Author Topic: Your People, Your Problem  (Read 11300 times)

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
Re: Your People, Your Problem
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »
Anytime   :)

yogiguru

• stringers
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 06:59:40 AM »
Hi all. New to this board. I found about Planet X a few years ago. At first I thought people were nuts. Then something changed.

I was in my yard Oct 2011in South FL. I just happened to look up and saw a MASSIVE planet. It was not the moon. It had a light  baby blue color. It was 3 times the size of the moon. I stood there for about 5 minutes. I'm bummed I didn't have my camera with me. My jaw dropped. Now everything made sense.

I'm grateful my DH is on board. We normally go to FL for the winter. We're going to sell that home and get out of FL. After my sighting we both researched P!anet X. My DH retired 6 months later. His boss was shocked. He could not tell him the reason. He would be mocked and they would not believe him anyway.

Neither side of our families believe us and think we are nuts. Thank God my DH is on board. I would be all alone.

I am SO glad I found this board. It is so good to see I am not alone.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:35:23 PM by yogiguru »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 08:26:11 AM »
Hi all. New to this board. I found about Planet X a few years ago. At first I thought people were nuts. Then something changed.

I was in my yard Oct 2011in South FL. I just happened to look up and saw a MASSIVE planet. It was not the moon. It had a light baby baby blue color. It was 3 times the size of the moon. I stood there for about 5 minutes. I'm bummed I didn't have my camera with me. My jaw dropped. Now everything made sense.

I'm grateful my DH is on board. We normally go to FL for the winter. We're going to sell that home and get out of FL. After my sighting we both researched P!anet X. My DH retired 6 months later. His boss was shocked. He could not tell him the reason. He would be mocked and they would not believe him anyway.

Neither side of our families believe us and think we are nuts. Thank God my DH is on board. I would be all alone.

:)
Welcome to the Town Hall, yogiguru! I am so glad to hear your DH is with you. That can make all the difference in the world.
Thank you for your fascinating post!
Barb Townsend (Yowbarb)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 08:29:28 AM »

I was in my yard Oct 2011 in South FL. I just happened to look up and saw a MASSIVE planet. It was not the moon. It had a light baby baby blue color. It was 3 times the size of the moon. I stood there for about 5 minutes. I'm bummed I didn't have my camera with me. My jaw dropped. Now everything made sense.

If you are interested in trying to do some observing and capturing images from webcams or your own photos please send me a message. I will add you to the Town Hall group which does that ("Stringers.")

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
Welcome yogiguru, I found your post fascinating to say the least and I am wishing I could see it for myself.  You are so fortunate to have your husband on board, makes everything much easier.

yogiguru

• stringers
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »
I remember the night I saw this blue planet. It was on a Tuesday on a balmy Florida night. I was just taking the clothes off the clothesline and it was still light out, but near twilight. I wasn't even looking for it. I just happened to look up and saw this huge baby blue planet. It all tied together then.

My in-laws and my family are naive. They think the government or NASA would never lie to them. They believe the global warming theory and feel that if we just use less gasoline and reduce our carbon footprint this weird weather would stop. It's an exercise in futility to talk to them.

If you don't listen, you'll have to feel. That's all I can say about our families.

All I can do is prepare and pray.

I do like the trench idea. That is something we're going to start working on very soon.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:37:48 PM by yogiguru »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 05:46:32 PM »
I remember the night I saw this blue planet. It was on a Tuesday on a balmy Florida night. I was just taking the clothes off the clothesline and it was still light out, but near twilight. I wasn't even looking for it. I just happened to look up and saw this huge baby blue planet. It all tied together then.

My in-laws and my family are naive. They think the government or NASA would never lie to them. They believe the global warming theory and feel that if we just use less gasoline and reduce our carbon footprint this weird weather would stop. It's an exercise in futility to talk to them.

If you don't listen, you'll have to feel. That's all I can say about our families.

All I can do is prepare and pray.

I do like the trench idea. That is something we're going to start working on very soon.

I really appreciate your post. I'm glad you are now one of the Stringers
(Observers contributing images and ideas.)
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 04:42:44 PM »
Just a few ideas worth considering from the site, Prep Happy.
- Yowbarb
...............................................................................................

Prep Happy link: http://prephappy.com/

http://prephappy.com/prepping/preparing-the-unprepared-5-ways-to-help-your-loved-ones-move-towards-preparedness/

Preparing the Unprepared: 5 Ways To Help Your Loved Ones
by Nancy Smith, Happy Prepper

Many of us have loved ones who are rigidly unprepared. To us, they seem to have their heads in the sand and anytime you share with them what you are doing and where you are with your preps, they roll their eyes (figuratively, if not literally) and bury their heads even deeper.

We worry for them. We pray for them. We want to help.

I’m not saying, by any means, to give up discussing becoming prepared with loved ones. An honest-to-goodness discussion is always the best, but if that’s just not working, trying a different approach just might open some doors. You may be the kind of person that responds to challenges head-on, but not everyone is the same way. The light that turned on for you and  originally motivated you to take action and become a “prepper” or “survivalist” may cause another person to become  petrified into denial and inaction.

Outside of an honest, straightforward conversation on the topic, what can a prepared person do for those he or she loves? Here’s 5 ideas to consider:

1. Shut up about it already.

They aren’t buying what you’re selling, and if you find that they bury their heads even deeper when you discuss TEOTWAWKI or post-SHTF with them, then it’s time to stop. Stop sending them news articles, stop talking politics, stop talking about the canned ham and pinto beans. You’re scaring them. And some folks respond to being scared by retreating instead of confronting what’s scaring them to make it better. You don’t want to make it worse. Instead, try #2.

2. Tread lightly by only discussing easy-to-envision threats.

After you’ve given sufficient time with #1, and you feel it’s safe to talk about being prepared again, do so in safer terms. There’s a very real threat of a major earthquake, tornado, or hurricane (or all 3) at any time in any part of the world. Talk about being prepared for a likely natural disaster in your area. Discuss basics like first aid kits and water. This is all especially helpful to discuss in the wake of a crisis, such as a hurricane like Sandy. But tread lightly and don’t stay in conversation too long, as it could go back to TEOTWAWKI too fast.

3. Prepare for them.

If you care enough about them that should the SHTF, that you’d never turn them away when they are in need, quietly include them in your preparations. Don’t tell them about it: you can still hold out the hope that at some point, they’ll understand and become prepared themselves. But if it comes down to it, your year’s supply of food in your storage won’t last if you don’t include those who you can’t turn away. So prepare food in long-term storage for them. At least you can all eat beans and rice together.

4. Turn prepping into playing.

Do you have a brother who likes to shoot guns? Get some ammo and treat him to some range time. Do you have a sister-in-law who enjoys canning? Plan a day of canning – you bring the produce, and together, you can can up a lot of goodies. Have some playtime with the kids by making some root beer from scratch. Some other areas you can enjoy together as “non-prepper” hobbies: gardening, self-defense, knitting, sewing, making  beer and wine, cheese-making, etc.

5. Give them a clever “gift” to help them see the happy side of preparedness

For me, “prepping” is mostly a happy way of life. I feel less stressed because with every skill or “prep” my family acquires, we’re safer and more secure. Your loved ones don’t know this happiness yet. So share it with them in the form of a gift. Give them a case of something yummy for their birthday or for a holiday. If your loved ones are big coffee drinkers, get them a boatload of coffee – like 6 months worth. If they like chocolate, get them a case or two of it. Let them enjoy that feeling of having a stockpile of something they enjoy, and with any luck, they next time they need coffee, they’ll ask you “hey, I’m getting down to my last bit of coffee – where did you get that case of it you got me for my birthday?” instead of running out to the store for a pound.

Show your loved ones the happiness of being prepared, and they’ll be more likely to start coming along for the wild ride we all seem to be on. It doesn’t all have to be doom and gloom; there is real pleasure and peace-of-mind in being prepared. Share this with others, be a beacon of light (or a solar-battery-operated torch of light), and others will follow.

Now it’s your turn! Have you successfully helped a loved one who was once totally unprepared? How did you do it? Please share and help us all. :)

All the best,

Nancy

Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/werkman/  Head In The sand by Peter Werkman

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2013, 08:47:30 AM »
Found out last night that my oldest daughter who claims she is not a believer, does not want to discuss it, etc, is secretly researching things regarding PX.  She says she has researched "two suns in the sky".  I did not pursue the subject with her and she did not elaborate.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 10:19:38 PM »
Found out last night that my oldest daughter who claims she is not a believer, does not want to discuss it, etc, is secretly researching things regarding PX.  She says she has researched "two suns in the sky".  I did not pursue the subject with her and she did not elaborate.

Endtimesgal, belated reply to your post.
 :)
That is really a great thing. Well done and you probably did the wisest thing, not asking her to discuss it.
Some people just naturally don't say much about their plans, at first...
Well done...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »
Yowbarb Note:
There is one of my daughters who I avoided discussing PX or disasters with due to the intense nature of her work and I didn't want to upset the apple cart with her. When we had a Mom - and - kids - and 3 grandkids reunion for my birthday recently I finally did broach the subject - albeit almost superficially in the car with her new hubby. She and hubby are already inland with a lot of resources and a group for survival...water source, etc. I didn't name PX. I just said it is important for me to let my kids know I feel we need a survival location, farther north and inland. Note: They had just gone north where his family is and it happened to be a state I have been considering so I mentioned that.

Background to this: Every other kid I have said some things about PX on and off over the years and my dream of survival land. I mentioned it in passing when our Colorado land was going up for sale. When the decision was being made...My mother and one bro felt it should be sold that things were that tough we kids needed the cash. First to admit I needed the cash but I did briefly communicate that  with the game, water, firewood and being inland it might keep our whole extended family alive, if anything happened. I may or may not have said PX but we have all grown up under the threat of H - bombs and more recently - economic collapse, so saying that we might need a survival haven wasn't so far fetched. Bro didn't tell me I was full of it, which was a modicum of progress but the land got sold anyway. That would have been my shot to get land then but I was so broke and at least two of my kids needing help at the time...well that money didn't last forever. It did help us...

RE my grandkids my two grandsons who live locally were watching 2012 with rapt attention, the kind of attention I pay to a film like that. At the time, I couldn't resist saying to them, "Boys I feel this really could happen." Shocked silence but they seemed to agree. They are very aware bright boys...Never have spoke of PX to them...

As far as granddaughter she may move to our area and from there I can have her go to survival area with us... when it exists. Sorry if this is too lengthy.

The main point is: Just now I replied to a group email from my UK daughter and then said it again - survival land. My kids don't follow me in lock step by any means and I don't know where this will lead - but at least I did send it out.
This is what I sent... Not the best but it is breaking through a minor barrier I have had in my head. I am the tin foil hat, for sure but none of my kids has told me I am full of it. Fingers Crossed.  :) My sent email edited.

Hi Pretty One!
Thanks for the good message. So glad the flights went well – I assume no delays for Haley, either. I missed that IM U sent out letting us know Haley touched down safe and sound, but Gab told me.
Glad U will skype with Haley soon. If there is nothing tying her there and it is tough there and U will be leaving to come here -  then, by all means Haley come on down!
Very true – it’s harder for us to be a group with people off in so many places in the world. 
My short range goals a bit different  I want to head north for a couple trips and try to locate some survival land where we can all get to in a several hour drive. I honestly feel there will be some occasion when we need to get to higher ground and inland. Ebay offers acreage sometimes just a few hundred dollars and a monthly payment. I am interested in some reinforce concrete geodesic domes... Leave it to Mom to be off in another direction...I will do what I can to
Achieve that dream. Gab and I did a ten plus hour trip to Tennessee it was part vacation part bugout drill.
It was a valuable drive.
I recommend everyone work hard put some money aside and try to help set up a survival spot.
Love,
Mom

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 02:52:04 PM »
Barb:  Sounds like you are handling this issue well, good luck in your planning.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2014, 02:56:41 PM »
Barb:  Sounds like you are handling this issue well, good luck in your planning.

Endtimesgal, I appreciate the kind words and good thoughts... :)
I feel I have so far to go - but sometimes people make progress in leaps and bounds rather than baby steps...
We shall see. BTW - as you know 5 kids, three grandkids; one new son - in - law and one new daughter's man so it was quite a get - together! 11 of us.
Now if 5 hadn't been smokers it would have been heaven but I couldn't just sit and have long conversations someone either had to go away from me or I had to duck back inside. Can't handle the smoke. I told them all they know what I want for my birthday so for ___ sake stop smoking. Wonderful though...  :)