Author Topic: We are already ahead of the game!!  (Read 2598 times)

rodfergie

• Trusted Member
We are already ahead of the game!!
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:32:59 PM »
I have been a member here for a while, but I am more of a reader/researcher than a poster.

One thing I do see that I want to address is the fear and worry that to some seems to be, well, almost overwhelming.   
We all know something is coming down the pike.  Whether it is Planet X, a polar shift, or whatever, we see the writing on the wall or just feel it in our gut.  We know it's a matter of when not if.

But we do not have to live in fear.  Just by coming here, and to other sites out there, we are beginning to prepare.  We are learning gardening, hunting/trapping, first-aid,  how to make our own shelter's, can our own food, find water, and more.  We know we need this knowledge and we are finding it.
More important is what we also can get here, the community that shows we are not alone, we're not crazy, and we don't need to be afraid.

A lot of us might not live through what's coming; hey, I might not live though the week with the insane drivers in my town.  But, we are already putting ourselves in the survivor's column by just trying to be both physically and mentally prepared. 

Most of the population will not be so lucky.  They cannot take care of themselves without the governments help.  These are also the ones that will argue and fight against even trying for the most basic preparation.  I don't know if it is fear or just stupidity.

All we are trying to do is make the odds more favorable for ourselves and families, and just admitting that you need to, is increasing your chances a hundredfold.  Any steps you take after that just adds to your favor. You can't plan or prepare for everything, and trying too is an effort in futility.  Just do what you can and be ready.

Than all being said,don't be so fearful of what's to come that you don't remember to Live, Love, and Laugh.  Continue to enjoy life right now, tomorrow will get here soon enough. Plan for the future don't be enslaved by it.

God Bless

That's my rant, but I could be wrong.
But I doubt it.
That's my opinion, but I'm probably wrong. :P

noproblemo2

Re: We are already ahead of the game!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »
I could not agree more with you, good post, Thanks.

Carluccio_piattino

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 04:15:23 PM »
Then it makes two, rather, three of us....

Thanks,

Carlos

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 04:16:48 PM »
rodfergie well said!!!

Lori

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »
Rod well said.  God Bless ;)