Author Topic: Dowsing general information  (Read 2934 times)

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Dowsing general information
« on: April 20, 2010, 01:28:05 PM »
I hope this will be a conversation starter.  Dowsing  is very easy to do and can provide vital information in serious situations, both favorable and unfavorable.

Dowsing is a method that enables a person to get a Yes or No answer to a question or statement addressed to his subconscious mind.  The theory is that 1) every person's subconscious mind is in continuous contact with the whole universe regarding present and past facts of existence, and 2) since the subconscious mind controls the operations of all the components and systems of the body, it can, with some training, indicate a Yes or No response to a thought from the conscious mind by affecting some muscles in one way or another.

For example, a person dowsing for water will hold his dowsing stick lightly in front of him horizontally, while walking over the area to be searched, and continuously think the statement "there is water below me now".  As long as the answer is No, the subconscious mind makes no response; then when the answer is Yes, the subconscious mind makes the dowser's arm twitch, and that produces a visible movement of the dowsing stick.

Another version relies on the fact that a person's skeletal muscles are weakened slightly whenever there is cognitive dissonance (disagreement) between the thought in his conscious mind and the truth as understood by the subconscious mind (which might be counter-productive or even wrong).  This technique is usually called "muscle testing".  So, for example, if person A holds one arm horizontally out to his side, and person B pressed down on it lightly, and if Person A who is male says "I am a woman", then his shoulder muscles will weaken sufficiently to allow person B push the arm downward noticeably.  This method is explained in the book 'Power Versus Force' by David Hawkins and utilized in a series of investigations that are reported in the book.  Also, the investigative and remedial technique of Psych-K uses muscle testing in procedures to determine limiting beliefs in a person's subconscious mind and then correct them.  (www.psych-k.com)

From http://educate-yourself.org/dow/index.shtm :  "Dowsing ... is one of the easiest ways to access a repository of unlimited knowledge ... Dowsing can be used to obtain ANSWERS and information about anything, providing you frame the question correctly."

To dowse, you can use a pendulum (make your own), one or two rotating L-rods (make your own), a Y-rod, a flexing dowsing rod, or even just your own muscles.  References:  www.dowsers.org  and  www.bio-tensor.com; book 'Power Versus Force'. It takes only a few minutes of practice to become competent, although, in my experience, the muscle-testing method does not always provide unequivocal results.

Dowsing can be used to determine any individual's level of consciousness on a scale of 1 to 1000 (see 'Power Versus Force') and/or level of Service-To-Other-ness on a scale of 1 to 100, given specific identification.  That can be applied to ETs as well as humans, and it can be applied to messages, reports, books, etc.  For example, 'Power Versus Force' claims that although the original teachings of Jesus calibrated at a consciousness level of 1000, the King James version of the Christian Bible calibrates at 640.  Of all the major religions, only Mahayana Buddhism has retained a high level of consciousness -- having deteriorated from 1000 down to 960.

Dowsing should be useful in many situations that will arise in the context of earth (and humanity) changes in and around 2012.  For example:  1) locating objects, food, water, persons, dangerous or favorable conditions, etc.;  2) determining edibility of plants, water, etc.;  3) investigating causes and cures of health problems;  4) determining compatibility of persons or their intentions; 5) determining existence of approaching danger or assistance; 6) determining the defective component in malfunctioning equipment; and probably many more cases.

Linda

• Prolific Member
Re: Dowsing general information
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »
Jim, I love this topic.

The first time I was exposed to a pendulum was in my teens, we used it to answer yes and no questions, it was fun. Then about six years ago my daughter and I took my grandson to be muscle tested for alergies. It was done by a Chiropracter and was spot on. He had been suffering from ear infections, we took him off the offending foods and his ears cleared up and after a length of time we slowly introduced the some of the foods back and he does great.

I have been wanting to make a pendulum for myself, just haven't gotten around to it. You are right, this could be an extremely effective tool. Now's the time to experiment with it and hone your skills.

great post
Linda
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Pbutter72

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 03:28:09 PM »
Great Topic--
Dowsing is very useful.
Thanks for the links!

Blessings
pB

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »
Video about muscle testing:
Search for "testing human energy" in YouTube.
It has a good explanation, and several other interesting video titles also come back from the search.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 01:26:57 PM »
Jim, I love this topic.

The first time I was exposed to a pendulum was in my teens, we used it to answer yes and no questions, it was fun. Then about six years ago my daughter and I took my grandson to be muscle tested for alergies. It was done by a Chiropracter and was spot on. He had been suffering from ear infections, we took him off the offending foods and his ears cleared up and after a length of time we slowly introduced the some of the foods back and he does great.

I have been wanting to make a pendulum for myself, just haven't gotten around to it. You are right, this could be an extremely effective tool. Now's the time to experiment with it and hone your skills.

great post
Linda

Linda, a lot of people I know use muscle testing... I have too
I like to see reminders about these kinds of things... sometimes get sidetracked and
do not muscle test...
Thanks,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »
I hope this will be a conversation starter.  Dowsing  is very easy to do and can provide vital information in serious situations, both favorable and unfavorable.

Dowsing is a method that enables a person to get a Yes or No answer to a question or statement addressed to his subconscious mind.  The theory is that 1) every person's subconscious mind is in continuous contact with the whole universe regarding present and past facts of existence, and 2) since the subconscious mind controls the operations of all the components and systems of the body, it can, with some training, indicate a Yes or No response to a thought from the conscious mind by affecting some muscles in one way or another.

For example, a person dowsing for water will hold his dowsing stick lightly in front of him horizontally, while walking over the area to be searched, and continuously think the statement "there is water below me now".  As long as the answer is No, the subconscious mind makes no response; then when the answer is Yes, the subconscious mind makes the dowser's arm twitch, and that produces a visible movement of the dowsing stick.

Another version relies on the fact that a person's skeletal muscles are weakened slightly whenever there is cognitive dissonance (disagreement) between the thought in his conscious mind and the truth as understood by the subconscious mind (which might be counter-productive or even wrong).  This technique is usually called "muscle testing".  So, for example, if person A holds one arm horizontally out to his side, and person B pressed down on it lightly, and if Person A who is male says "I am a woman", then his shoulder muscles will weaken sufficiently to allow person B push the arm downward noticeably.  This method is explained in the book 'Power Versus Force' by David Hawkins and utilized in a series of investigations that are reported in the book.  Also, the investigative and remedial technique of Psych-K uses muscle testing in procedures to determine limiting beliefs in a person's subconscious mind and then correct them.  (www.psych-k.com)

From http://educate-yourself.org/dow/index.shtm :  "Dowsing ... is one of the easiest ways to access a repository of unlimited knowledge ... Dowsing can be used to obtain ANSWERS and information about anything, providing you frame the question correctly."

To dowse, you can use a pendulum (make your own), one or two rotating L-rods (make your own), a Y-rod, a flexing dowsing rod, or even just your own muscles.  References:  www.dowsers.org  and  www.bio-tensor.com; book 'Power Versus Force'. It takes only a few minutes of practice to become competent, although, in my experience, the muscle-testing method does not always provide unequivocal results.

Dowsing can be used to determine any individual's level of consciousness on a scale of 1 to 1000 (see 'Power Versus Force') and/or level of Service-To-Other-ness on a scale of 1 to 100, given specific identification.  That can be applied to ETs as well as humans, and it can be applied to messages, reports, books, etc.  For example, 'Power Versus Force' claims that although the original teachings of Jesus calibrated at a consciousness level of 1000, the King James version of the Christian Bible calibrates at 640.  Of all the major religions, only Mahayana Buddhism has retained a high level of consciousness -- having deteriorated from 1000 down to 960.

Dowsing should be useful in many situations that will arise in the context of earth (and humanity) changes in and around 2012.  For example:  1) locating objects, food, water, persons, dangerous or favorable conditions, etc.;  2) determining edibility of plants, water, etc.;  3) investigating causes and cures of health problems;  4) determining compatibility of persons or their intentions; 5) determining existence of approaching danger or assistance; 6) determining the defective component in malfunctioning equipment; and probably many more cases.

Jim this is a good Topic,
Yowbarb

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 08:37:32 PM »
I have seen dowsers myself, and they were looking for where to dig/drill water wells. These older guys were something. Where they said to dig, there was water. They used the 2 rods/sticks, and held them in front of themselves, pointing straight ahead. When the rods would cross, there was water. And they would always retest several ways and the  result was the same.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 11:32:36 PM »
Great Topic--
Dowsing is very useful.
Thanks for the links!

Blessings
pB

Note from Yowbarb:
Pbutter72's new name is NativeMom72.
She is a Global Moderator and she has the category,  NativeMom72 - THE DIVINE FEMININE

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 11:46:35 PM »
Yowbarb Note: Anyone heard of this method?

water divining using egg and coconut
3:09    818,895 views

https://youtu.be/8fDprYQQNW4

Published on Jul 24, 2016

• Identify water source
• Predict depth
• Provide recommendations of utilizing a bore well versus wells
• Identify false readings which are caused due to black rock
• Waste water management
• Rain water harvesting

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 12:13:25 AM »
John Baker - Professional Dowser  6:33  329,067 views

https://youtu.be/bOyvA1bO_rs

Published on Feb 13, 2013
Currently on the books of borehole companies I endeavor to look for underground water and if found, should be able to give some idea of depth, flow rate and potability.

Can also search for 'lost' wells, mine shafts, pipes etc.
Sometimes asked to find leaks in pipes when not found by normal investigative methods.This means the search is not easy and may get one in three right. Still worth the risk as the next step is usually digging up lots of ground or pulling walls to pieces..

It must be stated that no one can be right every time. It is your risk.
Have worked for Local Authorities, The Forestry Commission, private land owners and given instruction to employees of the National Trust in various parts of the country.

Despite modern plumbing and access to water via a tap, it is surprising how useful a well can be if you have one. Finding and bringing one back into use is often an interesting and useful addition to big gardens where you can at least water plants and wash down cars.etc. It is often an interesting exercise to find out what was dropped down them in the past, either by accident or on purpose.

A word of warning. Most wells were never filled in, just the top few feet capped.With the passage of time, this 'cap' is starting to deteriorate and can lead to sudden dips appearing in a garden. If you think you may have a well, the best thing to do is get it checked out.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 06:21:46 PM »

• Identify water source
• Predict depth
• Waste water management
• Rain water harvesting
Never heard of it, but will check it out.  I'm going to do a presentation on dowsing in a few weeks, but won't cover anything I've not personally used successfully.  Will check this out...thanks for posting yet another twist to dowsing.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 04:28:18 PM »

• Identify water source
• Predict depth
• Waste water management
• Rain water harvesting
Never heard of it, but will check it out.  I'm going to do a presentation on dowsing in a few weeks, but won't cover anything I've not personally used successfully.  Will check this out...thanks for posting yet another twist to dowsing.
ilinda,
I can't vouch for it. It was new to me, too.
Would love to see a video of presentation...best of luck...