Author Topic: Easy inexpensive ways to get stronger  (Read 28060 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Easy inexpensive ways to get stronger
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2017, 04:49:20 PM »
Especially good advice, yowbarb, and my favorite is the one about getting outside in the sun.  It is amazing the amount of naturally derived vitamin D3 that one can produce from just 10-20 minutes of direct sun a day.  And it doesn't HAVE to be directly overhead to stimulate the process in your skin.

Just thinking about going on in the sun on a clear day brightens the mood.

You are right about that! Thinking about going out makes me feel better...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »
Especially good advice, yowbarb, and my favorite is the one about getting outside in the sun.  It is amazing the amount of naturally derived vitamin D3 that one can produce from just 10-20 minutes of direct sun a day.  And it doesn't HAVE to be directly overhead to stimulate the process in your skin.

Just thinking about going on in the sun on a clear day brightens the mood.

Thanks, ilinda, I enjoyed writing that and it helpsed me reinforce some things I need to do regularly...
I suppose a lot of people are like me? Very disciplined for a long time...then not! Then I can really fall off the wagon or try something else...

It helps when one's mate or good friend is on a similar path... Many years ago, my Michael and I had quite a routine going and we both seemed to pull our health back from the brink of (something.) Lots of slimming down and detoxifying. Then things changed he went into the Navy Reserves and then Active duty meteorology training for awhile. Then with the NWS job. I was still raising my minor son; circumstances separated us, at least as far as living together.  Michael got sick and died... I still think it was some kind of exposure from a navy ship... I will always remember the things he taught me. The time we did have together.

It seems to vary, what I need to do. I've gone off in a really different direction now from what Michael had encouraged me to do, but realizing some of the things we used to do  in the AM I need to do again... warm purified water, yoga.  (The apple slices, juicing would now be doing quite a while later, after my "Bulletproof coffee' ...
Quite a "splice in," for the things I have been doing. Was vegetarian - sometimes vegan in those days, but consuming lots of fresh Atlantic salmon and omega 3 foods now... Realizing, still would benefit from the gentle cleansing and yoga...and I do not need to overdo it even with a great food such as salmon and I can have some cleansing tart fruit somewhere in there, early part of day...
Instead of first thing the cleansing stuff will try it quite awhile after the bulletproof coffee... (I do not think all that would mix well in the stomach... I have found I can be on a cleansing thing in the afternoon, too, especially if resting after chores...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:18:16 PM by Yowbarb »

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2017, 06:17:28 PM »
Barb, I am so sorry that you lost Michael.   It sounds as if the two of you were a special pair. :)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2017, 06:20:49 PM »
Shut off the TV, internet for an hour or more, before sleep.

All of your advice sounds do-able Barb.  I'm going to follow the above rule and sign off now :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:44:44 PM by R.R. Book »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2017, 09:29:30 PM »
Shut off the TV, internet for an hour or more, before sleep.

All of your advice sounds do-able Barb.  I'm going to follow the above rule and sign off now:)

It's a great rule...
I'm still on the net but will be up awhile tonight...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2017, 07:52:23 PM »
Barb, I am so sorry that you lost Michael.   It sounds as if the two of you were a special pair. :)

Yes, we were inseparable...

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2017, 08:06:15 AM »
Photo for Mods thread?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2017, 11:33:37 AM »
Photo for Mods thread?

I'll see what I can do in the next few days...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »
Photo for Mods thread?

I'll see what I can do in the next few days...
That would be appreciated, as I've heard your mentioning Michael off and on for several years and I even picture him, without having seen him.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2017, 06:59:48 PM »
This is the only one uploaded to my computer...
This is  the day my first grandson was born.
Michael and I were there, I was saluting the spiritual being, before he was born. 
Wish I'd done a proper salute instead of a Girl Scout salute, oh well.
Pic taken by daughter Joellen outside the natural birth center.
This is 1993.
Daughter was in a cranky mood and didn't think she would give birth that day.
We got her there in a hurry. Midwife-MD info'd us the placenta had failed...
Baby Damian born safely a short while later... :)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2017, 08:52:05 AM »
What a beautiful couple you were!  It's a good thing you got Joellen there and discovered the trouble. 

When you say the placenta had failed, do you mean something other than the membrane had ruptured, in other words other than going into labor?

OK, now instead of Natalie Wood, am thinking you look more like Susan St. James maybe?  :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »
What a beautiful couple you were!  It's a good thing you got Joellen there and discovered the trouble. 

When you say the placenta had failed, do you mean something other than the membrane had ruptured, in other words other than going into labor?

OK, now instead of Natalie Wood, am thinking you look more like Susan St. James maybe?  :)

Hi again. :) All I can remember is, midwife called me, as Joellen's mother and told me placenta had failed and she would be inducing labor at the birth center. Physician attending/on call. Midwives, holistic docs.
Jo didn't know, doc didn't want to freak her out, we got her there and it was all taken care of and baby born safe...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2017, 10:14:51 AM »

Not an expert on that...Daughter had not gone into labor yet, placenta failed so midwife called and she was induced, pronto. All was well...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2017, 10:16:17 AM »

RR, thanks! Michael was about 7 yrs younger than me, not so obvious back then...
Thanks for the compliments... I have sort of a chameleon face... not sure who I looked like, haha.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2017, 06:50:24 PM »

My money's still on Ava Gardener. :-D))