Author Topic: NASA/telescopes/space exploration news on mainstream media  (Read 5563 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
NASA/telescopes/space exploration news on mainstream media
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:05:34 PM »
Right now on CNN Channel 100 all about what NASA is doing (supposedly) and the plans for more space exploration. 0200 AM EDT

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: NASA/telescopes/space exploration news on mainstream media
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:39:13 AM »
This topic might be a better place to put this.  Has anybody seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUzshCohtbw

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:09:39 PM »
This topic might be a better place to put this.  Has anybody seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUzshCohtbw

Montanabarb...
I'm almost afraid to ask does anyone know what became of this object?
YB

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:21:16 PM »
As far as I know, it's still on its way.  This could be the one the Russians claim is under "intelligent control." (in a message to the Pope.) I'll search for all that if you wish

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:49 AM »
Wow, big CNN news story at http://newspulse.cnn.com/ about the discovery of 16 "super earths" found outside of our solar system.  They were also talking about the satellite(?) that is about to crash to earth though I couldn't find the link for that.  It was a rather detailed report, and they said you do have a better chance of getting hit by it than you would of winning the lottery????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will continue to look for more info on that.

noproblemo2

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 09:52:15 AM »
Wow, big CNN news story at http://newspulse.cnn.com/ about the discovery of 16 "super earths" found outside of our solar system.  They were also talking about the satellite(?) that is about to crash to earth though I couldn't find the link for that.  It was a rather detailed report, and they said you do have a better chance of getting hit by it than you would of winning the lottery????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will continue to look for more info on that.
Hmmmmmm
HD 85512 b, and scientists say it's about 3.6 times the mass of the Earth. This planet is about 35 light years from Earth

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »
Sorry, searched and searched the cnn website, couldn't find anything more about the incoming space debris/junk, guess that's not that important???????????????Everybody keep a "heads up" I guess....They hadn't narrowed it down real good as far as where it would hit.

noproblemo2

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 10:10:40 AM »
CNN ran the story about a half hour ago

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 10:26:14 AM »
Sorry, I should have listed the time, it was just a few minutes before my original post.

Willsorr75

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 11:52:05 AM »
wow, do they say where it will be coming down. Hopefully in the ocean, or some where not populated. I wonder if we'll be able to see it in the sky.
Stay informed, information is our first line of defense!
-Will

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
wow, do they say where it will be coming down. Hopefully in the ocean, or some where not populated. I wonder if we'll be able to see it in the sky.

Sorry, I only caught a portion of the audio on the report.  I tend to keep CNN on all day when I'm home, but usually on mute.  If I see something of interest, I unmute.  Hence, my unfortunately incomplete post.  There was some information on this incoming object in another thread, but I couldn't locate it when I went to post my info, and this one seemed the most appropriate.  The original information I believe, and someone please correct me if I'm way off, was that it could span a very, very large area of earth north and south of the equator.  They seem to be handling this very nonchalantly in my opinion.  Like, Hey watch out above, incoming space debris, sorry, hope we don't kill too many people or destroy too much property, can't be helped or avoided...gotta love NASA and the news media.

noproblemo2

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »
Yes they are, BUT they are talking about it in their own way.

Sorry, I only caught a portion of the audio on the report.  I tend to keep CNN on all day when I'm home, but usually on mute.  If I see something of interest, I unmute.  Hence, my unfortunately incomplete post.  There was some information on this incoming object in another thread, but I couldn't locate it when I went to post my info, and this one seemed the most appropriate.  The original information I believe, and someone please correct me if I'm way off, was that it could span a very, very large area of earth north and south of the equator.  They seem to be handling this very nonchalantly in my opinion.  Like, Hey watch out above, incoming space debris, sorry, hope we don't kill too many people or destroy too much property, can't be helped or avoided...gotta love NASA and the news media.

angeltoes2000

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »
hmmm - couldn't find info on the satellite coming down, but dish networks lost service to a bunch of customers today due to a "satellite anomoly" ... guess those solar flares are acting up a bit..
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/14/tech/gaming-gadgets/dish-network-outage/index.html?npt=NP1