Author Topic: Easy inexpensive ways to get stronger  (Read 25456 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Easy inexpensive ways to get stronger
« on: January 03, 2010, 10:07:10 PM »
http://planetxforecast.com/discus/messages/929/929.html   Ronnie James Topic, Survivalist Heal Thyself
There was a thread called something like, easy and inexpensive ways to get stronger.

Can..

03 January 2011 Update:  Looks like we lost part of this Topic or at least this post.
Members please post here your easy, inexpensive suggestions on how to get stronger.
Wishing you all a stronger, healthier New Year.
- Yowbarb

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:22:28 AM by Yowbarb »

Linda

• Prolific Member
Re: Easy inexpensive ways to get stronger
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 02:58:29 PM »
Personally I do strength training and stretching.  I have a few dumbells (cheap at local stores) and a couple different stretch bands. You can get a great workout with these, and you can find routines on the web for free. Climbing stairs is also a great aerobic workout. My washing machine is in the basement, so I carry laundry baskets from basement to main floor, to upstairs bedroom. My heart is a pumping after that.  ;D

Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 12:35:53 PM »
Years ago when Michael and I were together the things that helped me the most were
Warm purified water in the AM
A few slices granny smith or pippin or fuji - apples
Freshly made veg juice about twenty min -half hr after that
A leisurely stroll around in the AM
Yoga stretches about 3x per week
some trips to the gym weight bearing exercises
light jogging
jacuzzi sauna
We alternated our yoga routine - sometimes including the Five Rites - alternated these with the running and weight thing.
Bowl of whole grains slow cooked with pieces of carrot, garlic etc. and sea salt cooked in.
And/or a slowcooked jar of Aduki beans. Note: He cooked the grains and beans for us in a half filled enamel pot on a gas stove. Raw grains and beans put into glass jars. Fill rest of the way with purified water, garlic etc.  He either put a piece of carrot or garlic or ginger in each jar - YUMM!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Glass jar cooking: Bring to boil reduce heat cover and simmer. Often we would cook it all night and no problem. Regular household gas stoves good for that. Would have to practice doing that again to post a more exact recipe. The idea is start with cold water in the jars of grains or beans and cold water in the enamel pot. Let it come to a light boiil and immediately turn it down. Cover. Often Michael would start our food about eleven at night. We would get up at dawn and check it -it was fine. Turn it off and pack it and take it to work with us.
Naps when I felt it.
working part time with him - no brainer non stress work we both needed that for a time.
plenty of pm rest
cuddles - I highly recommend these
Not sure what was wrong with me but I feel like it got cured. we re-built our health (it broke down later for both of us when he had to go north
for his NWS job but we never gave up on the idea of getting healthy together.)
Another time another life but meanwhile I feel inspired to start over. One daughter
and I have a fitness membership again just across the highway so going soon.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 12:41:33 PM »
Personally I do strength training and stretching.  I have a few dumbells (cheap at local stores) and a couple different stretch bands. You can get a great workout with these, and you can find routines on the web for free. Climbing stairs is also a great aerobic workout. My washing machine is in the basement, so I carry laundry baskets from basement to main floor, to upstairs bedroom. My heart is a pumping after that.  ;D

Linda I used to do a whole lot of walking, schlepping, carrying and physical work and enjoyed it.
Did hundreds of miles on stairs from a couple places I lived and also helping my parents who had a two- story house.
Knees can't take it now so the pounds have piled up. Will try to do more.
Swimming and light housework seem like all I can do now but I am thinking yoga and tai chi will help. Oh yes you mentioned
the strength training that is a good idea no matter what.
That would help a person use their legs and knees better and take strain off of joints.
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:44:42 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 01:07:37 PM »
Another thing that seemed to really have a healing soothing affect on my body was our "vegetable feast." Seasoned with sea salt and either olive oil or Ghi (ghee, clarified butter, etc.)
Michael would take big enamel pot put purified water in it about a third of the way full.
On the bottom he would put the heaviest veges. It would either be potatoes, or some kind of turnip or daikon. Usually potatoes. He didn't eat potatoes but I found they made me feel better.
After the potatoes had started simmering he would add chopped carrots. About fifteen minutes later he would layer some cabbage or other greens, sprinkling on the sea salt then and gently stirring it. Often he would drop in some whole garlic cloves the last few minutes.
There usually wasn't much leftover water - he was good at estimating how to steam it all.
So good. The ghi made it really special.
If I were to round out the meal I'd have lightly heated Essene bread with a little cream cheese but often the veg fest did it for me.
In those days I didn't eat much sugar and the essene bread, grains and potatoes and other root vegetables handled the carb craving.  Also the daily use of complex carbs such as carrots and some carob and honey and nuts got me away from refined sugar.
I went off wheat again then and our grains were spelt, kamut, amaranth some barley and millet. Usually the spelt and kamut. Sometimes a little mixture.
The aduki beans made a meal in themselves.
Ocasionally I would stuff some chocolate in my mouth, but I only weighed 120 pounds.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:14:05 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 12:14:06 PM »
http://www.liverdoctor.com/index.php

A wealth of free healing information and videos please check it out.
Put it on my Facebook thanking my daughter for sending it to me.

Thanks again for the great alternative health and nutritional info from Dr. Sandra Cabot and also from Margaret Jasinska ND http://www.liverdoctor.com/index.php. The Liver Doctor

http://www.liverdoctor.com/index.php?page=videos&subpage=videobreast
Margaret Jasinska ND - Breast Cancer Prevention

Some of this info I knew but a lot I didn't know especially about the exact supplements which will help with underactive thyroid and/or iodine definiciecy. I had some kelp but wasn;'t using it nearly enough. Stably on it also I had the good liquid minerals and good D3 and d supplement but again wasn't taking enough. Soon will get the other supplements. Not expensive. I hope everyone in our family and all your friends will view these videos and use the info,

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 07:38:43 AM »
Stayin alive in earth changes stress:

I strongly recommend people get the kelp, selenium, multi vite minerals (I like liquid) and other substances mentioned in the Liver Doctor videos. A person doesn't have to have a diagnosis of a liver condition in order to benefit from this information. As far as I am concerned this is for everyone. These substances combat stress, help clean out and nourish the liver thyroid so everything else will function better, hence -stay alive.
BTW I am in the process of implementing these things and it's helping me. I do take a good multi vitamin and mineral liquid, 100 mg of Conzyme Q10 -CoQ10; 60 mg kelp.
Copying below a comm from my daughter in the  UK who found this info for me. A person can have an iodine deficiency or a thyroid not operating at optimum, even if lab tests are :normal" so some of my grown up kids and I have many hypothyroid symptoms.

Here are some recommended amounts you asked me for.  To start with:

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »
PS I juice nearly day with my Vitamix now including flax which is part of the program.
The juices vary
Some combinations I make for myself and my hard working Exec daughter:

Ice
small amount filtered water
A little bit OJ and/or some soymilk  - OR - some dark juice. We like cranberry grape and pomegranate best.
Couple teaspoons flax flakes
Bananas fresh or frozen slices
frozen cherries
Celery
carrots
tomatoes  (not for everyone)
and/or apples
romaine lettuce leaves/
Greek Yogurt, sometimes the low sugar fruit kind too

Tips
I get the romaine leaves nicely packaged in bulk at Costco. Just takes a rinse.
Easy to use.
(I get the little baby carrots in bulk at Costco to speed me up on the process)

PS I add the liquid vit mineral liquid
Sometimes I add the D3 liquid.
Tip for those who want to get some cod liver oil but can't abide the taste there are some natural cherry flavored ones. Have tried some - good. Also the flavor of frozen berries bananas etc. covers up a lot of the vitaminy flavors. Not everyone will want as much natural carb in their drink as we add but lots of combinations to try. The yogurt and flax sort of balance out the carb too.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:16:36 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 07:54:05 AM »
Breast cancer video
 good info on preventing it helping increase odds of survival. Very good gals who do these free videos:
http://www.liverdoctor.com/index.php?page=videos&subpage=videodanielle

and

http://www.liverdoctor.com/index.php?page=videos&subpage=videobreast

Note from daughter;
The cod liver oil I mentioned which is high in A & D is quite important for people who are overweight, because they store it in their fat instead of it being in their bloodstream where it should be preventing cancers and going the body good.

PS from me I am on special D -D3 liquid now got a good deal Costco.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 07:55:06 AM »
PS it's not terribly expensive to get these things...
A person would have to shop around for best deal to stock up.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 03:58:37 PM »
This link is to the book site where a person can get such books as The Breast Cancer Prevention Guide. This is not only for women read on below! (Men's prostate health.)

[link to www.cabothealth.com.au]

The book tells how to help prevent the disease with foods and supplements, how to prevent a recurrence, how to help the disease from spreading and increase the chance of survival. By Dr. Sandra Cabot
and Margaret Jasinska ND

Important notes
Vitamin D deficiency - which is common in the modern world - is one cause of breast and other cancers including prostate.

The chemicals which surround us are estrogen mimickers leading to these cancers.

Beneficial phytoestrogens from plants protect the cells from the onslaught of too much estrogen, whether it's from the body or the estrogen mimickers.

Overweight epidemic has a hidden danger: Vitamin D deficiency!
The vitamin D tends to be stored in the fat and not get to the bloodstream where it is needed.

Forgot to mention:
Beneficial plant phytoestrogens which protect the cells
(such as breast, ovaries and prostate)
are found in these foods:
Flaxseed you can grind it or get the flakes
Seeds
Nuts
Legumes

A lot of people, unless they are vegetarians and/or shop in the health food store will tend not to eat these foods at all!!
Buy some of these foods and eat them. It's not all about what you don't eat - add these to your diet and the diet of those you love.

Probably a lot of men who don't eat the nuts for fear of fat in their blood but some in moderation will give them quite a bit of protection from prostate cancer.

Also Beta Prostate is a great product. I recommended some to a friend and he got his numbers back into the normal range in just a month or so. It has 100 times of the ingredient found in saw palmetto, from a different plant source, blackstrap mollasses.

Men and women not so different - men also get the estrogen mimickers from the artificial chemicals in a lot of household and hygiene products and they are also deficient in Vitamin D.

They will benefit from the seeds nuts legumes and flax seed ground, the D and other substances mentioned in the films about liver health.

Image:

I take this now D3 get it at Costco good price along with the liquid vit min stuff.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wgolcGQzL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

I juice in the AM now - put some ground flax from the store right into it.

BTW Town Hall folks, if you see this same info and post on another forum it was me who put it there. This is info I got from my oldest daughter and from going to the Liver Doctor website,

- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
People used to know more about many parasites and how to gt rid of them - that seems to be true.
Most doctors will not try to prevent or treat these things and the labs will miss a lot of them.
The material covered is not the whole body of knowledge but there are a couple tips which probably do not cost much... important. Wild Oregano and also fresh raw papaya juice. Two methods.
Here are some excerpts from a site I just found which is sharing a lot of knowledge on candida, various parasites and methods of getting rid of these conditions.
http://www.livelongercleanse.com/page/dysbiosis  Live Longer Cleanse.com
Everything the rest of this post is a quote: "... the book Beating Lyme by Constance Bean, that there are only a couple of labs in the country that have microscopes powerful enough to see them, which is why 80% of the tests given for Lyme disease are false negative."

"Lyme disease is also an epidemic that is at the core of a great deal of degenerative disease of "unknown origin" and causes untold misery and suffering for countless thousands of people who may have it for decades without being given an accurate diagnosis, which is exactly what happened to me.

It is called the great immitator, for it imitates numerous diseases of "unknown origin" such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, ALS (Lou Gehring's disease), and lupus, to name a few. According to Dr. Klinghardt and others, it is also behind the rising epidemic of childhood autism. In my case, it caused what was falsely diagnosed as Rheumatoid arthritis for 25 years. As Lyme disease is caused by multiple factors, not just parasites, healing it requires an intricate and advanced protocol. For more information about how I healed it, as well as other alternative approaches, please read my general information page on Lyme disease.

To discover if parasites are the source of your symptoms, you will need to be tested by a doctor. Each type of bug needs a different kind of test as well as its own unique pharmaceutical treatment, so you may need to seek the services of a physician or naturopath to get rid of them, as healing from a bacterial or parasitic infection can be quite tricky. However, since medication comes along with a whole host of side effects, as I found out when I took Flageyl for Blastocystis Hominis, which [Flagyl] caused horrendous stomach pain, you might want to try a natural remedy first.

Ridding the body of heavy metals and environmental toxins is one way to overcome parasites. Both heavy metals and environmental toxins damage cells. Because parasites are particularly attracted to damaged flesh, when you rid the body of heavy metals and environmental toxins you deprive them of their food supply. Once they are deprived of their food supply, herbal remedies can easily kill them, but you need to know what you are doing. Best to seek the aid of a natural healer if you want to go this route.

In the book Live Food Juices, Dr. H.E. Kirschner states that a raw papaya diet is effective for killing parasites that live in your gut. As papayas, (including the seeds, which can be dried, ground, and either encapsulated or sprinkled on food),  are very high in enzymes, the enzymes are able to digest the parasites that live in your gut. The formula would be nothing but fresh, raw papaya juice for six days, followed by six days of regular vegetable juice, and then six days of papaya juice. This should also be accompanied by enemas and colonics.

In addition, wild oregano oil is reputed to kill most parasites.

Products such as Oreganol or Oregamax are excellent for this purpose. The raw oil should be diluted in olive oil so it does not irritate your skin. It can then be rubbed along the lymph nodes on either side of the spine from the base of your skull to your tail bone, which is where many viruses and parasites hide. As with all essential oils, you can also rub it on the bottom of your feet, where it will begin to effect you systemically within seconds. In addition, you can take wild oregano internally in the form of gel caps, as well as put a couple of drops of it directly under your tongue. For difficult parasites like Borrelia burgdorferi from Lyme disease, you may have to do this for many months in combination with other remedies before you see the results you want. As always, I believe a multidimensional approach is best. Again, see the page on Lyme disease for signs, symptoms, and additional ways to kill these unwanted critters.

Dr. Klinghardt, whose knowledge I highly respect, reccommends rizol oils for killing parasites. These are ozonated oils that release oxygen into your system slowly. This aids in the detoxification process. These ozonated essential oils are made out of herbs that are known for their parasite killing properties. His protocol is quite involved, extensive and intricate so it is best to view his information first-hand by going to his website."

End quote
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:29:44 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »
Yowbarb Note: I  do not know which products are best. I recommend getting a stock of anti parasite substances and some pamplets or print out directions, and keep it on hand for your group to use in the aftertimes. Even better people get as healthy as they can before the tough times ahead.

from the Liver Cleanse site - this looks like part of the solution to many hidden health problems:
" Products such as Oreganol or Oregamax are excellent for this purpose. The raw oil should be diluted in olive oil so it does not irritate your skin. It can then be rubbed along the lymph nodes on either side of the spine from the base of your skull to your tail bone, which is where many viruses and parasites hide. As with all essential oils, you can also rub it on the bottom of your feet, where it will begin to effect you systemically within seconds. In addition, you can take wild oregano internally in the form of gel caps, as well as put a couple of drops of it directly under your tongue. For difficult parasites like Borrelia burgdorferi from Lyme disease, you may have to do this for many months in combination with other remedies before you see the results you want. As always, I believe a multidimensional approach is best. Again, see the page on Lyme disease for signs, symptoms, and additional ways to kill these unwanted critters.." Susan Vaughn
Susan has shared what she has learned and refers to the websites of holistic practitioners and experts on parasttes, health. - Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 12:59:38 PM »
Again, I am not plugging any particular product or site. Here is another one to look at. Farther down is a med site.
I say if it is not terribly expensive have some products around and store some for the future.
This one is Humaworm : https://humaworm.com/RG_s_Medicated_Cream.html
and they deal with a variety of parasites and conditions.
- Yowbarb    BTW A person can order their own prescriptions and stock up all they like...
I have used this site. Not sure how much at a time you can get.
This is a common generic form of anti parasite rememdy. Presumably strong but Wikipedia said 100 mg may not do it. Best to learn how to use it. Caution with kids get doc/ advice
http://www.rx2world.com/Products2.asp?Brand=MEBEX+%28+Vermox%2C+Generic+Mebendazole+%29&T=m Mebendazole.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:04:04 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 12:20:04 PM »
Hi All speaking of ways to get stronger... preparing for the future...

I just found out something - health info of which I had a general idea but not the whole picture like this -
from a site Linda had posted. (I knew there were estrogen-mimicking chemicals in the environment.)
The knowledge of foods which trim down the belly fat could a real life saver.  Excess abdominal fat can be very dangerous,  especially if a person is under enormous stress, such as a Planet X crossover, and especially if he is caught without medicine.  When I say medicine I mean like cholesterol lowering, blood pressure med and heart meds. It has been known for a long time that a variety of vegetables helps a person's health. Now we know these specific vegetables also help eliminate too much fat on the abdomen: broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, etc.
 8)  A good thing.
- Yowbarb

http://www.naturalnews.com
http://www.truthaboutabs.com/fat-burning-veggies.html
Chemicals that force your body to hold onto belly fat
Quote from the article:Something you may have never heard about is that certain chemicals in our food supply and our environment, such as pesticides, herbicides, and certain petrochemicals from air and water pollution, household cleaners, cosmetics, etc can react with your body and make your body store excess abdominal fat.
These chemicals are known as xenoestrogens.
Xenoestrogens are chemicals that you are exposed to (and are hard to avoid in the modern world) that have an estrogenic effect in your body.  Excess exposure to these can cause hormone balance disruptions for both men and women. So these can wreak havoc in the body for both guys and gals.
These estrogenic chemicals that we are exposed to on a daily basis can stimulate your body to store belly fat, along with many other problems (including cancer risks in the long term).
So here's where this specific class of vegetables comes in handy...
One of those cool tricks that I teach my clients that hire me for nutritional counseling is the use of cruciferous vegetables to help fight against stomach fat.
Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, etc. contain very specific and unique phytonutrients such as indole-3-carbinol (I3C) that help to fight against these estrogenic compounds...
And by fighting against these belly fat stimulating estrogenic chemicals, this is just 1 more step in helping you to win the battle against abdominal fat!
So there you go... just another excuse to do what mom always told you and eat more broccoli!
I've really learned to like brussells sprouts in the last year too... Melt a little grass-fed cheese on them and some garlic and they're great!
End Quote
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:22:03 PM by Yowbarb »