hollowearthnetwork.com/ :
"Note from Anne:  I am working on the download of the Keshe Foundation and when I have it worked out, will post the procedure."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:31:17 PM by Jimfarmer »

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
surprisingly useful items
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 05:23:13 AM »
There are some utensils/tools that i have come to find terribly good to have with you when setting up a site. 2 that jump to mind (for me) are:
- broom
- level

So ya got yer tent and you're all set... but getting the sand and dirt out of the tent before you climb into your sleeping bag... that's just one of the times a broom is handy as all hell.
Also for keeping the area in front or around the tent clear (of rocks and thorns and other things you hate stepping on when you get up to pee in the dark).
A broom can also be very useful when gathering soil, sand, etc. Or for clearing sand off of rocks that you use as stepping stones.
All kinds of things you do not want to be using your hand for since you never know what thorns and such hidden so you don't see them (or too late).

A level is especially good for making a spot clear for tent or other sleeping arrangement. Seriously, folks, sleeping on even a slight slope gets wearisome very quickly. And don't think you'll 'eyeball it', 'cause you may not see the incline but your body will surely feel it.
Obviously levels are also always good to have when working with water, building (small) dams and such.

Oh, another good one to have is a small trowel. I used to have one that was all aluminum, i.e. the handle was never gonna break or bend with that one. It's got to be made of sterner stuff since you'll unavoidably be hitting rocks and such and the metal shouldn't give way.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: surprisingly useful items
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 06:02:25 PM »
There are some utensils/tools that i have come to find terribly good to have with you when setting up a site. 2 that jump to mind (for me) are:
- broom
- level

So ya got yer tent and you're all set... but getting the sand and dirt out of the tent before you climb into your sleeping bag... that's just one of the times a broom is handy as all hell.
Also for keeping the area in front or around the tent clear (of rocks and thorns and other things you hate stepping on when you get up to pee in the dark).
A broom can also be very useful when gathering soil, sand, etc. Or for clearing sand off of rocks that you use as stepping stones.
All kinds of things you do not want to be using your hand for since you never know what thorns and such hidden so you don't see them (or too late).

A level is especially good for making a spot clear for tent or other sleeping arrangement. Seriously, folks, sleeping on even a slight slope gets wearisome very quickly. And don't think you'll 'eyeball it', 'cause you may not see the incline but your body will surely feel it.
Obviously levels are also always good to have when working with water, building (small) dams and such.

Oh, another good one to have is a small trowel. I used to have one that was all aluminum, i.e. the handle was never gonna break or bend with that one. It's got to be made of sterner stuff since you'll unavoidably be hitting rocks and such and the metal shouldn't give way.
I like the trowel idea too, especially if it's anything but steel.  Those things rust, and if not that, they really aren't all that strong, as every woman I know who uses them in the garden says they always end up bending, or the metal part breaks out of its wooden handle.

You can makeshift one from flat or almost-flat rocks, or one of many types of scraps found here and there.  Or if you don't mind spending some money, get a bronze one.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 03:50:40 AM »
- broom
- level

What great ideas!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 03:51:10 AM »
- broom
- level

I like the trowel idea too, especially if it's anything but steel.  Those things rust, and if not that, they really aren't all that strong, as every woman I know who uses them in the garden says they always end up bending, or the metal part breaks out of its wooden handle.

You can makeshift one from flat or almost-flat rocks, or one of many types of scraps found here and there.  Or if you don't mind spending some money, get a bronze one.

I like that idea of a bronze one...