Author Topic: Waste Treatments!  (Read 9049 times)

Charlie

Re: Waste Treatments!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »
Just a few weeks ago I woke up one morning and as usual, sat up on the edge of my bed to sort of wake up and gain balance before stumbling through the dark.  I sat there in total darkness and eyes open, saw what I consider as a vision of a nuclear cloud off far in the distance, rising into the sky.
I'll explain later for the question............... : Do you have a memory or sense of what direction you saw that cloud?
No not really that I can recall.  I was facing West though sitting up.
A little over 2 weeks ago I had a dream. I was on the beachfront of the ms. gulf coast. I wasn't in a car and I was standing in the
highway with some other people I did not know. I can remember thinking how stormy it was looking and then turning toward the
West-southwest; toward New Orleans. A cloud many miles wide with straight sides was rushing upward. Like a lot of dreams it is
sketchy but we know what a cloud like that signifies............................. I don't put any weight in the dream myself as to
premonition; only throw it out there ! When you mentioned yours I only wanted to say that you are not the only one to have that
type. Hope it doesn't mean anything.

At that particular time in my life a nuclear cloud was probably the farthest thing from my mind.  I was all involved in building an online business that I supposed was going to make me wealthy, get me out of the sewer treatment business and all that. Was also being all addicted to social media like facebook and other forums for the purpose of business.  Now none of that means anything to me.  I left facebook and dropped the business as well. Figured out really quick that people had no intention of listening to my newfound convictions so I'm pretty much a hermit now except for this forum.  I'm learning as much as I can and getting ready.   

noproblemo2

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »
I do feel this is a topic very worthy of discussion and should be a sticky. Hopefully we will continue to address this rather "delicate" subject and come up with some earth friendly decisions on this subject.

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 01:48:41 PM »
 http://weblife.org/humanure/default.html
Man, that is one informative 'booklet' on the website. I did not read every single word but it seems to me that the booklet
would be very handy and should be in a 'Survival Tool Kit' or bug out bag.

I did not see anything in the booklet about the production of Methane gas from a compost pile. Surely there must be and
just to let people know; that methane or hydrogen gas is extremely explosive. The book does say that having a cover over
your compost pile is desirable; what ever you do; do not enclose it enough that gasses can get trapped. Basically I am speaking
of something I don't know much about but methane plus a spark is not good.
 If I am wrong about a household compost pile creating appreciable amounts of explosive gas then I stand corrected.

Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Charlie

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 02:33:54 PM »
No methane involved with aerobic bacteria in a compost pile.  That is limited to anaerobic like septic tanks and outhouses.  The cover material they mention is simply a layer of hay, straw or some other material to keep odors down and that keeps flies away.

Yes if one can afford to buy the book it would be a great addition. Doesn't cost much but really one good read through online the free pdf and watching their YouTube channel video's will give ya everything you need to know.  It's really a very simple procedure.  The book goes in depth into alot of things not necessarily critical but good to know anyway.

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 03:06:45 PM »
10-4. Roger that.
The covering I meant was the suggestion that a pile should be covered with protection from Heavy Rains. Roof if you will.
They say it probably isn't necessary but it wouldn't hurt if a lot of rain is expected.

Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Charlie

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 03:24:52 PM »
I should correct myself.  There is a bit of methane involved with any manure or any organic decomposition.  Where it becomes dangerous is in an enclosed area. I never heard of any compost pile exploding but I have heard of them spontaneously combusting if the conditions are favorable for that sort of thing and that is mostly huge piles, alot of fresh material added or heaped quickly, not to be a worry in a small composting situation.

blyskawica

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 09:44:13 PM »
I didn't really read through on the thread very far but has anyone talked about anaerobic waste generators? Like this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-RyysPU1Hw I am very into survival and permaculture. Granted if we are stuck in caves this could be a fuel source as well as a source for future plant growing when everything clears up. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 09:50:11 PM »
I didn't really read through on the thread very far but has anyone talked about anaerobic waste generators? Like this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-RyysPU1Hw I am very into survival and permaculture. Granted if we are stuck in caves this could be a fuel source as well as a source for future plant growing when everything clears up.

Welcome,  blyskawica.
Excellent ideas,
Yowbarb

Charlie

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 03:39:59 AM »

Welcome,  blyskawica.
Excellent ideas,
Yowbarb

Yes welcome!  ;D

Now about the video.  That fella is asking for trouble putting the liquid from the barrel on his garden as fertilizer.  Yes grass grows like mad around the septic lateral lines but we don't eat it.  That liquid will be chock full of pathogens.  Some plants will be ok to eat after sucking up the moisture from it and some won't.  The outbreaks of e coli from eating spinach of recent years happened due to this very similar thing, the fields were fertilized with sewage sludge or raw sewage.  Nasty and dangerous.  I would not recommend eating anything fertilized with liquid from that barrel.  :-X   

inselemel

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 05:09:20 AM »
Hi guys, i thought i'd wade in  ;D into this very sticky  ;D topic. A few years ago i was at a remote nature reserve in Scotland where they have a RSPB Osprey hide and visitor centre, when i went to the toilet i was surprised to find a dry toilet - no flush just all the waste materials going down into a container. It was surprisingly unsmelly. I just looked it up and here's a link to A Study into the Provision of Sustainable Toilets in Remote Rural Locations  Submitted to Forth Valley and Lomond LEADER Local Action Group
February 2010 www.fvl.org.uk

http://www.fvl.org.uk/files/FVL%20Study%20Report%2028.4.10.pdf

I have not read it all but what i did read is quite interesting and maybe of value in times ahead but there is always the 'Thai' way - WARNING - you might not want to read this if you are eating . My sister was on holiday in Thailand and her and her husband went to a restaurant  and when she went to the toilet she heard a snuffling noise but the snuffling noise was more of a "Oink Oink" as the re staraunt had pigs eating up the 'waste' down below - i don't think she ate pork on that holiday. Seemingly in the olden days of Edinburgh when a toilet was a chamber pot or a pail there was a certain time of night when all around 'Auld Reekie' a shout would go up "GARDY LOO" this is a corruption of the french "Regardez l'eau" basically "look out for the water" (Scotland had a lot of french connections - royalty and all that) then the little piggies would be let out of there pens and would eat up all the solid non water stuff.

Inselemel

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 09:34:08 AM »
This is what Mel posted:

A Study into the Provision of Sustainable Toilets in Remote Rural Locations  Submitted to Forth Valley and Lomond LEADER Local Action Group
February 2010 www.fvl.org.uk

http://www.fvl.org.uk/files/FVL%20Study%20Report%2028.4.10.pdf

:)

Bane

• Trusted Member
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 02:59:14 PM »
Download it, buy it, steal it, but read it and have it...you'll need it!

http://uploading.com/files/44b6e62a/Humanuer+Handbook.rar/

Humanure handbook...nothing is wasted, no stink, all organic...this is what I'll do the day after...

Cheers!

errrv

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 12:27:59 PM »
Howdy Charlie. Welcome. You living over near mEna/smithville area? I grew up over there. Maybe that nuke cloud was russelville blowing it's top? Anyways, thanks for the humanist handbook!
As Cheech & Chong once said: "good thing we didnt step in it man"!

Erv

Charlie

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 02:59:20 PM »
Howdy Charlie. Welcome. You living over near mEna/smithville area? I grew up over there. Maybe that nuke cloud was russelville blowing it's top? Anyways, thanks for the humanist handbook!
As Cheech & Chong once said: "good thing we didnt step in it man"!

Erv

I'm about 50 miles or so North of Mena.  I'm not too worried about Russelville being the former county director of emergency management just moved there.  I figure them in the know would move away from danger lol.  Maybe she's dumb though?  ;D

errrv

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 06:44:44 PM »
By the way, look up anakim in the bible. That's your anunaki. All those old stories actually are intertwined.
Erv