Author Topic: Planet X  (Read 2109 times)

Believing_sets_us_free

Planet X
« on: October 20, 2010, 05:14:23 AM »
Now iv just recently been sent this by i friend from south africa he is a astromoner now he claimed that this 100% real and this is just one of the comets that he exspects to hit earth surface between now and the middle of next year not got much info but also found this on nasa about this too so just to let you see the image then you can decide for your self.........
nasa info :- http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/deepimpact/main/

not sure about his image weither is real oro fake but seems that nasa has very simular picture if not the same :P

_cj_

• Prolific Member
Re: Planet X
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »
crikey - i havent heard of deep impact in a while

deep impact was a mission in the mid 90's to study a comet - it comprised of a satellite and a probe which it fired into the comet to see what debris was thrown out.  As far as i am aware it was a success - but deep impact exploded years ago.

Interestingly enough the remaining bit of the deep impact module called epoxi is still flying around taking pictures of comets - its due to fly by hartley 2 in the next few days

ok - so im a nerd  ;D

Regards,

alex

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Planet X
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 01:24:33 PM »
Following up on Believing's link gives this from http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/deepimpact/media/spitzer-di-090705.html
[start qute]
These solid ingredients include many standard comet components, such as silicates, or sand. And like any good recipe, there are also surprise ingredients, such as clay and chemicals in seashells called carbonates. These compounds were unexpected because they are thought to require liquid water to form.

"How did clay and carbonates form in frozen comets?" asked Lisse. "We don't know, but their presence may imply that the primordial solar system was thoroughly mixed together, allowing material formed near the Sun where water is liquid, and frozen material from out by Uranus and Neptune, to be included in the same body."

Also found were chemicals never seen before in comets, such as iron-bearing compounds and aromatic hydrocarbons, found in barbecue pits and automobile exhaust on Earth.
[end quote]

Well, I have a hypothesis for them:  that comet, at least, is a chip off of a planet that has surface water.  Catastrophic impacts do occur.