Author Topic: TEST for Jim  (Read 742 times)

Archangel

TEST for Jim
« on: March 22, 2010, 07:55:12 PM »
Testing on creating a thread in response to Jimfarmers notice in the Members Notice Section.  It seems to be working fine.

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: TEST for Jim
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 02:55:16 PM »
Thanks Archangel.
The Reply function works, obviously, but I still can't get into the Australia section directly.
do I need a separate username or password for that section?

jimfarmer

Lori

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 04:14:10 PM »
Jim, you may have a block on you browser for some reason over a Key word. It could be from your password or your security.   I had similar troubles when we first started up and I simply went in to my account and changed my password.  After that it seemed to work.  Sometimes these boards can do funny things.

Once in while too I would try to post and the post would time out.  I simply turn my computer off and turn it back on and the problem clears up.

I'm no Computer geek.  But I hope this helps.

Archangel

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:35 PM »
Hey Jim,

If your logged in to the forum click on Australia section then look in the bottom right side (in the blue) for "New Topic".  Click on that and give it a heading then make your post.  You shouldn't have to log on again so the answer would be no.  Do you stay automatically logged in?  If so you should never have to re enter your log on to make a post.  Let me know if your still having a problem.  It sounds like your not logged in if it ask's you to log in before making a post.

Let me know little buddy.  (LOL I'm one to say little because I am short!!!)   
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 06:02:55 PM by Archangel »

Archangel

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 06:11:29 PM »
Sorry for the second post but I do know forum software.

You don't need a separate password or username.  If you see the function then you can use it.  Do you see "New Topic" in the blue?  If so then you have that "permission" to use that function.  Its a standard with all users so it should be there.  Also if you are still having problems take a "screenshot" and post it or let me know and I'll take a couple of screenshots and post them.  We'll solve the problem brother.

Archangel

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »
Well Jim I did a screenshot for you then I realized that you had created a thread in the Members Notice (LOL) so you know how to do that.  Anyway here is what I see when I click on Australia.  I've highlighted where I was and then the new post with a red arrow.  (Note: everything in red I created after the fact so you won't see it in real life when creating a thread).  Does it ask for a username and password after you've clicked it?  If so screenshot it and post and we'll figure it out.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:02:07 PM by Archangel »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 09:16:22 AM »
Re: Test for Jim (that's me),

Well, now there is no problem.  The Australia section did not ask for a login this time, and the New Topic window opened up on clicking that button.

Thanks for the attention.

Lori

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 10:57:53 AM »
Hi Jim

As I said, sometimes these forums do funny things.  It may be just a small glitch that could be cleared simply by turner your computer off then turning it back on after a about a minute or so.  Very strange.  Glad your able to get to where you want be.

Lori

Archangel

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »
Re: Test for Jim (that's me),

Well, now there is no problem.  The Australia section did not ask for a login this time, and the New Topic window opened up on clicking that button.

Thanks for the attention.

Your very much welcome Jim and glad to see it working now.