Author Topic: Two by two: A real-life Noah’s Ark  (Read 2873 times)

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
Two by two: A real-life Noah’s Ark
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:43:59 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110622/od_yblog_upshot/two-by-two-a-real-life-noahs-ark
By Mike Krumboltz  Wed Jun 22, 6:17 pm ET

An hour outside of Amsterdam in Dordrecht, Netherlands, a ship is under construction. But this ain't your typical sailboat, bub. Johan Huibers is building a full-scale replica of Noah's ark.

Yes, that Noah's ark. And Johan, an expert builder, isn't skimping on the details. The ship, which he's been constructing for the past three years, is built to biblical specs. Johan culled information on the ark's size and shape directly from the good book. In the end, the ship is four stories high and the length of a football field. And yes, it's seaworthy.

The result is an incredibly impressive ship, especially considering it was realized simply by a man with a dream--or, perhaps, a nightmare. According to an interview with NBC's "The Today Show," Johan dreamt that Holland suffered a great flood. The next morning, he woke up determined to start preparing for that worst-case scenario.

The ship, which is not to be confused with the theme park in Kentucky that also honors Noah's ark, is generating a lot of interest in the search box. Over the past 24 hours, online lookups for "noah's ark photos" and "noah's ark real ship" have surged.

As for the craft proper, it's not complete yet, but it's getting close. The master plan is to sail the ship up the Thames in time for the London Olympics next year. Expect to see plenty of life-size plastic animals aboard (two of each type, of course).

You can check out the video below for an inside look.

8hertz

noproblemo2

Re: Two by two: A real-life Noah’s Ark
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
Now that's a ship !!!! Thanks 8hertz for posting this.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:02:07 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110622/od_yblog_upshot/two-by-two-a-real-life-noahs-ark

An hour outside of Amsterdam in Dordrecht, Netherlands, a ship is under construction. But this ain't your typical sailboat, bub. Johan Huibers is building a full-scale replica of Noah's ark.

Yes, that Noah's ark. And Johan, an expert builder, isn't skimping on the details. The ship, which he's been constructing for the past three years, is built to biblical specs. Johan culled information on the ark's size and shape directly from the good book. In the end, the ship is four stories high and the length of a football field. And yes, it's seaworthy.

The result is an incredibly impressive ship, especially considering it was realized simply by a man with a dream--or, perhaps, a nightmare. According to an interview with NBC's "The Today Show," Johan dreamt that Holland suffered a great flood. The next morning, he woke up determined to start preparing for that worst-case scenario.

The ship, which is not to be confused with the theme park in Kentucky that also honors Noah's ark, is generating a lot of interest in the search box. Over the past 24 hours, online lookups for "noah's ark photos" and "noah's ark real ship" have surged.

As for the craft proper, it's not complete yet, but it's getting close. The master plan is to sail the ship up the Thames in time for the London Olympics next year. Expect to see plenty of life-size plastic animals aboard (two of each type, of course).

8hertz

Yes, amazing isn't it? I had posted about this Netherlands ark in the "Old" Town Hall.
Here is another place for Arks. This is my Topic, found in Joe Montanna's Board,  »
Learning from Ancient Cataclysms

http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=605.0

NOAH's AND OTHERS' ANCIENT ARKS
Started by Yowbarb

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:03:31 AM »
Yes, amazing isn't it? I had posted about this Netherlands ark in the "Old" Town Hall.
Here is another place for Arks. This is my Topic, found in Joe Montanna's Board,  »

Started by Yowbarb

Sorry, for the duplicate post, but there just too many threads and I can't read them all at once. In all our goal is same, just to inform one another. Time is drawing near, I hope everyone is ready or is close to being.

8hertz

noproblemo2

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:24:45 AM »
8hertz, it is difficult to sort thru the many posts we have here likely due to our large member base that is growing very rapidly
with new awakenings, that is a good thing. Better to have it posted can always be moved/merged later.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »

Started by Yowbarb

Sorry, for the duplicate post, but there just too many threads and I can't read them all at once. In all our goal is same, just to inform one another. Time is drawing near, I hope everyone is ready or is close to being.

8hertz
Oh, no it's not actually a duplicate.  ;D What I posted about this Netherlands Ark was over a year ago in "Old" Town Hall and no longer viewable.
I started the topic up here in new T.H.  but OK for this Topic to be here, too,
YB

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 04:00:04 PM »

8hertz

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/Photos-Man-launches-life-sized-replica-of-Noahs-Ark-182836551.html

Photos: Man launches life-sized replica of Noah's Ark

By Associated Press   Published: Dec 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM PDT  Last Updated: Dec 10, 2012 at 3:48 PM PDT

PHOTO: Johan Huibers in front of his full scale replica of Noah’s Ark in Dordrecht, Netherlands, Dec. 10, 2012. AP Photo Peter Dejong

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/Photos-Man-launches-life-sized-replica-of-Noahs-Ark-182836551.html