Author Topic: Financial/economic collapse  (Read 114217 times)

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Financial/economic collapse
« on: January 15, 2011, 09:25:52 PM »
As well as Planet X's effects and increasing environmental damage, we now have imminent collapse of major financial institutions.

See  "THE MADNESS OF A LOST SOCIETY 2 : FINAL WARNINGS" on Yutube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRvjufH29vE&feature=player_embedded
and "  Behold The Storm and All The Mad People"  at http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_globalbanking126.htm

[start quote]
 Conclusion:

“Sooner or later all this dishonesty will terminate in collapsing living standards, loss of public services, growing civil disorder, and political crisis. You can get there via deflation (no money) or via inflation (plenty of worthless money) but the destination is the same.

I don’t see how America fails to begin arriving at that destination before Halloween 2011. Europe may get there by springtime, anyway, dragging the rest of the developed world into a vortex,” writes James Howard Kunstler.
[end quote]

Bill

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: Financial/economic collapse
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 04:35:07 AM »
Good post Jim, as we begin to collapse I'm sure at some point Marshall law will occur, one must wonder how much of our belongings will they confiscate? Will they want to take our food, both stored and our gardens right before they are harvested, those resisting may be shot. This has happened before on this planet I'm sure it will happen again. It will be sooner then we would like.  I think better hiding of the stored goods is required!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 06:50:12 AM »
This is also part of  "what they say" basically that the economy is recovering, that if we do further stimulus and continue along the path we are on our economy WILL  fully recover. It will not be easy and it could take 20 years for the economy to fully recover as far as employment etc. There was a recession which began in 2007 and which ended in June 2009. We are in an expansion. Note: This is all calculated without any manjor earth changes invoolved, not factored in, Yowbarb

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110114-712007.html   2 ½ yr high Dow Jones

GDP: JANUARY 14, 2011, 9:53 A.M. ET
Bank Economists Raise US GDP 2011 Forecast To 3.3% From 3%

CAMBRIDGE September 20, 2010 - The Business Cycle Dating Committee of the National Bureau of Economic Research met yesterday by conference call. At its meeting, the committee determined that a trough in business activity occurred in the U.S. economy in June 2009. The trough marks the end of the recession that began in December 2007 and the beginning of an expansion. The recession lasted 18 months, which makes it the longest of any recession since World War II. Previously the longest postwar recessions were those of 1973-75 and 1981-82, both of which lasted 16 months.
In determining that a trough occurred in June 2009, the committee did not conclude that economic conditions since that month have been favorable or that the economy has returned to operating at normal capacity. Rather, the committee determined only that the recession ended and a recovery began in that month.
 http://optimizeinc.net/icblog/tag/global-gnp/

January 4th, 2011

Many business owners are asking, just what should I expect in 2011 and beyond in terms of growth and demand?  Recent 2011 forecasts from Kiplinger’s include:

*        GDP Growth 2.8%
*        Unemployment Ending 2010 at 9.5% and slightly lower in 2011
*        Prime Rate 3.25%
*        10 Year T-notes 3% by late 2011
*        Inflation of 1.5%
*        Crude Oil $75-%80 barrel in early 2011

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 07:01:29 AM »
This commentator says he is optomistic, much could still go wrong but all indicators are for modest growth (not catastrophe.) As I said in previous post the earth changes ar a wild card in all this and these are the things which could actually collapse everything... Yowbarb

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opinion/20110102_Look_for_economy_to_gain_traction_in_new_year.html

The Philadelphia Enquirer
OPINION  Posted on Sun, Jan. 2, 2011

Look for economy to gain traction in new year

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opinion/20110102_Look_for_economy_to_gain_traction_in_new_year.html#ixzz1BD6lPrrO [/size]

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 07:46:07 PM »
"if we do further stimulus and continue along the path we are on our economy WILL  fully recover."
Those people are part of the problem.

See http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/PPSIM110/PR .
It is long, detailed, and professional.  The opening scene says "WARNING:     THE FOLLOWING PRESENTATION IS
CONTROVERSIAL AND MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME AUDIENCES.  Viewer discretion is advised ... you may know of our firm because of the work we did over the last several years - helping investors avoid the big disasters associated with Wall Street's collapse   LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This work is based on SEC filings, current events, interviews, corporate press releases, and what we've learned as financial journalists. It may contain errors and you shouldn't make any investment decision based solely on what you read here. It's your money and your responsibility. Stansberry & Associates Investment Research expressly forbids its writers from having a financial interest in any security they recommend to our subscribers. And all Stansberry & Associates Investment Research (and affiliated companies), employees, and agents must wait 24 hours after an initial trade recommendation is published on the Internet, or 72 hours after a direct mail publication is sent, before acting on that recommendation. Stansberry & Associates Investment Research, LLC. 1217 Saint Paul Street, Baltimore MD 21202"

From a comment in another forum: "The video is narrated by Porter Stansberry of Stanberry & Associates. This is a research firm that predicted the fall of the stock market in 2008 and called out who the players were who were responsible for creating this downfall. What he has to say is shocking ... Because it is part of all the things we need to be aware of, and I feel I wouldn't have done my job if I didn't present this information, I am posting it here for you. ... Tags: Bank, Closures, Collapse, Debt, Devaluating, Dollar, Economic, Financial, Gold, Law"

augonit

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 06:59:27 AM »
I think we are in another depression, but this is worse than the one in the '30's.  The government never likes to use that word, so that's why we don't hear them saying it.  I think it is much, much worse than anyone realizes and we'll be in this for a long time.

I also worry that within a few months, the dollar will collapse and will be worthless.  That's really when TSHTF.  I'm not surprised that someone said in an earlier post that it'll be this fall.  I also worry, and have posted various times about my worry that the government will come in and take over whatever they want of your's.

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 07:24:30 AM »
From  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41188877/ns/business-the_new_york_times/?GT1=43001/

[start excerpt]
Plans being drawn up to let states declare bankruptcy
Pensioners and investors in state bonds could lose out

Policy makers are working behind the scenes to come up with a way to let states declare bankruptcy and get out from under crushing debts, including the pensions they have promised to retired public workers.

Unlike cities, the states are barred from seeking protection in federal bankruptcy court. Any effort to change that status would have to clear high constitutional hurdles because the states are considered sovereign.

But proponents say some states are so burdened that the only feasible way out may be bankruptcy, giving Illinois, for example, the opportunity to do what General Motors did with the federal government’s aid.

Beyond their short-term budget gaps, some states have deep structural problems, like insolvent pension funds, that are diverting money from essential public services like education and health care.

Some members of Congress fear that it is just a matter of time before a state seeks a bailout, say bankruptcy lawyers who have been consulted by Congressional aides.

Related content
         1. Texas lawmakers faced with $15 billion shortfall
         2. Brown seeks 5-year extension of California taxes
         3. Illinois is broke, and can’t pay its bills
         4. Surge in bankruptcies shows signs of slowing

Bankruptcy could permit a state to alter its contractual promises to retirees, which are often protected by state constitutions, and it could provide an alternative to a no-strings bailout.

Along with retirees, however, investors in a state’s bonds could suffer, possibly ending up at the back of the line as unsecured creditors.
[end excerpt]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:19:07 AM by BajaSusan »

noproblemo2

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 08:22:16 AM »
Alarming to say the least. Goes in line with other articles I have been reading on the net.

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 08:54:28 AM »
http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/PPSIM110/PR
It is long, detailed, and professional.  The opening scene says "WARNING:     THE FOLLOWING PRESENTATION IS
CONTROVERSIAL AND MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME AUDIENCES.
This was VERY good. Although I never got over the feeling that it was an advertisement of sorts. :)
It was Scary to say the least.
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 03:21:48 PM »
The opposite viewpoint presented in the Chicago Tribune, just about everything in the US economy is improving all indicators are go with the exception of the housing market. Unemployment is still high but there were many thousands less of unemployed people. The statistic: Unemployment is DOWN 2%.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/sns-ap-us-economic-data-glance,0,4071759,print.story

If we have a global catastrophe, this will be a moot point, but it appears to me the economy is recovering
GM just made a 900 million dollar deal with China and this means jobs for US citizens. Obama pulled off a multi billion dollar export deal with China just the other day. OUR products. I know this. I was paying attention. Obama's deal helped being in the GM deal. - Yowbarb
=====================================================
www.chicagotribune.com/business/sns-ap-us-economic-data-glance,0,170571.story

chicagotribune.com

Economic indicators show stocks, jobs, profits up in past year; housing still in a slump
The Associated Press

3:35 PM CST, January 26, 2011

Here's a snapshot of some major economic indicators, comparing how they look today with where they stood when President Obama gave his January 2010 State of the Union address.

— Dow Jones industrial average

The Dow has been on a tear for months, surging up more than 19 percent since September alone. Last spring was a bit of a roller coaster, but since President Obama's 2010 State of the Union address, the market index is up 17 percent.

January 27, 2010: 10,236

Most Recent: 11,985

% Difference: 17

Record High: 14,164 (Oct. 9, 2007)

Meltdown Bottom: 6,547 (March 9, 2009-lowest since 1997)

— Personal Net Worth

The value of assets such as homes and stocks, minus debts like mortgages and credit cards.

Most Recent: $55 trillion (third quarter 2010)

1Q 2009: $49 trillion (recession bottom)

Pre-recession peak: $66 trillion

— Number of Unemployed Workers

The recession that began before Obama took office erased 7.3 million jobs. Last year 1.1 million were created and that's expected to double this year. Still, an unemployment rate of 9.4 percent as the president delivered his address is down only slightly from the 9.7 he faced a year ago.

January 2010: 14.8 million

Most Recent: 14.5 million (December 2010)

% Difference: -2
— Home Sales/Prices

The collapse of the housing market helped plunge the nation into recession and the prolonged weakness continues to pull on momentum developing in other sectors. The Census Bureau and the Department of Housing and Urban Development measure sales and home prices monthly at www.census.gov/newhomesales .

— New Homes Sold Annual Rate

January 2010: 349,000

Most Recent: 329,000 (December 2010)

% Difference: -5

— Average New Home Price

January 2010: $283,400

Most Recent: $291,400 (December 2010)

% Difference: 2.8

— Consumer Confidence

For the economy to significantly get better consumers have to believe their financial situation is stable and they can spend again. Based on a sample of 5,000 households, the confidence index measures outlook toward the labor market and the economy in general. It's at its highest level now since last May.

January 2010: 55.9

Most Recent: 60.6 (January 2011)

% Difference: 8.4

— Corporate Profits

In past recessions significant job growth came six months to a year after corporate profits improved. The Bureau of Economic Analysis measure of profits is improving. They're up more than 5 percent from the first quarter to the third quarter.

January 2010: $1.56 trillion

Most Recent: $1.64 trillion (3rd quarter 2010)

% Difference: 5.1

Sources: Bureau of Economic Statistics, Bureau of Labor Statistics, The Conference Board, U.S. Census Bureau, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Federal Reserve

___

Online:

www.census.gov/newhomesales
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:29:58 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »
Alarming to say the least. Goes in line with other articles I have been reading on the net.

The recession that began before Obama took office erased 7.3 million jobs. Last year 1.1 million were created and that's expected to double this year. This is from the Chicago Tribune a couple of days ago. http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/sns-ap-us-economic-data-glance,0,4071759,print.story

I'm not saying anyone is wrong for believing the whole bottom will fall out. I am saying IMHO: The actual data is not supporting this.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:03:10 PM by Yowbarb »

noproblemo2

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 03:26:49 PM »
I personally do not believe TPTB will ever tell us they are failing/have failed. They know it would create mass chaos so they continue to put out these rose colored words/reports to their media to tell us "sheeple".

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 03:32:34 PM »
I personally do not believe TPTB will ever tell us they are failing/have failed. They know it would create mass chaos so they continue to put out these rose colored words/reports to their media to tell us "sheeple".

Well everyone is entitled to believe as they want to.
I have always tried to expose myself to various media. I do not believe everything in the newspapers are lies. I do take a lot of thngs with a grain of salt but that includes sites and videos..
I was watching live when Obama met with China leader there was an in depth news conference. I do not see how a multi billion export deal could be something made up.

noproblemo2

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »
I would far prefer things to be better for sure, but time will tell.

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 04:09:57 PM »
Smoke and Mirrors. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. etc.
Economic Adjustments must come down the pike eventually and when it does it will not be pretty for many people.
In 1970 a new car would have cost around 4000 dollars. A compariable car today is around 21,000 $. A difference of
5.25 times........... so, in 2051, a car will conceivably cost $ 110,250.00...................... and if you finance it for 5 to 7 years;
well, just shoot me.
Considering how just about everything happening in the world is at a lightening pace; it could cost $110,250 within 20 years.

I see that some Economic Indicators are looking very strong but this time around I think it is being propped up. I have no real
data to support that view but the economic situation right now is merely lipstick on a pig.

UNLESS advanced technology is revealed or discovered quickly. Then true economic growth can have a new beach head to build upon.
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.