Author Topic: Ancient technological societies on this planet - theories, evidence, etc.  (Read 4479 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Yowbarb Note:  I know this is not a totally new discussion on the Town Hall, anyway I am refreshing it.
This Topic presents theories of ancient technological societies on this planet. Videos, articles and Members discussions will present ideas on origins of Mankind on this planet, hidden and buried ancient civilizations, etc.   This first video shows "evidence of Pre-Incan megalith builders at Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo. They continue on to Lake Titicaca where they investigate the strange megalithic towers and a "stargate" cut into solid rock. Finally they examine the huge granite megaliths at Tiwanaku and Puma Punku..."

ANCIENT ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY In Peru and Bolivia - FEATURE FILM  1:34:55  428,043 Views 

UFOTV® The Disclosure Movie Network   

Video link:  http://youtu.be/pGW0-wYo48E

Uploaded on Aug 4, 2011
From UFOTV®, accept no imitations. Join Researcher David Hatcher Childress and British Engineer Christopher Dunn as they journey to Cuzco in the Andes Mountains to examine evidence for the possible use of advanced rock-machining techniques. Going to ancient cities and megalithic quarries, they again examine saw marks, advanced lifting and moving techniques, as well as evidence of Pre-Incan megalith builders at Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo. They continue on to Lake Titicaca where they investigate the strange megalithic towers and a "stargate" cut into solid rock. Finally they examine the huge granite megaliths at Tiwanaku and Puma Punku for signs of the use of power tools and other advanced, ancient technology. Blows the lid off South American archeology with evidence of advanced ancient technology thousands of years old.

Coming Soon to DVD: Ancient Advanced Technology In Peru and Bolivia - Go to http://www.UFOTV.com.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
I know lots of people think aliens constructed ancient sites, but why is it so difficult to imagine that ancient people were smart enough and had the tools to do these things on their own?

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
I know lots of people think aliens constructed ancient sites, but why is it so difficult to imagine that ancient people were smart enough and had the tools to do these things on their own?
It's not too hard to imagine ancient peoples being capable of creating some of these sites; and more than one writer has claimed that many of the ancient cultures actually "came from the stars".

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Hi again, steedy. In the study of technology which doesn't fit or surpasses known cultures, the main point is the people at that time were not up to that level of technology. The dating of many sites goes back before the Incas or whatever group is known to have been at the locations. Per the history and the archaeology of those known cultures they were not able to do some of those functions such as precise machining of stones.
You are right some ancient people could have done some of these things, to me it seems more likely some earlier group did this... We are all probably "aliens" to one degree or another, from somewhere else...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
(Note:  There is a duplicate paragraph in the article (beginning "What we are seeing...", but since the link is slightly different in each, I left both paragraphs in the text.)

http://21stcenturywire.com/2015/03/18/discovery-of-alien-dna-in-human-genome-challenges-darwins-theory/

•   Discovery of ‘Alien’ DNA in Human Genome Challenges Darwin’s Theory
   •   March 18, 2015 By 21wire 44 Comments
   •   21st Century Wire says…
   •   
   •   How will the scientific community deal with these new anomalies?
   •   
   •   Scientists are now finding clues as to the beginning is the creation of Earth. Research from the University of Cambridge have discovered what appears to be ‘foreign’ DNA – 145 genes that may threaten one of modern orthodoxy’s sacred cows: Darwin’s theory of evolution.
   •   
   •   This latest discovery has invigorated curiosity of those seeking answers to the question which was brought into mainstream discourse following the release of the blockbuster film Prometheus – which references in Greek mythology and the epic story of how Prometheus had stolen fire from the gods in order to give it to man. The film outlines a narrative of how the human race engineered, and our DNA was “seeded” here hundreds of thousands of years ago by advanced ‘Ancient Astronaut’ extra-terrestrial visitors.
   •   
   •   Director Ridley Scott, told Hollywood Reporter:
   •   
   •   “NASA and the Vatican agree that it is almost mathematically impossible that we can be where we are today without there being a little help along the way … That’s what we’re looking at (in the film), at some of Eric Von Daniken’s ideas of how did we humans come about.”
   •   
   •   
   •   The Abydos carvings showing a helicopter and other futuristic Vehicles Located in the Temple of Seti The First – Abydos, Egypt
   •   
Esoteric website Vigilant Citizen explains the historic religious context of the ‘Ancient Astronaut’ theory:

Proponents of the Ancient Astronauts theory claim that many ancient religious texts contain references to visitors from outer space. Two of the main works often cited are the Book of Genesis and the Book of Enoch, which both mention the existence on Earth of enigmatic giant beings named the Nephilim.
   •   The Book of Genesis mentions the presence on Earth of beings named Nephilim (the King James version uses the term Giants). These beings are described as hybrids that are the result of procreation between human females and “sons of Gods”.

“When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. (…) The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them.”
– Genesis 6:1–4 (New International Version)
   •   How little we really know about the beginnings of human life on Earth.
   •   
   •   Is this proof of ‘The Engineer’s experiment’?
   •   
   •   What we are seeing in the beginning is the creation of Earth. The giant ship (which is different from the ring-shaped one we see later in the film, weirdly) has landed on Earth to drop off the Engineer so that he can terraform the planet and make it sustainable for life. We think he drinks the black goo to break down his own structure and spread life on Earth through his own DNA, but that doesn’t really explain his surprise while he’s disintegrating (and if the Engineers do have the same DNA as us, it’s hard to say why the Engineers had to be broken down in order to create humanity) – See more at: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Prometheus-Explained-Unraveling-Unanswered-Questions-31317.html#sthash.JCDhRTmI.dpuf
   •   What we are seeing in the beginning is the creation of Earth. The giant ship (which is different from the ring-shaped one we see later in the film, weirdly) has landed on Earth to drop off the Engineer so that he can terraform the planet and make it sustainable for life. We think he drinks the black goo to break down his own structure and spread life on Earth through his own DNA, but that doesn’t really explain his surprise while he’s disintegrating (and if the Engineers do have the same DNA as us, it’s hard to say why the Engineers had to be broken down in order to create humanity) – See more at: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Prometheus-Explained-Unraveling-Unanswered-Questions-31317.html#sthash.JCDh
   •   
   •   
   •   Mystery of our 145 ‘alien’ genes: Scientists discover some DNA is NOT from our ancestors – and say it could change how we think about evolution
   •   
   •   • Study challenges views that evolution relies solely on genes passed down
   •   • Instead says we acquired essential ‘foreign’ genes from microorganisms
   •   
   •   Mark Prigg
   •   Daily Mail
   •   
   •   Humans contain ‘alien’ genes not passed on from our ancestors, researchers have discovered.
   •   
   •   The say we acquired essential ‘foreign’ genes from microorganisms co-habiting their environment in ancient times.
   •   
   •   The study challenges conventional views that animal evolution relies solely on genes passed down through ancestral lines – and says the process could still be going on.
   •   
   •   The research published in the open access journal Genome Biology focuses on the use of horizontal gene transfer, the transfer of genes between organisms living in the same environment.
   •   
   •   ‘This is the first study to show how widely horizontal gene transfer (HGT) occurs in animals, including humans, giving rise to tens or hundreds of active ‘foreign’ genes,’ said lead author Alastair Crisp from the University of Cambridge.
   •   
   •   ‘Surprisingly, far from being a rare occurrence, it appears that HGT has contributed to the evolution of many, perhaps all, animals and that the process is ongoing, meaning that we may need to re-evaluate how we think about evolution.’…
   •   
   •   Continue this story at the Mail Online
   •   
   •   READ MORE ANCIENT HISTORY NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Ancient History Files
   •   -
   •   
   •   
   •   
   •   
   •   
   •   Filed Under: Featured, International News, Sci-Tech Tagged With: Ancient Aliens, ancient history, DNA, Hollywood
   •   
   •   Subscribe to 21WIRE
   •   
   •   
   •   Trending on 21WIRE
   •    Discovery of 'Alien' DNA in Human Genome Challenges Darwin's Theory

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Discovery of ‘Alien’ DNA in Human Genome Challenges Darwin’s Theory

Thanks much, ilinda.  I have included that headline and link in my daily report to friends and family.  One comment:

That information does not challenge the theory of evolution, only the hypotheses that it is the sole cause of speciation.  Evolution does happen, but so did (and does?) interventions and hybridizations.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Thanks much, ilinda.  I have included that headline and link in my daily report to friends and family.  One comment:

That information does not challenge the theory of evolution, only the hypotheses that it is the sole cause of speciation.  Evolution does happen, but so did (and does?) interventions and hybridizations.

Thanks ilinda and Jim for your interesting posts... Jimfarmer I agree with all you have said...evolution happens with other events occurring as well...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Thanks ilinda and Jim for your interesting posts... Jimfarmer I agree with all you have said...evolution happens with other events occurring as well...
I think we all agree that evolution does happen, but there is more to it than what Darwin told us, or more specifically more has happened that we've been led to believe.

Probably the easiest way to watch evolution in action is overuse antibiotics and see how those bacteria evolve from an original population of bacteria, most of which are susceptible to a given antibiotic.  Now keep dosing and dosing that bacterial population with the same antibiotic and pretty soon those rare individual bacteria that are not affected by the antibiotic will continue to multiply, as always, while the susceptible ones die, and soon you have a huge population of what was once a tiny fraction of the whole.  Evolution in action, and this can occur in microorganisms in short order.

You guys already know this (!), but some readers out there might not.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Another interesting article on genetic studies, this one only relating to Icelandic peoples, so it may be a bit more restricted and not as all-encompassing as a study that includes many ethnic types:
 The father of all humans lived 239,000 years ago

Huge Icelandic study provides insight into the genome of a nation

By Arielle Duhaime-Ross
    on March 25, 2015 03:26 pm
    Email
    @ArielleDRoss

By sequencing the genomes of 2,636 Icelanders — the largest set ever obtained from a single population — researchers were able to identify that genetic mutations play a role in everything from Alzheimer’s disease to liver disease. The Icelandic data also suggest that humanity’s most recent common male ancestor, the "father" of us all, would have lived between 174,000 and 321,000 years ago.

""insight into the sequence of the genome of an entire nation.""

"What we have is a fairly detailed insight into the sequence of the genome of an entire nation," says Kari Stefansson, a neurologist and co-author of four studies published in Nature Genetics today. He's also the CEO of biopharmaceutical company deCode, which partly funded the work. "This is a reasonably large step toward understanding how human diversity is dictated by diversity in the sequence of DNA."

The estimate for the most recent common male ancestor contradicts some past findings. A 2013 study from the University of Arizona estimated that the age of the father of all humans is about 340,000 years old. But the Icelandic analysis indicates he probably lived about 239,000 years ago — a number that’s much closer to the estimate for humanity’s most recent common female ancestor, who lived about 200,000 years ago. "[Humans] are curious about where we came from, and how we became the way we are," says Agnar Helgason, a genetic anthropologist at the University of Iceland and a co-author of the common ancestor study published today. "And this gives us a bit more information about when."

From an evolutionary standpoint, older species have more time to develop mutations that differentiate individuals, or populations, from one another. That means the age of the human species is also related to how diverse humans are as a whole.

" 8,000 Icelanders who have a least one gene that’s completely mute"

Scientists also used the Icelandic data to identify 8,000 Icelanders who have a least one gene that’s completely mute, meaning that it doesn’t function at all. Genes associated with people's sense of smell were muted most often, but the researchers found 1,171 silenced genes overall. "We now have an insight into [human silenced genes] — how frequently do you encounter individuals who have all variants of a gene knocked out." That number is about 7.7 percent of Icelanders, Stefansson says.

The size of these studies is impressive. But that doesn’t mean that they were perfectly designed. The people whose genomes were used in the muted gene paper, for instance, were taken from past disease studies, says Andrew Allen, a geneticist at Duke University who didn’t take part in the studies. This means that the "sample studied is not exactly healthy, is somewhat opportunistic, and probably doesn’t correspond to any ‘real’ population."

"Sample studied "probably doesn’t correspond to any ‘real’ population.""

Moreover, the "Icelandic population has a rather unusual demographic history," Allen says. The country is relatively isolated, with just 320,000 inhabitants. Their ancestors had little contact with outsiders until recently. This makes it hard to evaluate whether the findings are related to some kind of selection process for genes that enhanced human survival over time, or something else, like the size of the Icelandic population.

Stefansson says that the results should still be representative of people in other areas, however. "The Icelandic population doesn’t meet any of the criteria for inbreeding," he says. "The 7.7 percent is likely to be similar in other populations."

Still, the study could yield helpful information about the location of genes that might be less susceptible to this loss of function, Allen says. And even larger studies of this type will go a long way toward figuring out the genetic patterns at finer scales and validating the findings.

Now that the studies have been published, the scientists must decide whether they will provide the study participants with information about their genomes and their genetic risk for various diseases. "When we started our work, the whole world was convinced that these results should not be returned to the participants." Stefansson says. But "in Iceland, just like everywhere else, people have been developing ideas about what is right and what is wrong." Those views have been changing, even though the goal of making discoveries for science haven't. "I’m convinced that the Icelandic society will begin to use our data, together with the health care system," he says. "I think it is the view of most people that it is the only ethical thing to do."

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Interesting stuff!  :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2013/02/10-lost-cities-and-mythical-civilisations-of-the-ancient-world/

10 Lost Cities and Mythical Civilisations of the Ancient World

In Global, Top Lists, Travel & Living   / By Morris M   / 22 February 2013   

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
Re: Ancient technological societies on this planet - theories, evidence, etc.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 05:40:47 AM »
I found a few interesting videos I thought I would share with you all.  Hope you enjoy them!  :D

ANCIENT 12,000 yr old Secret TUNNEL SYSTEMS Stretching from Scotland to Mediterranean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Tak7uEYJ8

Documentary ANCIENT MAN MADE TUNNELS Underground Civilizations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We3_Y3-sSyo

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 05:47:18 AM »
And just one more for today, Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!  :D

PREHISTORIC HUMANS IN THE NEW WORLD AMAZING ANCIENT HISTORY || History Documentary Channel
History Documentary Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HpjBri1rMk

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 01:59:50 AM »
Enlightenme, I just saw your posts with these videos! Definitely want to view these.
:)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 03:44:06 PM »
Same here.  Oh my, so many links, so little time...