Author Topic: Easy inexpensive ways to get stronger  (Read 26949 times)

Linda

• Prolific Member
Re: Easy inexpensive ways to get stronger
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »
Great article Barb! 8)

Linda
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 08:44:26 AM »
Friend,

In the trouble hours the only thing that hold a stronger bond than mankind is your children. Prepare the children they will be your luggage and savior. Reach deeper into your spiritual self to help you to adjust to the new enviroment, you can build up your spiritual side as early as now. Do not limit yourself to just your physical being. The fast food and fast car life will take over decade to rebuild, that goes for tv, internet, cellphones, drugs, and shopping malls.

8hertz

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 12:21:51 PM »
Great article Barb! 8)

Linda
Thanks, Linda - it was from a site you had posted.  Natural News
http://www.naturalnews.com
(Not sure where you had posted it - more than one food and health Topic going.) Thank You.
I mentioned or emailed my kids about the special vegetables....and the chemicals and the belly fat...sort of in passing to son but he gobbled
down all his veges (carrots cauliflower broccoli etc.) Sea salt olive oil and low fat butter type stuff helped him like to eat them.
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:25:45 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »
Hi All
This is some info I got from someone close to me. It's good news because it is apparantly a pretty cheap way to help one's body and health. Pineapple.
It's funny because many years ago my Mom had told me in Scandinavia a lot of the people have nothing but pineapple part of the time. Mom
said that balances out the really rich food they tend to eat there.
(In the Northern countries with long winters a lot of the people have heat - producing, highly caloric foods like goose liver, pork etc.) She said
it helps them drop a few pounds pretty easily and balance out that rich diet. I am not sure if they still do that over there. "The thing to do, back in the early 1970s." I never really tried it more than once...not sure why. I didn't eat pork anyway and was a vegetarian and already not fat but in later years I should have tried it...

So then years later I had found out pineapple is one of my "Highly Beneficial fruits" for me because I have Type O blood.
I am currently adding a frozen tropical fruit mix with pineapple in it to my morning juicer drinks. Just haven't been eating very much pineapple.
In years past I had noticed I felt better when I ate all the pineapple and I could. (Watermelon is another one of those foods I found out a long time ago.)
So here is the email I got and I spoke with her on the phone too about the pineapple cleanse. She sounds so much healthier too...
Next time I stock up going to get a case of pineapple for my kids and I.
I recommend people who like pineapple and would like to try a way to drop some belly weight and detoxify to try this. 
There's more to it, too. Read on! - Yowbarb

Came across this data by accident on a way to do a parasite cleanse of all things and tried it.  Wasn't intending to do a cleanse but thought I might need one to feel better as I keep feeling tired. I tried it and felt amazing.  I blended 1 pineapple and drank it down (the whole thing) on an empty stomach 30-45 min before breakfast, and again before dinner for three days in a row.  Man, I felt great.  I thought all the sugar from the pineapple might not be good for me, but that's false data.  The pineapple is full of good nutrients and water, so it nourishes and hydrates you (and your skin).  It made me (and my skin) feel great.  The enzymes (bromelain) in it helped my digestion and I felt instantly better.  After three days I felt really cleansed and my stomach went down about two inches.  The reference is from a raw foods website blog with directions to follow at:  (3rd page down) http://buddingplanet.com/2008/09

It's particularly known to kill tapeworm, but it says it kills all parasites.  It's not a medical reference or anything, but it made me feel a hell of lot better, and now I make sure I drink a blended fresh pineapple on an empty stomach for energy as the bromelain in it is amazing and it soothes my stomach and gives me energy.  I know you know about bromelain as a digestive aid, but it says it's a powerful healer for surgeries and wounds, arthritis, and an effective anti-inflammatory agent.

The University of Maryland Medical Center has a very good reference on bromelain with this data here:  http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/bromelain-000289.htm

The further research I did about parasites from veterinarian practices and medical references basically stated you can get roundworms and tapeworms from, amongst other things, cats.  Also pinworms are common and highly contagious apparently amongst the population apparently, and parasite can lead to obstructions in the intestines and malabsorption of the nutrients from what you eat if your gut is full of parasites which can cause you to eat more to try and get the nutrients it needs.  I feel great after doing the pineapple parasite cleans.  Twas delicious too!

You probably already know this data, but since you have several cats, thought you might like to have this data.  Here in the UK they recommend worming your cat every three months, so I'm doing that now!  They can transfer their parasites to you causing Toxocariasis, defined here:  http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/229855-overview
with photos here:  http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/projects/parasit06/website/demos/lab4_demo.htm#04

I know your cats are contained so not exposed as much to the eggs and parasites in the soil and in wild prey, but mine go out and eat mice and pigeons at night - they bring them to me regularly on the doorstep!

Love

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 06:10:20 AM »
Thanks for that article Barb, I love pineapple. I use it when I make fruit smoothies, but never thought of it as a cleanse. It's worth a try.

Linda

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 06:35:22 AM »
Thanks for that article Barb, I love pineapple. I use it when I make fruit smoothies, but never thought of it as a cleanse. It's worth a try.

Linda

Linda, I know what you mean I had never thought of it for thoses uses, either. I mean, it is understood that fruits are cleansing but this goes beyond. It makes sense because of digestive substance in it. Bromelain.

http://whfoods.org/   The World's Healthiest Foods   Search for: Pineapple
Next post will have an article on it from World's Healthiest Foods site.
- Yowbarb

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 06:42:35 AM »
I see on that link he has a recipe for swiss chard, one of my favorite greens. :)

Linda

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 07:03:22 AM »
I see on that link he has a recipe for swiss chard, one of my favorite greens. :)

Linda

That's right! Yumm, I think I will live on that site for awhile.
Meanwhile I started up a separate Topic, Pineapple, a survivalist's food
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=810.0

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 07:07:20 AM »
A wild pineapple helped save my life in the jungles of Thailand many years ago.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 03:05:06 AM »

Ed, wow, that's wonderful. We are glad you made it out!
One good thing about Thailand the people have a lot of fruit to eat there.

Back in the 70s I met the most beautiful, completely healthy looking person, ever. She stopped to ask me
for a diaper (I was pushing my baby in a stroller and she was pushing her baby.) She wasn't poor in fact
she was very upper class but she was desperate for a diaper at that moment. I was happy to help.
I couldn't help but say to her, she was so healthy looking. She said it
is because of all the fruit they have there... Her skin was completely radiant and had not a pore showing. Like a goddess.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Carluccio_piattino

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »

Back in the 70s I met the most beautiful, completely healthy looking person, ever. She stopped to ask me
for a diaper (I was pushing my baby in a stroller and she was pushing her baby.) She wasn't poor in fact
she was very upper class but she was desperate for a diaper at that moment. I was happy to help.
is because of all the fruit they have there... Her skin was completely radiant and had not a pore showing. Like a goddess.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Ed and Barb,

How lives are interconnected....  Pineapple has its origin in southern Brazil and Paraguay. Since early 1500 years it started to spread all over the world via some famous navigators. Eventually it landed in Thailand and you were helped by this wonderful fruit.

It is part of many people's diet and very much used by those on a diet. It has almost 0 points (2 slices) in Weight Watchers program.

Here, just before Xmas time, it sells for nothing, all ripe, pure fruit sugar.... delicious when served cold in slices.

I would suggest pineapple juice blended with mint leaves. This is specially refreshing for this heat wave you, friends of the northern latitudes, are being confronted right now.

There is one single drawback to this fruit: unlike bananas, pineapple does not get any riper after being harvested. So, look for good signs (and bad signs as well) that indicate the pineapple is ripe before buying. A good sign is that it should be heavy to your sense of volume x weight, and their pointy green leaves should be easily pulled from the fruit.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/foodhistory/a/pineapplehist.htm

BR,

Carlos

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 12:58:12 PM »

All The Best,
Yowbarb

Ed and Barb,

How lives are interconnected....  Pineapple has its origin in southern Brazil and Paraguay. Since early 1500 years it started to spread all over the world via some famous navigators. Eventually it landed in Thailand and you were helped by this wonderful fruit.

It is part of many people's diet and very much used by those on a diet. It has almost 0 points (2 slices) in Weight Watchers program.

Here, just before Xmas time, it sells for nothing, all ripe, pure fruit sugar.... delicious when served cold in slices.

I would suggest pineapple juice blended with mint leaves. This is specially refreshing for this heat wave you, friends of the northern latitudes, are being confronted right now.

There is one single drawback to this fruit: unlike bananas, pineapple does not get any riper after being harvested. So, look for good signs (and bad signs as well) that indicate the pineapple is ripe before buying. A good sign is that it should be heavy to your sense of volume x weight, and their pointy green leaves should be easily pulled from the fruit.

BR,

Carlos

Carlos thanks for the great post! It is very good to learn something more about picking pineapples at
the fruit stand!
As you say once you get them home they do not ripen or become sweeter.  You would think they would, but they do not.   ;)
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 01:07:39 PM »
Coenzyme Q10 - also called, COQ10
This is something my mother taught me about. She and my father began taking it and took it for
about fifteen years. My mother lived to be ninety and my father made it to 86; both had their independence.
Although their health was not perfect those were good, long lives. I have been on it, on and off since 1986. I was so sick once I had to go home to them for awhile. My mother had just gone to a health food store and seen the book listed below and bought the COQ10.  It helped me.
COQ10 is known to have the ability to reverse disease and it has anti - aging effects. It is known to help the heart, the lungs and the gums which have disease. Other good effects.
Excerpts posted below, 
Yowbarb
http://www.whatiscoq10.com/?gclid=CLG9kcP7iaMCFRecnAodKVVHew
"It has been confirmed in clinical studies involving thousands of people who are in ill health?for example suffering from heart disease or diseases associated with weakened immune responses?that if supplements of CoQ are administered, their internal levels of CoQ rise and the disease states diminish as the body acquires renewed energy to fight them off."

- The Miracle Nutrient Coenzyme Q10,
Emile G. Bliznakov, M.D. and Gerald L. Hunt. Bantam Books, 1986

CoQ10 supplementation may:

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »
By the way, regarding a supplement or a natural product to help your health: 
Something is better than nothing.
It is possible to buy a bottle of Q10 for as little as $12 at a health food store or drug store. Those
are the 10 mg capsules. I know it's easy to not buy something because it is an expense. If you are feeling lousy get at least a ten mg bottle and take six to ten per day with food. It strengthens the body.
I recommend getting it in bulk in a big store but you do what you can.
There have been times when I managed to get a couple of bottles of the 10 mg at a Dollar Store.
It is something to get on an stay on, for life. Have it with meals. - Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 01:47:52 PM »

All The Best,
Yowbarb

Ed and Barb,

BR,

Carlos

Carlos thanks for the great post! It is very good to learn something more about picking pineapples at
the fruit stand!
As you say once you get them home they do not ripen or become sweeter.  You would think they would, but they do not.   ;)
Yowbarb

Carlos, thanks very much for the idea of pineapple juice blended with mint leaves, to help
during the heat waves. The heat is brutal in many places in the US.  Lately here in Florida, my son and daughter and I end up needing some potassium supplement or sometimes the Emergen-C drink with electrolytes. A couple times
we had early stages of heat exhaustion.
Once when we were still in Los Angeles, California,  we had some 111 degrees (yes, one hundred and eleven degrees) heat sneak up on us.  It was in an area of L.A. county blocked from the ocean breezes.
My daughter went out to her car -  I went with her. I was holding the thermometer and it said 111.
I said, "Cool off the car first!!" She was headstrong and in a hurry and jumped in.  Later, she told me she had to fight to not pass out while driving.  After she left I went out back and was washing off the barbeque grill in a tub when I suddenly felt like I would pass out. I carefully walked right back into the house and no more outside for a few hours. In general, I have very high tolerance for the heat but not always. It is up to nearly 100 here every day then it clouds over and we have a thunderstorm and lightning and rain. Well, we will try the pineapple and mint.  I am thinking that unbearable heat will be part of the earth changes in some places for a long time.
In Rio you get some ocean breezes, yes?
Thanks,
Yowbarb