Author Topic: The Peace Makers  (Read 22953 times)

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
Re: The Peace Makers
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2013, 09:18:59 PM »
You know, I looked into moving to Australia a few years ago just to get out of the US and it just seemed too daunting of a task at the time, so congrats and best of luck...

1)  Are your guns registered to you?  I only ask because if they are you will need to do up a bill of sale if you sell them to an individual.  This will cover you in case the person you sell them to uses your gun to commit a crime.  If the authorities track your gun back to you, you will have proof that you no longer own the weapon.

2)  I know you have told me before, but what state do you live in?  I ask because here in Texas pretty much every gun store will buy used guns.

3)  Do you have any friends that would buy them?

4)  Do you live near a military base?  The Marine Corps has a "Craig's List" just for Marines and you can buy/sell all kinds of things there from people who won't screw you over.

5)  Last resort, Craigs List or a gun show.  You will have to get a permit to sell your gun at a gun show but unless you have something crazy, it shouldn't be that big of a deal if you are worried about the Feds the same way I am.

PS:  Send me a PM with what you have and what you want for it.  I'm pretty sure you can't mail a gun through the postal service but you can take your gun to a dealer near you, and they can send it to a dealer near me or one of my friends, and they can pick it up from that dealer.  I know a lot of people (all military) who are always interested in guns and they won't screw you over.

PSS:  There are some gun-nuts in here that may be interested as well.

Hope this helps.  Shoot me a PM...
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2013, 06:50:39 PM »
I'm a gun nut!  ;D

Willsorr75

• Prolific Member
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2013, 11:51:47 AM »
You know, I looked into moving to Australia a few years ago just to get out of the US and it just seemed too daunting of a task at the time, so congrats and best of luck...

1)  Are your guns registered to you?  I only ask because if they are you will need to do up a bill of sale if you sell them to an individual.  This will cover you in case the person you sell them to uses your gun to commit a crime.  If the authorities track your gun back to you, you will have proof that you no longer own the weapon.

2)  I know you have told me before, but what state do you live in?  I ask because here in Texas pretty much every gun store will buy used guns.

3)  Do you have any friends that would buy them?

4)  Do you live near a military base?  The Marine Corps has a "Craig's List" just for Marines and you can buy/sell all kinds of things there from people who won't screw you over.

5)  Last resort, Craigs List or a gun show.  You will have to get a permit to sell your gun at a gun show but unless you have something crazy, it shouldn't be that big of a deal if you are worried about the Feds the same way I am.

PS:  Send me a PM with what you have and what you want for it.  I'm pretty sure you can't mail a gun through the postal service but you can take your gun to a dealer near you, and they can send it to a dealer near me or one of my friends, and they can pick it up from that dealer.  I know a lot of people (all military) who are always interested in guns and they won't screw you over.

PSS:  There are some gun-nuts in here that may be interested as well.

Hope this helps.  Shoot me a PM...

Thanks for you response. I was able to sell the guns. I found a coworker who had been looking to buy used guns. He bought all three of mine which worked out well. I appreciate your information and assistance...

Australia is a must for my family. It will be easier for us because my wife is from there. All her family lives there and any assistance we need they will pitch in to help. We still have about a year before we leave though.
Stay informed, information is our first line of defense!
-Will

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2013, 06:47:04 PM »
Cool.  It helps having a foot in the door.  I am feeling much better now that we are in Texas.  The US is still in major trouble, with or without PX, but Texas can alway succeeed from the Union and has reminded The President of that fact recently...  I don't think there is really any place that is 100% safe from disaster, but brother, it is good to be back in TX.  Good luck my friend and let's stay in touch.

Willsorr75

• Prolific Member
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2013, 05:29:50 AM »
Cool.  It helps having a foot in the door.  I am feeling much better now that we are in Texas.  The US is still in major trouble, with or without PX, but Texas can alway succeeed from the Union and has reminded The President of that fact recently...  I don't think there is really any place that is 100% safe from disaster, but brother, it is good to be back in TX.  Good luck my friend and let's stay in touch.

What do you mean Texas can succeed? This is new to me.
-Will

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »
Oh man, you just opened up a can of worms....

I am going to attach a letter at the end of this post and it is very much worth your time to read, but in short, let me tell you why I love Texas so much....

Texas is the only state that kicked another country's ass by itself, with a little help from some brave men from Tennessee, and won their independence from that country.  March 2nd, 1836.

We are the only state that was once it's own country.

As such, as a condition of joining the union and becoming part of the United States, we reserved a few rights for our state:

1)  We reserve the right to succeed from the union of the United States at any time we choose.

2)  We reserve the right to fly the Texas flag at the same height as the United States flag.

Incidentally, almost every company I talked to about my post-military employment tried to get me to take a job somewhere other than Texas to include the company I now work for.  I just kept saying, "Look, I'm really not trying to be difficult here, but I am just not interested in working anywhere other than in Texas."
I could go on, but this letter says it all...

"What it means to be a Texan,"  by Bum Phillips.

http://www.texfiles.com/lonestarquarterly/beingtexan.htm
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:31:56 AM by JKB »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »
succeed   secede

Willsorr75

• Prolific Member
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »
Thanks JKB, that was a good read. I can see now why you love Texas so much and why in times like this it would be a great place to be...
-Will