Author Topic: If you help one person be aware of the need to prepare...  (Read 5414 times)

Schi-502

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
Re: If you help one person be aware of the need to prepare...
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 07:31:13 PM »
Oh yeah, bad idea.

:o

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 09:16:28 PM »
My daughter and I were just discussing this yesterday.  We have informed our extended family about the coming events but many have rejected the message and are not prepping.  Now we realize that they all know where we are going to try to ride out the shift, and that we have prepped a lot.  So if they are able to make it to our place when things get bad, we will be put in the position where we will need to take them in and try to stretch our supplies to cover many more.  How can any truly service to other person turn away family when something like this happens?  Of course we cannot.  So we are adding supplies as we can and are saying we will have to do the best we can to stretch supplies by rationing, and then trust in God for what happens when we run out.  We have seeds and are hoping we can grow a garden, but as you well know, it could be several years before a garden will produce an adequate amount of food to ensure survival.  So all we can do is the best we can and hope for the best.

Endtimesgal, that is a fine line.  A very fine line.  There are several ways to look at this.  From a purely animalistic survivor perspective, then no, you don't share what you have worked hard to acquire with anyone who is not assisting.  I mean, you rang the bell, sounded the alarm...  And they pretty much gave you the same treatment that Noah got.  Cruel to a point, but still can't be argued against.  At the same time, like you say, can you really turn away your own family?  Maybe this, maybe that, what if this...  If you have faith and that is the road you feel you should take, then it's hard to argue with that either.  I am trying to plan on  behalf for those that won't listen , as best I can.  I was so happy when I got to where we needed to be on cold weather gear, just one aspect of all this, and then I realized I had only planned for two people, my wife and I.  I can't afford to outfit four or five people the same way.  I have conglomerated all of our winter weather gear and now have enough for several people to be comfortable, but they won't all be pretty.  Food?  I'm still working on a year's supply for two... four to five???  Not going to happen...  I could go on but I think I've made my point.  All you can do is all you can do.  I can't sit there and eat a meal I prepped for and look at the rest of my family going hungry either. When it comes to stranger's...  If I get a chance to do something then I will.  But, make no mistake, I will not compromise myself or mine to go out of my way to help a stranger.  Can't.  It sucks but that's they way it is.  I am still holding out hope that none of this comes to pass.  I really am.  I guess at the end of the day it all really comes down to what kind of person you are and how important your beliefs are to you.  Everything happens for a reason.  Peace.  JKB
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 11:46:04 PM »
Yes Mark. When it really comes down to it, I will help whoever needs it. They might not get the good stuff, and I may only feed them once, but I am human. My days of destroying people "just because" someone orders me to do it are over. I enter this phase of my life cautiously, I will try not to make rash decisions. Everybody deserves to survive, at least until they try to hurt my kids or anyone else for that matter. I would almost give out my bugout location to everybody & say meet me there. Probably a bad idea though! :)
Erv

Gee where  is it? (Naah probably not too good of an idea.)  ;D
blessings,
Barb T.