Author Topic: If you help one person be aware of the need to prepare...  (Read 5672 times)

Awareness88

If you help one person be aware of the need to prepare...
« on: January 13, 2011, 04:40:47 PM »
The rejection blank stares and unwillingness to look beyond ones self does not matter to me anymore. If I were to talk to 1,000 people and only one even considered opening there eyes its worth it. Ignorance of people is below me and I will not allow their anger and discontent to effect me and my message. Under any circumstance I will continue to do what I think is moral whatever they may say. My motivation is life for people and nothing will get in my way or distract and I mean NOTHING. We must stand STRONG in our beliefs. If not the anger of our world will consume you takeing you away from your purpose which is being prepared and helping others.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:10:58 AM by Yowbarb »

noproblemo2

Re: If you help one person be aware of the need to prepare...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 05:25:28 PM »
We ALL want people aware and try in our own ways, this is not something we can force others to accept, subtle hints go a long way and has worked well for me with people.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:11:12 AM by Yowbarb »

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: If you help one person Be aware of the need to prepare...
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 09:10:42 PM »
The rejection blank stares and unwillingness to look beyond ones self does not matter to me anymore. If I were to talk to 1,000 people and only one even considered opening there eyes its worth it. Ignorance of people is below me and I will not allow their anger and discontent to effect me and my message. Under any circumstance I will continue to do what I think is moral whatever they may say. My motivation is life for people and nothing will get in my way or distract and I mean NOTHING. We must stand STRONG in our beliefs. If not the anger of our world will consume you takeing you away from your purpose which is being prepared and helping others.
"
I hear you LOUD & CLEAR......been 'hearing' this song( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY41o-iZStI&feature=related) over and over today: "Ain't nothing gonna break my stride, I got to keep on moving"! I take this to mean, no matter what comes our way......nobody's gonna stop me from telling the truth, from getting the message out!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 08:12:18 AM »
PS The only reason I had edited some previous posts I was changing the subject title
to make it easier to search for.
Barb Townsend
Topic Administrator

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 11:33:54 AM »
If people are being ignorant, let them.  No one can save them.
Plus, "more for us".  (Sound selfish, maybe it is a little... but I personally think surviving the aftertimes is meant for those who followed their senses and took it seriously enough to prepare).

Plantman40

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 07:14:50 AM »
If people are being ignorant, let them.  No one can save them.
Plus, "more for us".  (Sound selfish, maybe it is a little... but I personally think surviving the aftertimes is meant for those who followed their senses and took it seriously enough to prepare).

“A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.” (Prov.22:3)

Plantman40

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 07:21:50 AM »
I have been announcing to friends and family for many, many years of things coming. For the most part, they think I'm crazy. Some see and don't want to do anything. Or just don't care. What scares me is when the SHTF, they'll be looking for me to help them. I will do all that I can but how can you keep the sanity in your friends and family or even yourself? I've been preparing for several years. They have not. So I've came to the conclusion in telling them..."An Emergency on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part. I repeat this to them many times in a conversation. There will be so many people, friends, family, etc. that will just be plain crazy wanting to abuse my resources, or just take what they can. I am prepared to leave my present location. Did a dry run with Hurricane Irene.
  We all have people we have tried to open up to what is coming and we all will have the same scenerio. What do you plan to do when this situation happens and they are pounding on your door or even trying to break in or even wanting kill you to survive? Chaos. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a point that I'm tired of trying to explain what is coming, yet I still do. I pray for these. I've read in the Scripture that you can move mountains with prayer. I've also been told that you better bring a shovel.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 09:56:30 AM »
I have been announcing to friends and family for many, many years of things coming. For the most part, they think I'm crazy. Some see and don't want to do anything. Or just don't care. What scares me is when the SHTF, they'll be looking for me to help them. I will do all that I can but how can you keep the sanity in your friends and family or even yourself? I've been preparing for several years. They have not. So I've came to the conclusion in telling them..."An Emergency on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part. I repeat this to them many times in a conversation. There will be so many people, friends, family, etc. that will just be plain crazy wanting to abuse my resources, or just take what they can. I am prepared to leave my present location. Did a dry run with Hurricane Irene.
  We all have people we have tried to open up to what is coming and we all will have the same scenerio. What do you plan to do when this situation happens and they are pounding on your door or even trying to break in or even wanting kill you to survive? Chaos. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a point that I'm tired of trying to explain what is coming, yet I still do. I pray for these. I've read in the Scripture that you can move mountains with prayer. I've also been told that you better bring a shovel.

Plantman if you don't mind my asking, do you have an immediate family, such as wife and children
and/or ex wife and children, also a few close friends who are like minded in this situation?
You can respond by PM if you prefer.
The reason I am asking is, if you have children, or adult offspring who would cooperate with you,
maybe the wisest course of action is keep your survival location very secret and make those closest to you
the priority.
We don't know yet if something major will happen, or several somethings - if so, it is possible a survival
group would need  a minimum of two years food, water, also all it takes to plant and hunt more food.
I feel it is possible much of the soil in the Aftertime will not be fit to plant in for awhile.
See:    Minimalism in 2012 / The soil in the Aftertime 
Link:
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=1073.msg11426#msg11426

Back to my train of thought...regarding who you can take with you:
(Also if the ___ really does hit the fan and once the group goes underground, there needs to be an
ongoing cultivation of food such as:

Sprouts growing,
LED vegetable & fruit cultivation,
mushrooms
Yogurt cultivation,
perhaps even fish pond, in one protected corner of the shelter...
- OR- or in a separate container...
some domestic creatures such as the chickens etc.

The reason I have mentioned that is, MREs and canned goods will need to be supplemented with cheap
continually - cultivated foods. Partly for nutritional value, and partly because no matter how we all try,
people's stores of MREs and canned goods might not be enough.

All this has to be set up in advance, the leds the growing soil, the sprouter containers, the battery - operated or low heat yogurt cultivator;
everything
which will be needed to grow mushrooms in the dark, the fish deal is tricky with the timing, it would need to be put in place shortly before
zero hour probably. It is quite a project having the shelters for the domestic animals set up... It may be a good idea to have a totally trusted
friend managing things on your survival site. (I have posted some suggestions about his on the T.H. previously.)
Now that is a lot to confront. Forgive it, you probably know all this and then some, already on your own.
It's a rough world. You have every right to pick and choose who you will have with you and
who you will save. Let me know what you think and I hope it is OK I posted this to you,
Barb Townsend
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:01:39 AM by Yowbarb »

Plantman40

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 11:55:38 AM »

Plantman if you don't mind my asking, do you have an immediate family, such as wife and children
and/or ex wife and children, also a few close friends who are like minded in this situation?
The reason I am asking is, if you have children, or adult offspring who would cooperate with you,
maybe the wisest course of action is keep your survival location very secret and make those closest to you
the priority.
We don't know yet if something major will happen, or several somethings - if so, it is possible a survival
group would need  a minimum of two years food, water, also all it takes to plant and hunt more food.
I feel it is possible much of the soil in the Aftertime will not be fit to plant in for awhile.
Link:

(Also if the ___ really does hit the fan and once the group goes underground, there needs to be an

Sprouts growing,
mushrooms
Yogurt cultivation,

The reason I have mentioned that is, MREs and canned goods will need to be supplemented with cheap
continually - cultivated foods. Partly for nutritional value, and partly because no matter how we all try,

All this has to be set up in advance, the leds the growing soil, the sprouter containers, the battery - operated or low heat yogurt cultivator;
everything
which will be needed to grow mushrooms in the dark, the fish deal is tricky with the timing, it would need to be put in place shortly before
zero hour probably. It is quite a project having the shelters for the domestic animals set up... It may be a good idea to have a totally trusted
friend managing things on your survival site. (I have posted some suggestions about his on the T.H. previously.)
Now that is a lot to confront. Forgive it, you probably know all this and then some, already on your own.
It's a rough world. You have every right to pick and choose who you will have with you and
who you will save. Let me know what you think and I hope it is OK I posted this to you,
Barb Townsend

Hi Barb,
  I'm not really worried about the period during or after. I'm leaving that up to God. And I guess I really shouldn't worry about the unprepared. It's all in Gods' hands. I'm just wondering about those that wake up too late or come to realize that they didn't pay attention. They will be a scary bunch of frantic people. I have no children, no wife. So that will not be a burden. I have many nephews and their children and one sister that is still living. And many, many friends that I keep informed, yet they do nothing to prepare. I can only do so much on my part. I am handicapped. (one leg). So it is difficult as is.
  Just wondering how I will confront all these when the time comes, even though they have been informed. Maybe I should leave that in Gods' hands also.
  I do not attend church. Haven't found one that teaches the complete truth. Most seem to teach fantasy. 
Sometimes, I wish I didn't see but I'm glad I do. We have been awakened for a reason. And that is to prepare and tell others.
I depend on this site for information and it has been such a great help. Just curious what we will do when the warned and unprepared look for us when we have disappeared. Or if we remain in place. Now that is kind of scary.
        Take care

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 12:11:40 PM »

the priority.
Link:

Sprouts growing,
mushrooms
Yogurt cultivation,

everything
Barb Townsend

Hi Barb,
  I'm not really worried about the period during or after. I'm leaving that up to God. And I guess I really shouldn't worry about the unprepared. It's all in Gods' hands. I'm just wondering about those that wake up too late or come to realize that they didn't pay attention. They will be a scary bunch of frantic people. I have no children, no wife. So that will not be a burden. I have many nephews and their children and one sister that is still living. And many, many friends that I keep informed, yet they do nothing to prepare. I can only do so much on my part. I am handicapped. (one leg). So it is difficult as is.
  Just wondering how I will confront all these when the time comes, even though they have been informed. Maybe I should leave that in Gods' hands also.
  I do not attend church. Haven't found one that teaches the complete truth. Most seem to teach fantasy. 
Sometimes, I wish I didn't see but I'm glad I do. We have been awakened for a reason. And that is to prepare and tell others.
I depend on this site for information and it has been such a great help. Just curious what we will do when the warned and unprepared look for us when we have disappeared. Or if we remain in place. Now that is kind of scary.
        Take care

Hello again Plantman40. So, you answered my questions... it does look like you have some family and friends
and contacts you are concerned about.
Well you know what you are doing, all I can say is try to keep your location secret, if that is still possible and
try to make sure you are not alone in your location.
True there might be some really crazy panicked behavior... true not so much we can do about that possibility except to keep on.
I wish you All the Best,  :)
Yowbarb

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 08:42:27 AM »
My daughter and I were just discussing this yesterday.  We have informed our extended family about the coming events but many have rejected the message and are not prepping.  Now we realize that they all know where we are going to try to ride out the shift, and that we have prepped a lot.  So if they are able to make it to our place when things get bad, we will be put in the position where we will need to take them in and try to stretch our supplies to cover many more.  How can any truly service to other person turn away family when something like this happens?  Of course we cannot.  So we are adding supplies as we can and are saying we will have to do the best we can to stretch supplies by rationing, and then trust in God for what happens when we run out.  We have seeds and are hoping we can grow a garden, but as you well know, it could be several years before a garden will produce an adequate amount of food to ensure survival.  So all we can do is the best we can and hope for the best.

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
Endtimesgal and everyone else reading, I think it is imperative to not dip into your supplies for *anyone* unless they are able to contribute something.  It's harsh, but think of it this way:  Do lionesses like to share their kill, which they strategized over and hunted down with great physical effort, with a bunch of hyenas?  Most definitely not.  This is survival.

Once you are settled in, get your ducks in a row, get a garden growing, etc, then you can probably share.

This is just my humble opinion.

errrv

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »
Hey everybody!
I have about 20 prepper friends. Guess how many have stored food for more than 90 days?
Zero. Yes, they will be coming to find me. They know that I am serious. They probably also plan on taking what I have. :(

I started out storing food with bags of bean & rice. Those aren't really stored properly, so they won't last a real long time. This is my sharing food.

Maybe my biggest bugout reason is to protect my supplies. You will not be able to trust ANYONE who has kids to feed. If you have kids you understand. Be ready to walk away from your stash as well. It's not worth your life. If God has a plan for you then you will survive.
Erv

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »
Buddhakitty, Erv et al.
Good words, after all, we are planning for our own loved ones.  We are willing to plan, prep and execute in order to preserve our families.  Getting as far away from danger is high on my list of preps.
we all have stories of family, friends and like minded people, not taking this very serious.  Like Erv said, and I'm paraphrasing, they are not stockpiling food and gear.  But they know we have gathered, collected and have stored goods and gear. 
As parents we have had our hearts broken by the tears of our children.  We can get through this.  This has been my time to come to grips with the emotional toll this is going to take.
Thanks all.
Mark

errrv

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »
Yes Mark. When it really comes down to it, I will help whoever needs it. They might not get the good stuff, and I may only feed them once, but I am human. My days of destroying people "just because" someone orders me to do it are over. I enter this phase of my life cautiously, I will try not to make rash decisions. Everybody deserves to survive, at least until they try to hurt my kids or anyone else for that matter. I would almost give out my bugout location to everybody & say meet me there. Probably a bad idea though! :)
Erv