Author Topic: European Meetings  (Read 2783 times)

mjoy

• Members
Re: European Meetings
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 08:13:21 AM »
Thank you, Tanya!  Why do the maps put down the rise in sea level as "possible", which goes up to 80m and "impossible",which goes over 100m? 
Bye for now,
Mary

Equiano

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 10:20:48 AM »
Hi Tania, it looks like Mary got there before me, I was going to provide a link to the site. As you probably have now figured out it is an environmental hazards on-line tool for assessing Earthquake and flood risk hazards. In answer to your questions, I don't speak the language and I am currently in London England. This presents an obstacle but the cost of land in 'safe' areas is so cheap that it absolutely cannot be overlooked when compared to the rest of Western Europe. CZ is a great prospect! Feel free to contact me via personal messages via my profile, it sounds like it would be good for us to talk.

Hi Mary, re the definitions of 'impossible'. Keep in mind that this website is a serious mainstream science/hazards tool.....so when they say 'impossible' the reference is to any amount of sea level rise that exceeds the amount of water currently locked up in a frozen state, and not floating in the sea...so read as land locked glaciers and Antarctica. The estimate for  sea level rise caused by all of this ice suddenly being added to the sea as liquid water equals about a 90-100m rise in current sea levels....hence anything beyond 100m is defined as an 'impossible' event by mainstream science....the same people who are telling you that there is no Brown dwarf/PX....infer from that what you will.... The levels beyond 100m are useful to us here as a tool because it clearly demonstrates geographical regions that would be impacted by the potential inundations caused either by PX or Pole shift or both....that are speculated/have the potential to reach inland as much as 100miles and to a height of up to 200m (often debated!). For this reason I base all of my planning on being 200m + above current sea levels, well inland and away from known fault lines or areas with the potential for violent earth movements...

Nice to meet you both, I hope the website and the contained information can be of use to all in the townhall.
Namaste!
EQ.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:02:32 AM by Equiano »

mjoy

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 03:12:59 AM »
Hi!  I have some questions for Equiano:  Are you going to build an underground Bunker/House in CZ?  What kind of building regulations do they have there?  I would like to build either a dome home or a "cave" or underground home/bunker, but in Germany, I would not be allowed.  What are your plans?
Thanks,
Bye for now,
Mary

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 07:08:48 AM »
Hi!  I have some questions for Equiano:  Are you going to build an underground Bunker/House in CZ?  What kind of building regulations do they have there?  I would like to build either a dome home or a "cave" or underground home/bunker, but in Germany, I would not be allowed.  What are your plans?
Thanks,
Bye for now,
Mary

Mjoy, is that really true you could not build an underground shelter in Germany?
What about domes - why not?  If that is true that's a sad situation,
Yowbarb

mjoy

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 01:56:07 PM »
It is beyond ridiculous here, Barb.  You have to have what is called here "permission" to build a shed from the building dept. of the state.  My neighbor built an overhang, out in the field, for his horses.  There were no trees in the field.  But, oops, he "forgot" to apply for permission to build an overhang, and he got slapped with a fine, and he had to tear it down!  And he made it without a foundation, just a little place for the horses to get out of the sun, and into some shade.  And when we built our house, we had to jump through all sorts of insane hoops:  the pitch of the roof had to match other roofs nearby; the house could not have more than 165 quadrat meter altogether;  the house could not be made of anything on the outside except brick, because the other houses were not containing any wood;  and lastly the height of the basement ceiling had to be only so high and not higher, because basements are not to be used to live in but only for space storage.   I wanted to build a dome house, and because the Germans had no idea as to WHAT that was, nor did anyone have such a house as this-therefore it did not fit in- it was not allowed.  I have not given up, but this place is bizarre with its rules and regulations. 
Bye for now,
Mary

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
Mjoy, that surprises me. I know the Germans, the Dutch and the Scandinavians are ahead in some technologies. Like using ozone instead of chlorine to purify the water... have read other things. Transportation, etc.
I know the State is strong there but I would have thought common sense would prevail especially on
farms and ranches.
That is sad.
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 03:57:09 PM »
Also the dome has been pretty famous for a long time, decades. I would expect to see lots and lots of
them in Europe. Oh well,
Yowbarb

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 04:02:55 PM »
I'm not too surprised about the regulations, we are facing the same thing here, it just depends on the zoning laws in the area you live in. You have to have permits to build even on your own property, and outside structures are regulated depending on your areas zoning laws. The cities and townships want you to have permits for anything that changes the structure of your house inside and out. I can't imagine how it is to build from scratch.

Such fun, you really don't own your property, they just let you think you do so you can pay taxes on it.

Linda :) :)
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

mjoy

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 03:27:00 AM »
I saw a photo of a beeeautifulllllll dome house in Poland!  That made me feel momentarily frustrated, as Poland is our next door neighbor, so to speak :'(  How come the polish are so much more enlightened than those highbrow Germans?! (I am only talking about the bureaucracy, not the everyday person.  In fact, I love the Germans as a people. I have lived here long enough to know a few.)
Well, all I know is that we were told, by the authorities, that all houses have to fit in with the others. I will have to check out other cities.  For example, when talking about a "Green" city, which uses alternative energy souces and is known for its progressive ideas, it is the city of Freiburg, which means "Free" Burg.  Cool, huh?  I have not checked out whether that city would allow a dome house.  I will have to check it out.  And according to that map up there, it is in the so-called "safe" zone.  But in this day and age, they do get serious Summer storms there.  I was in one last year. Gulp.  Anyway, like I said, I am not giving up yet!
Bye for now,
Mary

Equiano

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 03:39:15 AM »
Thanks,
Bye for now,
Mary

Hi Mary, I do empathise....zoning regs can be a curse...as far as I am aware the type of land I am interested in CZ , with the type of development I have in mind generally should not fall foul of CZ zoning regs. Indeed the CZ govt seem to be quite keen on developing undeveloped land. My idea is to develop an area that is remote and entirely off grid....in every way. Self sufficient power,food, water, sewerage etc.....whilst not reverting to living in a hole in the ground. For living accommodation I strongly favour earth sheltered designs...For riding out the storm/events, Yowbarb actually turned me onto the concept of large sewage pipe sections that are 12ft in diameter. Connected together, a very strong, very modular semi buried and comfortable shelter could be created. This would include being underneath several feet of concrete/earth....the best part is that these designs when created in a fairly remote context would both discreet, relatively affordable(compared with constructing a bunker), comfortable and efficient.

On this topic, Yowbarb I'm struggling to find suppliers of these sectional sewage pipes...I know that they exist....but this being Britain they tend to advertise their products only to industry buyers, so any info you can provide re prices, suppliers etc would be very useful...even if it is in an American context. Even information for the jargon the industry uses to describe these things would be great! Thanks!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 02:20:37 PM »
I'm not too surprised about the regulations, we are facing the same thing here, it just depends on the zoning laws in the area you live in. You have to have permits to build even on your own property, and outside structures are regulated depending on your areas zoning laws. The cities and townships want you to have permits for anything that changes the structure of your house inside and out. I can't imagine how it is to build from scratch.

Such fun, you really don't own your property, they just let you think you do so you can pay taxes on it.

Linda :) :)

Oh that is bad. As long as a building holds up and is code what is the problem.
especially on rural land. Good Grief.
Yowbarb

Tanya

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 04:24:54 AM »
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies. Equiano, for some reason I cannot find the members list anymore, so I don

mjoy

• Members
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 01:34:48 PM »
Hey, Tanya,
Where are you in S. America?  If I were you, I would stay put!  That is, I would stay in the south.  Do you know about Project Camelot?  Just google it.  Or, go to YouTube and search for Project Camelot's interview with George Green.  He is in the know, and he says that all the Elite are moving south, like south of the equator.  He explains why. But, if the elite are moving there to the south, you can bet they have their reasons.  And, anywhere you go on the globe will have political corruption.  Name me, please ONE country that has honest politicians??
It is all a game to fool us, the "proletarians".  But, follow Mr. Marshalls advice and get out of the city.  I am originally from NYC, and if a nerd like me can learn to garden, and can foods, so can you! 
Bye for now,
Mary

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 10:15:55 AM »
Tanya, PS I posted to you here just now, Peace,

http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=869.0
Yowbarb
Re: Latin American Members: Another Meeting Place 
(This Topic is for people who do not speak Spanish or Portuguese as their first language.)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 08:57:26 AM »
Members in Europe please post here in this Topic.
Please post in your main language, if you prefer.
Thank You,
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:42:16 AM by Yowbarb »