Author Topic: Hopi Elders pass warnings and prophecies from generation  (Read 12793 times)

errrv

Re: Hopi Elders pass warnings and prophecies from generation
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 05:07:27 AM »
Barb, here is the part about the twins:

" Spider Woman said, "You are Poqanghoya and you are to help keep this world in order when life is put upon it. Go now around all the world and put your hands upon the earth so that it will become fully solidified. This is your duty." Spider Woman then said to the twin on the left, "You are Palongawhoya and you are to help keep this world in order when life is put upon it. This is your duty now: go about all the world and send out sound so that it may be heard throughout all the land. When this is heard you will also be known as 'Echo', for all sound echoes the Creator".... When they had accomplished their duties, Poqanghoya was sent to the north pole of the world axis and Palongawhoya to the south pole, where they were jointly commanded to keep the world properly rotating.... "These will be your duties in time to come", said Spider Woman."

Honda & levy make sense in that they "return" together, taking their places at the north & south poles again. This is just my best guess.
Erv

terrypat

• Prolific Member
  • My intention is to lead with the heart
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 08:56:10 AM »
Fits the story to a tee Erv. Nice job. Again, these prophecies have not been tampered with. From the authors lips to the next elders ears & so on. Makes complete sense.
You have been telling people that this is the 11th hour.

Now you must go back & tell people  this  is  "The Hour" .

The Elders , Oraibi Arizona, Hopi Nation

errrv

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 10:57:56 AM »
I'll double check, but I believe all three come back simultaneously.
Erv

inselemel

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 11:22:44 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK8zsahRplI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

The Hopi Prophecy - i don't think this actual video is on the board yet but the message is probably known by all but i just thought it was a nice wee video (love the music especially).

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »
I have a question that I will post here because I'm not sure if there is a topic on this somewhere else.  Is there any way that non-Natives can be taught the old ways?

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »
steedy I think it has more to do with attitude than genetic make up. I know I have Shawnee from my mothers side but my Fathers Grandfather looked like a pure blood but the family denies he was any at all. So you may have native blood and not know it, a lot of people were ashamed of their Indian blood so they lied.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:41:22 PM by 1969quartz0 »

Schi-502

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »
Quartzo,
  I lived this scenario.  My father was an Indian.  Cherokee/Choctaw, Oklahoma,  His father was Choctaw and his mother was Cherokee.  He was the oldest of six boys.  His father was a carpenter/builder but drank his paycheck.  His mother had him committed under Oklahoma law, put the boys in an orphanage.  The youngest died in the orphanage, leaving my father guilt ridden about not being a better surrogate father.  At the age of 17 he joined the Marines,.  He got married at 19 and moved to California at 21.
Long story short...
He forever ran from "being a fat little Indian boy".  He constantly denied being an Indian.  Refused to accept quota filling billets.  When my sister used her Indian blood line to gain an advantage in college he lost his mind.  They didn't speak ever again.
He passed in '92 without them ever talking.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 08:48:25 AM »
steedy I think it has more to do with attitude than genetic make up. I know I have Shawnee from my mothers side but my Fathers Grandfather looked like a pure blood but the family denies he was any at all. So you may have native blood and not know it, a lot of people were ashamed of their Indian blood so they lied.

That's not what I'm talking about.  I meant is there any way that Native Elders could teach non-Native people their old ways?  Would they be willing to pass on their knowledge of their old ways to non-Natives?  I'm thinking on things like, hunting, raising food, what you use the entire animal for, etc.  Basically, how to truly live off the land.

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 03:28:21 PM »
steedy I answered that in the first part of my response, it would depend on your attitude and the willingness of your native teacher you wanted to learn from. Some would be willing to teach you some would not.

Scales

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 05:58:48 AM »
 ""I meant is there any way that Native Elders could teach non-Native people their old ways?  Would they be willing to pass on their knowledge of their old ways to non-Natives?  I'm thinking on things like, hunting, raising food, what you use the entire animal for, etc.  Basically, how to truly live off the land.""

This is the question of the age. This is what the white man has forgotten. The desire to learn is the first step.

This is a Hopi thread and I would suggest to anyone who wishes to know more about the Hopi, to go to Hopi land. There is a very nice cultural center there for visitors to stay right on their land with a nice hotel and restaurant. The people are extremely friendly and gentle. The guides obtain a permit to take visitors on a tour and they will take you to see the glyphs and prophecy rock and their villages. It is a very enriching experience and one I highly recommend. People should regard it as a spiritual experience and try to soak up the essence of the people.

I would think it is the same for visiting most indigenous peoples.

The remembering is the process, because the white man used to know these things. We are all children of the earth after all and the knowledge is there to recall.

I'd think Chaunska would have a point or two to make in her section as well, and I think that is what she is doing there. When people bond with the spirits of the "tribes" of animals, you will find that the animals themselves will tell you what you need to know about how to use this or that. One asks permission.

It is not part of white culture at this time, but in the history, it was known to ask permission from say, Beaver spirit, before trouncing on their sacred ground. If a distinct and noticable sign is not given, then do not enter. That is so far from the behavior of modern culture as to be mystifying, but this is simple spiritual protocol.

Each animal is a family, and the communication and bonding is best done from them directly. A man should not give another man permission to take this or that from the animal. The spirit of that animal family does this and it would be rewarding beyond anything most people imagine.

The beaver builds a dam and many other animals benefit. This is the way man should behave. It is a very stark contrast to the way we do now.

I am white and there is no man who taught me this. Professor experience did. Close observation and open minded willingness is all one needs. Like he said, it is an individual thing, not something that is easily given. Techniques and things of interest can be learned by visiting the various places and I think it is a very good idea to visit as many peoples as possible. The process is spiritual and the work is in the bonding of families, man and animal alike. And trees !

White man used to know trees and the Celtic history is rife with the knowledge. It used to be taught that each person carried the spirit of certain trees. Find the tree and find the animal. They will come to you if you ask. Go to the place of nature, anywhere, and it is there. It may take some time and be ready to answer for what your "tribe" has done with it's own relationships. Like anything else, if you hit the dog, it will be shy.

Scales

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 06:16:06 AM »
 To change a quote that is recognizable:

Ask not what the Beaver and the Owl can do for you, but what can you do for the Beaver and the Owl.

The universe is reciprocal. In kindergarten, a little girl cam eto me and gave a picture. She said, "here I made this for you". I was very touched and never forgot. Later the bully was picking on her and I went and stopped him. It's a good memory. Makes me squishy and teary still.

Let the tears of healing flow from the heart. They heal more than just our own person.