Author Topic: ARE WE READY?  (Read 4689 times)

donnaseesthelite

• Trusted Member
    • Oakland Airport Transportation
ARE WE READY?
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:11:17 AM »
  http://podcast.gcnlive.com/podcast/nutri_med/1029103.mp3     Are we ready for Marshall Law?  Are we ready to live without  power?  Winter is here. Do the  folks in the north have wood  heat?       Donna

Icon

Re: ARE WE READY?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 03:36:48 PM »
This is basically what others have been saying,, that being said,, lots of good info and ideas ,,, makes one wonder if we need to do more, even when we think we are ready..

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 04:42:58 PM »
You know you are ready, once you are not afraid of dying. For a moment set aside the worry of supplies, shelter and fear. Accept the fact that nature hold your destiny and it will do with you what it please.

8hertz

noproblemo2

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 04:54:17 PM »
You know you are ready, once you are not afraid of dying. For a moment set aside the worry of supplies, shelter and fear. Accept the fact that nature hold your destiny and it will do with you what it please.8hertz
I differ in my feelings here, I am not afraid to die, tho I intend to put it off as long as possible, if one does not have food, water and shelter then it will hasten your chances of an earlier demise. Yes, nature has "some" control over my destiny, but I also have a large part in my own destiny, I "choose" where I will live, what I have on hand for emergencies, nature does not do that for me. Sure if a giant Earthquake comes along or a tsunami, then there is little I can do about that, but again I have chosen to be where I am. Just my take on this.

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 05:23:06 PM »
I would then say you still clouded by you sense of choice & individuality.

8hertz

noproblemo2

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 05:29:27 PM »
I would then say you still clouded by you sense of choice & individuality.

8hertz
As I said, these are my choices, perhaps "clouded" but my hubby has had 3 mini-strokes so would not survive out of his home envirnment, so my choice is to stay for better or worse as I swore to do many years ago.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »
That is very Honorable, Susan.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 09:47:50 PM »
Hi All I just moved this Topic here to one of Linda's boards because the posts seem to be
more about
readiness in the mental or emotional sense. Spiritual preparation, too.
- YB

johnnyshoe

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »
You know you are ready, once you are not afraid of dying. For a moment set aside the worry of supplies, shelter and fear. Accept the fact that nature hold your destiny and it will do with you what it please.8hertz

Absolutley. Much respect for the wisdom of these words and the knowledge that whispers to us.

Bill

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 10:06:58 AM »
8hertz, I believe we can not change our Destiny however our fate  which I believe is how we all arrive at our Destiny is changed by the absolute smallest of things. Every second of every day we make decisions or change what we do by the smallest amount and it changes the outcome of the day or moment.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 10:34:39 AM »
8hertz, I believe we can not change our Destiny however our fate  which I believe is how we all arrive at our Destiny is changed by the absolute smallest of things. Every second of every day we make decisions or change what we do by the smallest amount and it changes the outcome of the day or moment.

Bill, thanks for your thoughts.
I tend to believe a lot of what you said, too.
Although other people's actions and or natural events can have an effect on us all, ultimately we are all creating our futures.  All the time.

I do not happen to believe that a major cataclysm such as PX could be brought about by our thoughts or avoided by thought alone - I mean yes, possible and I would not want to invalidate someone's belief in that - but not generally that's not the way we earthlings work. Not in this universe.

I do believe that the small actions do add up to whether we will be safe or not - or whether we help others to be safe or not...
Many believe the spirit is immortal -  physical survival is important to me too - and the survival of humanity, healthy children; technology, cultures, education, domestic animals, pets, plants, seeds... supplies...books, music etc.
I want all this to be carried forward in time. (I suppose I am repeating myself here.)

Just a belief the déjà vu, dreams etc. can be little clues to stop and take a look at what is happening around us.  Which fork in the road do we take at that moment? Which person or group do we befriend and which do we avoid like the plague...
What mistake did we make in some long forgotton past or time that we do not need to make again? (This could be applied to current lifetime too.) Normally in my day to day life I don't put too much attention on this - but something will grab my attention or
I have a feeling of being given a clue a little bit... whether it comes from my own mind, ultimately from spirit or from some outside guidance...

All The Best,

Yowbarb