Author Topic: Sooo, they're preparing too....  (Read 2881 times)

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Sooo, they're preparing too....
« on: August 10, 2011, 10:13:32 PM »
Power companies prepare as solar storms set to hit Earth

Excerpt: (Reuters) - Three large explosions from the Sun over the past few days have prompted U.S. government scientists to caution users of satellite, telecommunications and electric equipment to prepare for possible disruptions over the next few days.

"The magnetic storm that is soon to develop probably will be in the moderate to strong level," said Joseph Kunches, a space weather scientist at the Space Weather Prediction Center, a division of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

He said solar storms this week could affect communications and global positioning system (GPS) satellites and might even produce an aurora visible as far south as Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Full article: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/06/us-utilities-noaa-solarstorms-idUSTRE7746UA20110806

Step up your plans, your preparations! Something's in the midst.....

noproblemo2

Re: Sooo, they're preparing too....
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »
Dania as always, great info you have posted, Thanks......

Willsorr75

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:25:04 AM »
Wow, Great info! Will be interesting to see what happens during the next week.
Stay informed, information is our first line of defense!
-Will

errrv

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »
Those auroras were visible in Colorado!!!
Erv

Craig

• Trusted Member
  • live long and prosper
    • N/A
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:48:05 AM »
i never heard anything here in Austrlalia, Victoria. But then, i DO remember cracking the wobblies with my internet connections. Im on satellite broadband, and i was constantly getting booted for anywhere from 2 mins to an hour, to about 4 or 5 hours was the longest. This happened over a period of about 2 to 4 weeks. I would get in the middle of something, then booted. so annoying lol
May God have mercy on us
live long and prosper