Author Topic: More "Apocalypse" on History and H2 Channels  (Read 18230 times)

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
More "Apocalypse" on History and H2 Channels
« on: July 30, 2010, 12:37:30 PM »
Did anyone see "After Apocalypse" on the History Channel on (I think) Tuesday night (the 27th)?  Two hours of survival and getting out of big cities (LA). The catastrophe they selected was a Flu pandemic, but it could have been any of those discussed on this board.  They went into vivid detail about the kinds of things that would happen, like roving gangs, riots, fake National Guard troops, all the rest.  They even described a "bug out bag" and a "bug out vehicle" (yes in those words.)  They detailed how to find and steal gas, food and water, how to have items for trade (barter.)  The main thing I found troubling with the story, was that once the "test case" family got outside LA, there were not many people on the roads, etc. The ones they encountered were pretty lethal, but there weren't many of them. Maybe the rest died from the flu.  The film ended with the test family happily growing vegtables in Idaho.  I've searched the History Channel website and can't find a mention of the show. I'll keep trying.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:05:12 PM by Montanabarb »

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: More "Apocalypse" on History and H2 Channels
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 03:54:52 PM »
Did anyone see "After Apocalypse" on the History Channel on (I think) Tuesday night (the 27th)?  Two hours of survival and how getting out of big cities (LA). The catastophe they selected was a Flu pandemic, but it could have been any of those discussed on this board.
snip snip
I did not see it and could not find 'After Apocalypse' on the shows for July 2010. I believe it first aired in Jan. 2010.
The Discovery Channel has a good survival show called 'The Colony'. A group of people get thrown together and they have
to work at converting things to their use. It is staged so to speak but the gist of it is that they have to make do with what
they find......................
here is the list of shows for The History Channel and the Discovery Channel.
http://www.history.com/shows
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/tv-shows.html

Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »
I am watching the Colony on Discovery Channel, my husband and I watched it last year and learned some interesting stuff. This season seems to be starting with more aggression and physical contact with intruders. There are some good tidbits of info in these shows, worth watching IMO. I still think we are being sent hints to get ourselves prepared in some way.

Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 08:27:16 AM »
I totally agree, Linda. Two days after "After Apocalypse" another show (this one a movie) used the theme of dirty bombs laden with infectious bacteria. I've forgotten the name of it. The male lead couldn't contact his wife at work, so after several hours sealed up his house and left her outside. She showed up and after much mental agony, he wouldn't unseal the house to let her in.

Tonight the History Channel is showing "Electronic Apocalypse" again.

All these shows have at least some information or thought provocation that make the brainless parts bearable. I think Hollywood does a better job of warning us than our "protectors" (the gov-mint) do.   Mtbarb

P.S. BTW I watched some of "The Colony" last season, and it seemed to be a Survival 101 course, so I missed a lot. I'll check it out again. Perhaps it would be good for some of my clueless kids.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:11:30 PM by Montanabarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »
Did anyone see "After Apocalypse" on the History Channel on (I think) Tuesday night (the 27th)?  Two hours of survival and getting out of big cities (LA). The catastophe they selected was a Flu pandemic, but it could have been any of those discussed on this board.  They went into vivid detail about the kinds of things that would happen, like roving gangs, riots, fake National Guard troops, all the rest.  They even described a "bug out bag" and a "bug out vehicle" (yes in those words.)  They detailed how to find and steal gas, food and water, how to have items for trade (barter.)  The main thing I found troubling with the story, was that once the "test case" family got outside LA, there were not many people on the roads, etc. The ones they encountered were pretty lethal, but there weren't many of them. Maybe the rest died from the flu.  The film ended with the test family happily growing vegtables in Idaho.  I've searched the History Channel website and can't find a mention of the show. I'll keep trying.

Montanabarb - I totally missed that. Really seems like some sort of heads up.
Will try to find showings.
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 11:08:40 AM »
PS RE Electronic Apocalypse
I am just not finding this show anywhere on the History Channel site.
Back later,
Yowbarb

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 12:07:02 PM »
I have both "History" and "History International." It could be the other one. I'll try to pay more attention to such details. BR

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 04:09:22 PM »
Oh, I'm so embarrassed. I was so sure of the title.  It was "After Armageddon", not "Apocalypse."  I found it on DVD on "History Channel."  It was broadcast last Tuesday, but I can't find it on the list of programs. If you're a collector, it's worth the $25.

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
Hi Barb, here is a link to watch it on youtube in 9 parts.

History Channel, After Armageddon .. 1/9

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Montanabarb

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 09:52:22 PM »
I found the other one too. I was so off-base. It was "Electronic Armageddon" about the effects of an EMP, and it aired on National Geographic channel. It's also on You-Tube.  I swear I'll do my homework before I post any more wild goose chases.

Anyway, they're both scary stuff. Electronic Armageddon made a believer out of my husband.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 11:16:24 PM »
I found the other one too. I was so off-base. It was "Electronic Armageddon" about the effects of an EMP, and it aired on National Geographic channel. It's also on You-Tube.  I swear I'll do my homework before I post any more wild goose chases.

Anyway, they're both scary stuff. Electronic Armageddon made a believer out of my husband.

Hi Montanabarb I'm back and (it's OK glad you posted the right name, then.)
If it is on You Tube that 's good.
What I found thus far is just a trailer for the show, but that's a start.
NG Electronic Armageddon Trailer
ProEvoSoccer2011
trailer from national geographic

NG Electronic Armageddon Trailer

Also please notice, everyone, Linda found one of the shows on You Tube, which Montanabarb
had referred to,
After Armageddon Parts 1-9, on You tube. It is a couple of posts above.
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:31:08 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 11:39:21 PM »

Montanabarb, again, thanks for bringing these shows to our attention. The main deal is if hubby is a believer that is good news. I am going to be having my kids and other people see these films.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »
THE NOSTRADAMUS EFFECT - All about 2012 is now on the History Channel it started about 8:30 PM take a look and try to record,
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:41:29 PM by Yowbarb »

noproblemo2

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »
If you get a chance to see it the show is Magnetic Storm, VERY informative.

augonit

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 07:24:46 AM »
When is it on?