Author Topic: Tales, articles of animals saving people  (Read 1289 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Tales, articles of animals saving people
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:41:46 AM »
This Topic about animals saving people will overlap the Bless The Beasts Topic, but it's OK.
This is a place where you can post your personal experiences, or tales you have heard, articles about animals saving people.
My son told me one of his early memories as a toddler. Wes was walking on our land in WA state. Our foundling shelter dog, Jaws followed him everywhere. Wes saw Jaws lunge down into the low bushes right beside him with a fierce growl. He came up with a snake in his mouth, and thrashed it back and forth 'til it was dead. We didn't have poisonous snakes in that area but still my son could have been bit, and it was pretty impressive of Jaws to do that.
Jaws was a "Shepherd cross," which I had told my husband to NOT bring home but he did. We noticed he was unusually intelligent, unruly; but very gentle and loyal to us.
He would open the laundry room door handle with his mouth and run off... no stopping him. Looking back later, we realized he must have been part wolf.

Here's one I saw on  Animal Miracles, one of my favorite TV shows in the mid-1990s.
A man and his son got caught in a blizzard. somehow they got separated. The storm wind and cold was overcoming the father so he stumbled into an empty hunter's cabin and passed out. In the morning he went out to look for his son and other men were looking for him too. The son, about 9 years old, walked slowly up to them and said he had slept in the snow. He told the rescuers four enormous elk had laid down all around him, right next to him. The rescuers felt the young boy had been dreaming - or - perhaps hypothermia was clouding his thinking... the boy took his father to where he had been sleeping there were deep gouges in the snow all around a central point...
It surely looks like the elk shared their body warmth to save the boy.

- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Tales, articles of animals saving people
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 11:54:17 AM »
Regarding #1 below, I feel a cat would be crying in the garage anyway if the place was burning down, so it is debatable if anything unusual happened there, but it is very fortunate that the cat's cries woke the woman.  ;D
I think it was Animal Miracles, a couple stories of cats on top of people's chests when they are sleeping.  ;) Meowing loudly right into their face, scratching their chest and doing whatever it took to wake their people up.
- Yowbarb
http://filmexperience.blogspot.com/2010/05/day-of-rest-with-bruce-willis-and.html
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Day of Rest (with Bruce Willis and Friend)
Shhhhhhhhh.
Written by NATHANIEL R @ 12:30 PM
==========================================================
http://worldtopdata.blogspot.com/2010/12/top-10-incidents-of-people-getting.html

Top ten incidents of people getting saved by animals

Saturday, December 11, 2010
"Animals are very intuitive and are known to predict natural calamities minutes before they take place. The following are incidents of people getting save by these remarkable creatures."

1. Burning House and Cat
Dianne Busscher’s house woke up early one morning because her cat was crying in the garage. When she reached the cat, she found that the lower part of the house was going up in flames.

2. Drowning Teenager and Dolphin
David Ceci fell into the water when he was 14 years old and unfortunately, he could not swim. Filippo, a dolphin, came and rescued him and kept nudging him towards the surface till David’s father was able to pull him out.

3. Drowning Woman and Dog
Brenda Owen was walking her dog when she realized that a woman was drowning in the river. She could not find help so she started telling her dog to “go fetch”. Penny (the dog) then jumped into the water and swam till she was able to pull the woman ashore.

4. Toddler and Dog
A two year old boy was walking with his grandmother and the family dog, Arf when the pet went into a temper. The grandmother rushed the child inside the house but when the child’s mother came out, she found Arf wrestling with a massive coral snake. Turns out that the snake was about to attack the baby but Arf jumped right in and saved him.

5. Woman and Calf
Janice was working in a pasture when her calf got in her way and did not let her leave. She got annoyed and tried to move but the animal didn’t budge. That’s when she noticed a snake a few feet away from her feet and if the calf had not stood in her way, she would have stepped on it which would have proven to be fatal.

6. Surfer and Dolphins
Todd Endris was surfing with his friends when he noticed a gigantic shark in front of him. The marine animal tried to bite off his limbs several times and Todd was about to give up when a number of dolphins swam by and surrounded him. They saved his life and Todd managed to swim out and get help.

7. Woman and Child and Pitbull
A woman was walking with her baby when a man appeared out of no where and held a knife in their faces. A pit bull then charged towards the man who got scared and ran away.

8. Boy and Gorilla
A 3 year old child lost his balance at a zoo and fell amidst several gorillas. The boy fainted after which a female Gorilla picked him up and carried him till she was sure that he would be safe.

9. Swimmers and Dolphins
Rob Howes was swimming with his daughter when a pod of dolphins started pushing against them and formed a circle. This is when Howes realized that a large shark was swimming towards them. The dolphins kept at it till the shark left.

10. Treo
Treo found two bombs in a particular district the United States and managed to save thousands of lives. The dog should retire soon as he has lived a long and eventful life. Not to mention, he is 8 years old and deserves a break!

IMAGE of Willis by NATHANIEL R
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:56:07 AM by Yowbarb »

chaunska

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 09:45:08 PM »
this is a great topic...thanks for thinking of it...

When I was about 15yrs old, (1985) we had a flash flood.   We tried to get home as fast as we could because we lived in a flood plain and had horses in the barn.  The water was about 2 feet deep when we finally got home.   My dad and I went down to the barn to get the horses out.  We got them all except my gelding.  He was in the last stall at the end of the isle way and I ran back down to get him despite my dad yelling at me to leave him there because it was too late to get him out safely.    But nothing was going to stop me and by that time, the water was about 3 feet deep and I could hardly stand because it was moving so fast.   When I opened his door, the current caught it and knocked me down.   I was able to catch hold of his lead rope and he pulled me out of the barn and up to safety.   We barely made it out....and with out him, I would have gone down stream.   He died 9/11, 2002....he was my best friend and I still cry when I think about him.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:54:57 PM by chaunska »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 11:35:14 PM »

When I was about 15yrs old, (1985) we had a flash flood.   We tried to get home as fast as we could because we lived in a flood plain and had horses in the barn.  The water was about 2 feet deep when we finally got home.   My dad and I went down to the barn to get the horses out.  We got them all except my gelding.  He was in the last stall at the end of the isle way and I ran back down to get him despite my dad yelling at me to leave him there because it was too late to get him out safely.    But nothing was going to stop me and by that time, the water was about 3 feet deep and I could hardly stand because it was moving so fast.   When I opened his door, the current caught it and knocked me down.   I was able to catch hold of his lead rope and he pulled me out of the barn and up to safety.   We barely made it out....and with out him, I would have gone down stream.   He died 9/11, 2002....he was my best friend and I still cry when I think about him.

What a  wonderful story!
- Yowbarb

Willsorr75

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 05:24:47 AM »

That is a wonderful story!! Thanks for sharing....
Stay informed, information is our first line of defense!
-Will

inselemel

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 02:54:09 PM »
http://www.nsri.org.za/2011/09/good-samaritans-help-shark-victim/

Don't know if you guys have heard this one.
 A british guy ignored Safety warnings that there were sharks about and went into the Ocean at Fish Hoek in the Cape, South Africa. He got attacked, two older guys (good samaritans if ever there were ones - they work as voluntary spiritual guidance counsellors in a prison)  who were returning from work in the same car  saw this and went into help and as they were trying to get the guy out of the water (slow going they said) and bystanders on the shore shouting at them that the shark was coming at them a Cape Fur Seal appeared and swam between the men and the shark and then kept circling the men appearing (although this will probably never be able to be proved) to be fending off the shark from the rescue effort! Bystanders confirm the seal was there and seemingly trying to help. Which i believe totally.

Yowbarb -I think the  Gorilla incident you mentioned above is a different one to one that i have seen on TV. It was Jersey Zoo (Gerard Durrell) - a child falls into the Gorilla area and the Silver back stands guard top protect him from the black backs (subordinant) and even gently strokes the boys head (boy unconscious)
Jambo the Gentle Giant Jersey Zoo Boy fell into Gorilla pit 

Thanks for starting this subject as it will strengthen the bond between us humans and the rest of the animal kingdom.  ;D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 11:29:42 PM »
http://www.nsri.org.za/2011/09/good-samaritans-help-shark-victim/

Don't know if you guys have heard this one.
 A british guy ignored Safety warnings that there were sharks about and went into the Ocean at Fish Hoek in the Cape, South Africa. He got attacked, two older guys (good samaritans if ever there were ones - they work as voluntary spiritual guidance counsellors in a prison)  who were returning from work in the same car  saw this and went into help and as they were trying to get the guy out of the water (slow going they said) and bystanders on the shore shouting at them that the shark was coming at them a Cape Fur Seal appeared and swam between the men and the shark and then kept circling the men appearing (although this will probably never be able to be proved) to be fending off the shark from the rescue effort! Bystanders confirm the seal was there and seemingly trying to help. Which i believe totally.

Yowbarb -I think the  Gorilla incident you mentioned above is a different one to one that i have seen on TV. It was Jersey Zoo (Gerard Durrell) - a child falls into the Gorilla area and the Silver back stands guard top protect him from the black backs (subordinant) and even gently strokes the boys head (boy unconscious)
Jambo the Gentle Giant Jersey Zoo Boy fell into Gorilla pit 

Thanks for starting this subject as it will strengthen the bond between us humans and the rest of the animal kingdom.  ;D

Mel, yes the story you shared is a different one. I saw that one too on the news. 
Thanks,  :)
Yowbarb

DonMatCat

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 01:56:11 AM »
Whoa - nice!  This is what I'm all about as well. Secondarily Nibiru, lol
Don

bk

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 04:43:10 AM »
Rescued dog returns the favor, saves owner from carbon monoxide poisoning

A man in California might have rescued his German shepherd Max, but, as "Fox & Friends" explains, this time around it was Max who was doing the rescuing.

'80-year-old Jack Farrell was fast asleep when carbon monoxide flooded his home in California. Max woke up and dragged his owner out of bed.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/06/rescued-dog-returns-the-favor-saves-owner-from-carbon-monoxide/20844528/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D451246

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 07:09:38 AM »
Rescued dog returns the favor, saves owner from carbon monoxide poisoning

A man in California might have rescued his German shepherd Max, but, as "Fox & Friends" explains, this time around it was Max who was doing the rescuing.

'80-year-old Jack Farrell was fast asleep when carbon monoxide flooded his home in California. Max woke up and dragged his owner out of bed.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/06/rescued-dog-returns-the-favor-saves-owner-from-carbon-monoxide/20844528/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D451246

bk, thanks for posting. Great story!  :)