Author Topic: Australian Meetings  (Read 1384 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Australian Meetings
« on: November 17, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »
G'day, mate! You Sheilas too.
All "Ozzies" this is your Meeting Place. So put the Billie on, please
have a cuppa tea and some brekkie and see what's posting here.
Please share your survival areas for the future.
You can set up Meetings here too.

Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Australian Meetings
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 10:48:59 AM »
P.S. Sorry I don't have all the answers but Australia and NZ might not be the safest place to be, in some areas - not so safe.  ("Yeah, that'd be right.")
Well I don't want to "yabber on" but the idea is: If ever a group of people deserved to be safe in the future it'd be you lot. So keep coming back learn what you can, and please share your knowledge with others there.

Kyirrie

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:24:31 PM »
Hi BArb,
Wow! I got a surprise when I saw the format of this has changed again!  ??? But all the info is here and that's the main thing.  :) So do you have any further info on safe places down under Barb. I know of a bunch of survivalists getting together in New Zealand, some Americans and Canadians have also headed down there. It's hard to know for sure, as there has been much conflicting info that I have heard. Some say that Western Australia will go under water, along with India, and that the east coast of Oz will rise up. Others believe that New Zealand may rise up, and I guess if this is the case, then that would be bad in some ways for the east coast as it would most likely cause a huge wash of water along the east, so therefore unless you were quite a few hundred kilometres inland from the coast you might get washed out.
Have you or anyone else heard anything new or different lately?
Whatever the case, I am still quietly packing my stuff, all the essentials, my husband is even kind of in the frame of mind to maybe sell the house and buy a Winnebago so we are not tied to one place, as we live on the east coast now. After all, with the ages we are both at now...not far of retirement for my hubby anyway, there is no way that we will pay off our $400,000 mortgage in our life time.
Funnily LOTS of people in Oz seem to be thinking the same thing, taking to the nomadic life in Winnebago's and spending their Gen Y kids inheritance  ;D , and it makes me wonder if we are all receiving some kind of subliminal message from somewhere to "head to the hills" as it were. Anythings possible I guess! ::)
I'd be interested to know what others down under are thinking, and what the latest is on "safe zones".
Hope you all have a good holiday season folks :) Nice to see you again Barb ;)

Love and Light,
Lynette

Kyirrie

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:27:49 PM »
Dang! I'm a newbie again! All my credits from before are gone! :o Oh well...here we go again  :)

catch ya later!
Lynette

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 03:10:36 PM »
Hi BArb,
Wow! I got a surprise when I saw the format of this has changed again!  ??? But all the info is here and that's the main thing.  :) So do you have any further info on safe places down under Barb. I know of a bunch of survivalists getting together in New Zealand, some Americans and Canadians have also headed down there. It's hard to know for sure, as there has been much conflicting info that I have heard. Some say that Western Australia will go under water, along with India, and that the east coast of Oz will rise up. Others believe that New Zealand may rise up, and I guess if this is the case, then that would be bad in some ways for the east coast as it would most likely cause a huge wash of water along the east, so therefore unless you were quite a few hundred kilometres inland from the coast you might get washed out.
Have you or anyone else heard anything new or different lately?
Whatever the case, I am still quietly packing my stuff, all the essentials, my husband is even kind of in the frame of mind to maybe sell the house and buy a Winnebago so we are not tied to one place, as we live on the east coast now. After all, with the ages we are both at now...not far of retirement for my hubby anyway, there is no way that we will pay off our $400,000 mortgage in our life time.
Funnily LOTS of people in Oz seem to be thinking the same thing, taking to the nomadic life in Winnebago's and spending their Gen Y kids inheritance  ;D , and it makes me wonder if we are all receiving some kind of subliminal message from somewhere to "head to the hills" as it were. Anythings possible I guess! ::)
I'd be interested to know what others down under are thinking, and what the latest is on "safe zones".
Hope you all have a good holiday season folks :) Nice to see you again Barb ;)

Love and Light,
Lynette

Hi again, Kyirrie, Love and Light to you too. I just saw your post I am not sure what to advise anyone yet about AU and NZ.
The people who live there love their land, their cultures and their country. I personally wouldn

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 03:16:35 PM »
BTW Kyrrie
I feel that is interesting your husband is thinking about that Winnebago and
living a sort of footloose life. If retirement is really close it might be good to keep
working so he can get his retirement income -so he can then receive that as long as possible....
Well I am sure you thought
about all that and I couldn't presume to advise anyone on their own money matters.
It's a balance keeping things going long enough to amass some goods, some land,
some traveling money. Something to survive on when money is useless and the infrastructure fails -
if it does - and it will, at least for a time if we have the Planet X scenario we have been discussing here..
Maybe a good idea to meet up with those survivalists to get some ideas flowing,
as you are deciding. Question what part of AU are you in?
All The Best,
Keep coming back I will study, and post the best info I can get as long as we have internet...
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 03:22:00 PM by Yowbarb »

Kyirrie

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 02:18:39 PM »
Thanks Barb for the update ! We live on the south eastern coast of Oz, about 2 hours south of Sydney. We are just trying to do whatever we can at present to get some retirement money together as we lost our previous retirement nest eggs (investment properties) when the economy went down the shoot and interest rates went through the ceiling, so now we only have our primary residence. Hubby plans to work as long as he has to, and I am still squirreling away things that I think we will need, heirloom seeds, long life edibles, non-perishables, first aid materials and medications, as I have more time to think about such things. We are trying to get an investment property again so that we have something with strong capital growth and is also filling a huge growing need here in Oz of rental accommodation. This time we plan to positive gear if we get one, as negative gearing left us in some difficult situations. Use the tax system to your advantage!  ;D Don't know if it will work out, but if not we may just continue on with the Winnebago idea and sell up :)
Footloose sounds like the way to go, doesn't it   ;)

If I hear anything on the grapevine here about survival groups, I will let you know and try and get them involved on here. As I mentioned I do know of some in Oz and New Zealand, so if I can get them to put their details on here it would be great for all concerned.

In the meantime Barb, it's that time of the year again, and so I will wish you all a peaceful holiday season where ever you are, and hope the new year is a relatively good one for you...all things on here considered  ::)

Take care!
Lynette

Willstdm

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 09:12:24 PM »
Thanks Barb for the update ! We live on the south eastern coast of Oz, about 2 hours south of Sydney. We are just trying to do whatever we can at present to get some retirement money together as we lost our previous retirement nest eggs (investment properties) when the economy went down the shoot and interest rates went through the ceiling, so now we only have our primary residence. Hubby plans to work as long as he has to, and I am still squirreling away things that I think we will need, heirloom seeds, long life edibles, non-perishables, first aid materials and medications, as I have more time to think about such things. We are trying to get an investment property again so that we have something with strong capital growth and is also filling a huge growing need here in Oz of rental accommodation. This time we plan to positive gear if we get one, as negative gearing left us in some difficult situations. Use the tax system to your advantage!  ;D Don't know if it will work out, but if not we may just continue on with the Winnebago idea and sell up :)
Footloose sounds like the way to go, doesn't it   ;)

If I hear anything on the grapevine here about survival groups, I will let you know and try and get them involved on here. As I mentioned I do know of some in Oz and New Zealand, so if I can get them to put their details on here it would be great for all concerned.

In the meantime Barb, it's that time of the year again, and so I will wish you all a peaceful holiday season where ever you are, and hope the new year is a relatively good one for you...all things on here considered  ::)

Take care!
Lynette

G'day Lynette,

I'm in Western Sydney about 10km from where Winnebago's are made 8)

Cheers Will.

Kyirrie

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 10:58:37 PM »
G'day Will!
Hope you had a good xmas  :) Where in western Sydney are you Will? I used to live around Penrith and Liverpool. I was born in Liverpool so am an ex-westy myself  ;)
Hope you have a good new year!
Cheers!
Lynette

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 11:19:01 AM »
Lynette
Belated reply to your post - and I hope you are having a really wonderful holiday season.
Happy and prosperous New Years to you as well!
Sounds like you and hubby have some interesting ideas.
I can totally relate to the housing bubble thing.
Yes, please do find the survival groups and tell them about this site if you can. We
should all share whatever info we can get during the next couple of years.
Back later,
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 11:40:27 PM »
Australian and New Zealander Members, please post here info to one another, set up
meetings, etc.
All The Best,

Yowbarb
Topic Administrator