Author Topic: Successes posted here: Someone got it!  (Read 20923 times)

family times41607

• none
Re: Successes posted here: Someone got it!
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »
  Sounds like a good team, remember it's good to be booksmart, it's better to go out and do it.  Keep going and good luck.   Good luck to all

LAUGHALOTZ

• Trusted Member
    • LAUGHALOTZ
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »
Thank you so much! Ya I know that I have lots to learn, but I'd rather get ahead of myself and start going by gut feelings about "hmmm should we get this?" or "Hmm should we do this?" To prepare for what there is to come. Best of luck to you also.
"The soul is healed by being with children."
English proverb

Aussie Leo

• Trusted Member
  • Life is our curriculum, chosen by us for us.
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2012, 11:23:17 PM »
Sat my Mum down the other day, and explained the "possibilities" of what is coming and what may occur. My parents live on the east coast of Australia, about 500 metres from the beach. Told her my plans and where I was looking to head...
She quite calmly said, "if this is what is going to happen, then I will stay here, I have lived a good and long life (she is 70 years old), I will not survive long without medication, and I will return sometime in the future". She also stated that she "knew" her time on Earth was coming to an end, now she understands how...

To me she "got it", she understood everything. She knows she will not survive long without her meds, she can hardly walk, let alone run. She is happy to have a quick passing rather than run for the hills. Most of all, she wants to be near my Father when it happens. He will not understand if I spoke to him the same as Mum, I have tryed in the past and he has always "changed the subject", he does not want to know.

I, personally am content, that my Mother knows what is going on and has made a decision based on a calm mind, not a panic stricken one at the last moment.

When I left her house that night, she kissed me, told me she loved me, and thanked me for informing her of everything I knew...

Leo

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2012, 04:48:00 AM »
Leo, Good of you to sit down and talk to your Mom about all this.  I can certainly understand and respect her decision, as I'm sure you do as well.  Good Luck to you and your family!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2012, 06:29:30 AM »
Sat my Mum down the other day, and explained the "possibilities" of what is coming and what may occur. My parents live on the east coast of Australia, about 500 metres from the beach. Told her my plans and where I was looking to head...
She quite calmly said, "if this is what is going to happen, then I will stay here, I have lived a good and long life (she is 70 years old), I will not survive long without medication, and I will return sometime in the future". She also stated that she "knew" her time on Earth was coming to an end, now she understands how...

To me she "got it", she understood everything. She knows she will not survive long without her meds, she can hardly walk, let alone run. She is happy to have a quick passing rather than run for the hills. Most of all, she wants to be near my Father when it happens. He will not understand if I spoke to him the same as Mum, I have tryed in the past and he has always "changed the subject", he does not want to know.

I, personally am content, that my Mother knows what is going on and has made a decision based on a calm mind, not a panic stricken one at the last moment.

When I left her house that night, she kissed me, told me she loved me, and thanked me for informing her of everything I knew...

Leo

Aussie Leo, that is sad - but at least you were able to communicate with your Mother fully.
I am hearing some people know and also feel strongly their time is up and won't fight it...
Blessings,
Barb Townsend