Author Topic: European Meetings  (Read 3083 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
European Meetings
« on: November 17, 2009, 08:45:30 AM »
This is a place for European Members to post to one another, discuss future survival areas, exchange ideas
and information. This is your Meeting place.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Aijalon

• Members
Re: European Meetings
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 11:20:17 AM »
Greetings from Northern Italy! :D

Archangel

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 03:11:07 PM »
Greetings back too you and welcome to the forum!  :D

Aijalon

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 08:42:27 AM »
Oh, I've been around for quite a while (on the old Townhall), Archangel.  :P

Much obliged for the welcome, anywho! :-*

ALP

Archangel

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 09:48:54 AM »
Sorry ALP.  ;D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »
Hi All
Glad to see some posts here!
Yowbarb

Equiano

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 02:01:29 PM »
Ok all in Europe.....2 words. Czech Republic. More to come. In the meantime....investigate reasons why Czech Republic is a good location.....for there are MANY... Start with average elevation....absence of tectonic activity.....go via a Govt that still believes in Liberty and conclude with dirt cheap land prices (avoid flood plains adjacent to the rivers...SERIOUSLY these area's are prone to flooding) and a mild climate... I am off as soon as possible. All are welcome. I'll see you all there...

Namaste..

Peace.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 11:06:02 AM »
Ok all in Europe.....2 words. Czech Republic. More to come. In the meantime....investigate reasons why Czech Republic is a good location.....for there are MANY... Start with average elevation....absence of tectonic activity.....go via a Govt that still believes in Liberty and conclude with dirt cheap land prices (avoid flood plains adjacent to the rivers...SERIOUSLY these area's are prone to flooding) and a mild climate... I am off as soon as possible. All are welcome. I'll see you all there...

Namaste..

Peace.

Equiano -this is a fascinating post! Are you actually going to get land?
Let us know how it goes. Good Luck,
- Yowbarb in the US.

Equiano

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 11:59:47 AM »
I am exploring the possibility of being there by the end of 2010 if not sooner. For information purposes I have included a couple of flood maps of Europe and Czech Republic. Red indicates submerged land and green indicates dry land. this map is based on sea level rise/ inundation of 200m. Czech Republic is obviously well inland and has an average very high elevation, but the advise that I work to is to try to situate oneself above 200M above sea level.

Czech Republic, European view

Equiano

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 12:01:58 PM »
Czech Republic national view

Equiano

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
Czech Republic National view and borders

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 07:48:11 AM »

I am exploring the possibility of being there by the end of 2010 if not sooner. For information purposes I have included a couple of flood maps of Europe and Czech Republic. Red indicates submerged land and green indicates dry land. this map is based on sea level rise/ inundation of 200m. Czech Republic is obviously well inland and has an average very high elevation, but the advise that I work to is to try to situate oneself above 200M above sea level.

Czech Republic, European view

Equiano thanks for posting this info. I haven't looked into it in depth yet but I hope the European Members will consider
this area and all the info you put here. I have people in Vienna, the UK and Netherlands -this may be the safe zone region we will be needing to focus on ...
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:37:18 AM by Yowbarb »

Tanya

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 04:10:01 AM »
Hi Equiano,
I'm considering moving (back) to Europe, and I concluded the Czech republic is the best place to be. Surprised to see your post! My problem is: I don't speak the language ;-) Do you? Were do you live now? Can I contact you?
Bye,
Tanya

mjoy

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 10:18:55 AM »
Hi, everyone!
Well, according to those maps, I am going to have to learn to swim!  I am in north Germany, east of Hanover.  Although I have decided to stay put where I am, in the past I had been considering moving to Freiburg, and now I know why.  But I am over 110 meter above sea level.  Where did these maps come from, Equiano?  Are they from the Internet, or is it some kind of software?  What is the source?
Thank you for the information, Equiano!  And good luck with the learning a new language.  I am not so talented and it took me forever to speak and understand German!
Bye for now,
Mary

Tanya

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
Hi Mary,
I looked for the site:
http://archive.cyark.org
Tanya