Author Topic: How To Get Your Spouse to Become Preparedness Minded  (Read 10484 times)

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: How To Get Your Spouse to Become Preparedness Minded
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 05:47:24 AM »
I would like to have Rawles as a neighbor in Montana, he is in the small fraction of one percent that are prepared for almost anything that is thrown his way. He has other books that are great for info. as well, check his Amazon author page. Two was only a disappointment because it did not measure up to #1  and I liked three even less. They are all on the same time line, two develops characters and takes them nowhere, and three just fills in a little of the characters from the first in both I kept waiting for the story to get the blood pumping with some excitement, if it was there I did not notice it. Note the second book started well and had good characters  it just did not mesh as well as I had hoped. Other reviews noted similar thoughts as well  but to each their own some people may like them, the book The Patriots was worth the cost of all three.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 09:21:22 AM »
I would like to have Rawles as a neighbor in Montana, he is in the small fraction of one percent that are prepared for almost anything that is thrown his way. He has other books that are great for info. as well, check his Amazon author page. Two was only a disappointment because it did not measure up to #1  and I liked three even less. They are all on the same time line, two develops characters and takes them nowhere, and three just fills in a little of the characters from the first in both I kept waiting for the story to get the blood pumping with some excitement, if it was there I did not notice it. Note the second book started well and had good characters  it just did not mesh as well as I had hoped. Other reviews noted similar thoughts as well  but to each their own some people may like them, the book The Patriots was worth the cost of all three.

That's good to know...
Thanks,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 11:22:50 PM »
The only advice I could offer, if your spouse is not preparedness - minded would be to do these things:

•   Have a weekly financial planning session.
•   Do a simple budget
•   In the food budget, include an emergency supply pantry.
•   Everyone on this planet has to know it is necessary to “put something by,” whether it be money, food clothing or firewood.
•   If your spouse cannot see this, try harder to get in control of the planning.
•   Start setting aside something even if only a few canned goods.
•   Stay strong.

Just a few ideas to start.
Please join in on the discussion...

NativeMom72

• Global Moderator
  • ...just Breathe...
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 08:26:01 PM »
The only advice I could offer, if your spouse is not preparedness - minded would be to do these things:

•   Do a simple budget
•   Everyone on this planet has to know it is necessary to “put something by,” whether it be money, food clothing or firewood.
•   If your spouse cannot see this, try harder to get in control of the planning.
•   Stay strong.

I feel that these are great ideas! As things are with today's economy (rising cost of just about everything, layoffs, etc) implementing these suggestions are necessary, in general.
I would like to add maybe:

• taking a class in water conservation (or watching a video on how to)
  • starting a garden

Hope this helps!
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye.”
― Miyamoto Musashi  (1584 –1645)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »

•   Do a simple budget
•   Stay strong.

I feel that these are great ideas! As things are with today's economy (rising cost of just about everything, layoffs, etc) implementing these suggestions are necessary, in general.
I would like to add maybe:

• taking a class in water conservation (or watching a video on how to)
  • starting a garden

Hope this helps!

pbutter, I like your added ideas.  :)
You will do well with these Boards, as with all the others...
Yowbarb