Author Topic: EBAY AUCTIONS: FOOD, MREs, SUPPLIES  (Read 26275 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
EBAY AUCTIONS: FOOD, MREs, SUPPLIES
« on: February 26, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »
Have bought a few things (not survival supplies yet) on ebay. No problem so far.
Won't be posting specific sellers, just the ideas of the prices a person could get.
I can't guarantee quality but the system weeds out bad sellers after awhile.
In other words it's probably OK.
Just for an example: $20.75  Gas Mask & NBC Filter Finnish Military M61 NEW UNISSUED
High Quality Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Protection!
Store: Mountainman Surplus

Ebay, Listed in category: Collectibles > Militaria > Surplus > Personal, Field Gear > Gas Masks
Also Listed in: Sporting Goods > Outdoor Sports > Camping & Hiking > Survival & Emergency Gear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: EBAY AUCTIONS: FOOD, MREs, SUPPLIES
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »
Just so you'll know 9 out of 10 times when I looked for some survival item on ebay I found it!!
Worth a look.
ebay
- Yowbarb

Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 11:20:36 AM »
I have bought and sold hundreds of items on ebay. Just make sure that what your buying is an item that will do what you want it to. Such as, I still see people buying the old Russian surplus gas masks from decades ago, thinking they have something that will work for current use. These are great for Halloween, but nothing else.
This applies to all items. If you want something, research what you are looking for before making a purchase.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 06:23:14 PM »
I have bought and sold hundreds of items on ebay. Just make sure that what your buying is an item that will do what you want it to. Such as, I still see people buying the old Russian surplus gas masks from decades ago, thinking they have something that will work for current use. These are great for Halloween, but nothing else.
This applies to all items. If you want something, research what you are looking for before making a purchase.

ICON
good advice!
If you like, let us know what top sellers/products you have found.
Yowbarb

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 09:39:26 AM »
I can jump in here, if you don't mind. I have found severel good first aid kits for reasonable prices. And when you get them, you can add more stuff on your own. They are at least 50 to 60 dollars and up. I have also bought "water straw" filtration devices(good for excursions". These are abour $10 if you look. Military clothing is very durable(BDU's) and has many useable pockets. Sometimes, military sites such as Sgt Grit are good for this. I purchased my generator off ebay. Good price- good generator. Be picky and don't buy from the 1st seller that you find.

Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »
Actually I don't have any favorite sellers, I just think about what I need and look for it.
I generally go with the best price, from the sellers that have the best feedback.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 11:06:33 PM »
Actually I don't have any favorite sellers, I just think about what I need and look for it.
I generally go with the best price, from the sellers that have the best feedback.

Well that sounds logical - and the sellers stats are posted there anyway..
Yowbarb

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 02:58:59 PM »
That's how I do it too Icon.

Linda
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 09:02:21 PM »
I haven't bought too much on there but so far so good I check sellers stats.

noproblemo2

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 03:40:22 PM »
I've been buying a lot of candles off ebay lately and have found some really good deals on them. May very well come in handy soon.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:20 AM »
Candle stock up on ebay. Now that is a good idea.  8)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 09:29:35 AM »
Another example of what a person could find on ebay: A 40 foot shipping container, sold in Atlanta, Georgia.

A person could buy this, hook up some light ventilation power and etc. reinforce the ends and sides and top, and bury it or half bury it in their yard. If no money for land and cannot move, in the yard. This would be a start on a survival shelter. It may not be ultimate ideal but it should hold up to a lot. Something is better than nothing.
A person could grab that, and after the wiring and vents and so on, put a layer of concrete on top etc. Possible use for a shelter or storage. Or animal shelter.
If it is in an area that could flood it could be set up into a reinforced concrete structure as mentioned in other topics. It could be set up above ground. If there is a big code problem maybe it could be set down or if it is put up - disguised all around with trees. The process of it being delivered, workmen cementing and all - unless the neighbors are total narcs, building inspection does not have to know-  and it all does not have to take too long to set it,   
Yowbarb
' used HC Shipping Storage Container Atlanta, GA
9'6" high used high cube container export conex seabox 

Item condition: Used

Price: US $1,800.00
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:44:54 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 09:42:13 AM »
I've been buying a lot of candles off ebay lately and have found some really good deals on them. May very well come in handy soon.

BTW noproblemo2 have you seen natural candles, good deal on ebay?
I am not always so icky picky but for large scale use it would be good to have non toxic non perfumed etc. but candles and matches and all will be a good idea, regardless.
Yowbarb

noproblemo2

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 12:01:58 PM »
Sorry Yowbarb, I have not noticed them, however that is due to my epi girl so I get the Lavendar scented ones as they have a calming effect on her..

svisioner

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 09:07:28 AM »

Ebay can be great if you don't have a army surplus store in your area.

I have bought lots of stuff on ebay and have always paid with PayPal.

If you buy with PayPal if there is a problem they get your money back.

Peace

Dan

http://placeofrefuge2012.com