Author Topic: DOOMSDAY PREPARATION: This Topic is no longer just about the TV show.  (Read 20004 times)

Endtimesgal_2012

Re: DOOMSDAY PREPARATION: This Topic is no longer just about the TV show.
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2014, 05:12:43 PM »
Steedy:  I think you are right, he is being harassed for sure.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2014, 05:47:50 AM »
Some corporados proibably want to frack his land, and with the help of the state, they just might get their way.  Disgusting.  Still, I wish Eustice well and hope he prevails against the tyranny.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2014, 06:32:38 AM »
I never thought about the fracking.  There is a lot, and I mean a LOT, of drilling for natural gas in my general area. (WV and OH).  It's almost like every hill has a mud road going up it for drilling.  I think the government will not regulate this as well as they should simply because it's jobs, and it meets a need for now.

It seems like nobody wants to look into any long term side effects of our actions against Earth, if what we do will take care of our needs today.  Nobody thinks about what the results will be years from now.  And that always gets us into trouble.  We already know fracking is dangerous and pumps chemicals into the ground.  It makes no sense to me.

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2017, 01:05:53 PM »
Why now do you suppose??

Facebook launches 'disaster maps' to help communities recover after crises!

http://mashable.com/2017/06/07/facebook-disaster-maps-humanitarian-aid/#BuPlq2TCkOqI

In the wake of a natural disaster, humanitarian organizations have to act quickly in order to save lives. But to understand exactly what type of aid is needed, and where, they often need to rely on helicopters flying over disaster zones or teams going in on the ground—actions that are both resource-intensive and dangerous.

Facebook wants to help make the entire process more efficient by offering that bird's eye view from the start. The company announced Wednesday that it's launching a new product called "disaster maps," using aggregated, anonymized Facebook data in disaster areas to deliver crucial information to aid organizations during and after crises.

The goal, according to Facebook's public policy manager Molly Jackman, is to "paint a more complete picture" of where affected communities are located, what resources are needed, and where people are moving to get out of harm's way.

"We saw people coming to Facebook during disasters to share with friends and family, and thought the trends and how people were sharing on the platform could actually help fill that critical information gap that humanitarian organizations were facing," Jackman said. "That way, they [could have] the information they need to respond more quickly and effectively to natural disasters."

Facebook is currently beta testing the product with three organizations: the World Food Programme, UNICEF, and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).

Through disaster maps, Jackman and her team of researchers are currently sharing three types of information with these organizations. The first taps into Facebook's widely recognized social good product, Safety Check, offering information on where people are checking in safe. This shows how people are using the platform in a disaster.

One of the biggest things Jackman realized was that sending granular, individual-level data wasn't helpful. The organizations wanted higher-level trends over time such as neighborhood-focused data sent every 90 minutes or so. (Why??)

"I'm on the privacy team, so this is something I take really, really seriously," Jackman said.
:P

Max.

Max.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)