Author Topic: Your People, Your Problem  (Read 11854 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Your People, Your Problem
« on: July 16, 2010, 07:26:29 AM »
This Topic is for Members to share their personal stories about the people they are close to who they would like to help. Linda already has a Board on Spousal Issues but this is another place to post about your people - the types of relationships you have, categories of relationships and people; any ideas, problems, suggestions you may have.
(This is regarding communicating about the future events.)
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Deathanyl

• Prolific Member
Re: Your People, Your Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 10:44:26 AM »
This Topic is for Members to share their personal stories about the people they are close to who they would like to help. Linda already has a Board on Spousal Issues but this is another place to post about your people - the types of relationships you have, categories of relationships and people; any ideas, problems, suggestions you may have.
(This is regarding communicating about the future events.)
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Does anyone here have a family member or close friend they want to save who is in a prison or hospital, or like institution, What is your plans for them when Chaos comes?
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

neoslim

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 01:20:17 PM »
Well as much as I care for my friends and family I figure they all have their own families, that is to say the people living in their house with them. I live with my parents and I plan to help them as best I can. They are not old enough to be considered senior citizens though I think they both get the senior citizen discounts wherever they go, but at the same time they are certainly not young. Older middle aged I would say. I've gotten my mother more mentally prepared for this thing more so than my father who quite frankly doesn't believe in 2012 at all. However I see my mother struggling a little more as she isn't an outdoors type of person and I don't think will be able to handle the elements of survival, whereas my father who is already somewhat practical will become even more practical when people's lives are at stake, and I can certainly see him resorting to living outdoors if it meant his survival. I would like to keep both parents safe but I dont know for how long, or what the circumstances are. I plan to head northwest as soon as disaster strikes but I'm not sure if the folks would be all too enthusiastic about leaving the house. It might be a challenge. As for the rest of my family whom I love and care about I can only say that how they choose to survive or what they do is up to them. Remember folks we are talking about a scenario in which millions of people are dying daily and in the span of a few years we are talking billions of people dying from disasters both man made and natural. So the chances that we may be one of those people is certainly great considering it's billions of people who are said to perish.

svisioner

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 07:29:00 AM »

I have reconciled myself that there will be those who I love who will not be here after the cataclysm and there is nothing I can do about it.

We have spoken to many people looking to bug out but can't because a spouse,  children, grand children, friends etc think they are crazy or just can't let go of their old life.
 Here is some real good advice, be a path finder, by this I mean if you are getting ready have a bug out place storage food etc at least let them know that you are ready and have made plans for their arrival. Of course they will tell you that they are not interested and not to bother, but at least they know.
It's the only thing I can think of doing to make it seem OK to me to survive. We told my sister in TN that she and her family were welcome here and she said " Oh Danny thats not going to be necessary, we like TN just fine". But at least she knows, and even if she never comes here she'll know that she had the opportunity to join us.

Other than that I know of no other way to deal with it.

Crossing over will be a bitter sweet time

Peace
Dan

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »

I have reconciled myself that there will be those who I love who will not be here after the cataclysm and there is nothing I can do about it.

We have spoken to many people looking to bug out but can't because a spouse,  children, grand children, friends etc think they are crazy or just can't let go of their old life.
 Here is some real good advice, be a path finder, by this I mean if you are getting ready have a bug out place storage food etc at least let them know that you are ready and have made plans for their arrival. Of course they will tell you that they are not interested and not to bother, but at least they know.
It's the only thing I can think of doing to make it seem OK to me to survive. We told my sister in TN that she and her family were welcome here and she said " Oh Danny thats not going to be necessary, we like TN just fine". But at least she knows, and even if she never comes here she'll know that she had the opportunity to join us.

Other than that I know of no other way to deal with it.

Crossing over will be a bitter sweet time

Peace
Dan

Dan, what you have posted lines up with my reality very much. Awhile  ago in (one of these rejection topics) I had posted that mentally my only solution is to do what I can to prepare and inform people the place is there for them too... Literally will send maps and keys and so on if I am able to pull  it off.  In time that may change...people may join in on the effort.
Thanks
Yowbarb

GEMUNIS

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 01:05:13 PM »
I would like to let everyone know, that  the earth shifted from it's axis 3 inches, after the (CHILE EARTHQUAKE).

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 10:39:43 PM »
This Topic is for Members to post their thoughts, experiences with family and friends, when they try to discuss the coming times.
You can post here your questions on what other people are going through as they try to prepare and try to help others prepare.
What happens when you try to get family members to relocate to safer ground, for example.
Frustrations, disappointments, ideas, and also good things which may be happening. 
All The Best,
Barb Townsend
Topic Administrator

Image I call this "A gathering of people." To give proper credit, this is not my photo.
photographer Jay Janner
(This is a large annual gathering on the outskirts of Austin, TX called Eyeore's Birthday party, to raise funds for non - profit and charity organizations.)
page  http://jayjanner.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/peace-love-and-eeyore/
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:42:26 AM by Yowbarb »

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »
Barb, those images make me happy.  :)

My mother and grandmother will be the biggest challenges.  My mother's take:  "Even if something happens, I don't want to leave my home".
My grandmother is 78 with diabetes and cardiac history.  But there's no way I could abandon her if we had to leave, even if she insisted on staying.
The ex-husband is on board, for our daughter's sake, and has assisted me with picking up the bug-out vehicle and food supply. 
My step-dad would laugh things off if I mentioned it to him now, but I think he'll be cooperative and helpful when SHTF. 
That's about it for my "group".
I'm not factoring in my boyfriend yet, although things are really good with us, who knows what the future holds.  He is respectful of my ex and vice-versa, has two brothers, and a dad with property in AZ with goats, chickens, etc... so them + my group, I think we could make it.  Only time will tell...

I have a book at home about defending yourself and family during crisis.  It has an interesting section about personality types and how they would react in crisis-like situations... I'll try to post some of it to this thread later.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 02:44:31 PM »
Barb, those images make me happy.  :)

My mother and grandmother will be the biggest challenges.  My mother's take:  "Even if something happens, I don't want to leave my home".
My grandmother is 78 with diabetes and cardiac history.  But there's no way I could abandon her if we had to leave, even if she insisted on staying.
The ex-husband is on board, for our daughter's sake, and has assisted me with picking up the bug-out vehicle and food supply. 
My step-dad would laugh things off if I mentioned it to him now, but I think he'll be cooperative and helpful when SHTF. 
That's about it for my "group".
I'm not factoring in my boyfriend yet, although things are really good with us, who knows what the future holds.  He is respectful of my ex and vice-versa, has two brothers, and a dad with property in AZ with goats, chickens, etc... so them + my group, I think we could make it.  Only time will tell...

I have a book at home about defending yourself and family during crisis.  It has an interesting section about personality types and how they would react in crisis-like situations... I'll try to post some of it to this thread later.

BuddhaKitty I enjoyed your post and I thank you for sharing that. Sounds like you are doing better than most,
as far as having some people with you.  :D  sounds like a couple good men and keepers.
Your post is interesting because Marshall had a show called, Coping with 2012 Anger and Violence —
William von Holst
Link: http://yowusa.com/radio/cttc/2011/cttc-0211-132/1.shtml
Show #132
Host: Marshall Masters
13-February-2011 [00:52:38]]

Coping with 2012 Anger and Violence — William von Holst

YowRadio.comA big concern for those in awareness, is what happens the day the unaware – become violently aware. Or more to the point, how will those in awareness today, navigate this dangerous span of time? With this in mind, we ask, could the philosophy of The Jedi Order featured in then Star Wars films work here? Could it serve us as a viable personal tool, for coping with 2012 anger and violence?

Yes it can, says William von Holst, editor of Planetary Transformation by Imre Vallyon. He sees real benefits in the Jedi philosophy for all those intent on fighting for their lives, in the days to come. That by adopting the mindset of a 2012 Jedi Knight, we enchance our chances of living to see the backside of the tribulation, and beyond.

William is a cultural liaison and editor with a passion for finding common ground and teaches at a fusion mystery school in the San Francisco Bay area. His passion is to find new connections between Eastern and Western philosophies, relating to current times and Earth changes.

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »
I can't wait to listen to that.  Looks like this evening's program is: wrap xmas presents, watch "trive", then listen to broadcast!

Plantman40

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 07:09:23 AM »
What a Topic.
  I have been announcing to friends and family for many, many years of things coming. For the most part, they think I'm crazy. Some see and don't want to do anything. Or just don't care. What scares me is when the SHTF, they'll be looking for me to help them. I will do all that I can but how can you keep the sanity in your friends and family or even yourself? I've been preparing for several years. They have not. So I've came to the conclusion in telling them..."An Emergency on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part. I repeat this to them many times in a conversation. There will be so many people, friends, family, etc. that will just be plain crazy wanting to abuse my resources, or just take what they can. I am prepared to leave my present location. Did a dry run with Hurricane Irene.
  We all have people we have tried to open up to what is coming and we all will have the same scenerio. What do you plan to do when this situation happens and they are pounding on your door or even trying to break in or even wanting kill you to survive? Chaos. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a point that I'm tired of trying to explain what is coming, yet I still do. I pray for these. I've read in the Scripture that you can move mountains with prayer. I've also been told that you better bring a shovel.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »
Buddakitty:

I would be most interested to know the title and author of the book you are describing in your post.  And don't worry about your mother, she will come with you when it is time.

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 09:37:23 AM »
Buddakitty:

I would be most interested to know the title and author of the book you are describing in your post.  And don't worry about your mother, she will come with you when it is time.

Endtimesgal, I'll try to remember to post the title and author tonight, and some snippets from the book if I have the time... must have slipped my mind from last post... sorry!

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 08:42:30 PM »
Buddakitty:

Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Holding-Your-Ground-Preparing-Defense/dp/0615497551/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328589353&sr=8-1

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 08:13:07 AM »
Budakitty:  Thanks for the info on the book, it looks really good!