Author Topic: Saber Rattling  (Read 14173 times)

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
Re: Saber Rattling
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2013, 08:18:46 PM »
     Excellent points JKB. Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts on the matter.
     After thinking about what you wrote it occurred to me that the reason the military has not heard a whole lot
about Redeployment's to other Theaters is because there will not be any. If the new game is evolving into limited
nuclear exchanges then our Forces will be needed at home. I got an odd feeling when reading your posts and it
leads me to think that the Higher Ups know what is coming and there is no need to alert the lower echelon of the
Military Arm. Normally the years would be like any other years in terms of military conflict but with rogue nations
gaining the ability to build nuclear devices AND the ability to lob them via intercontinental delivery systems then it
makes sense that the U.S. would want more of their military on home soil. We'll see......

I have no inside sources or connections, but neither one of these conflicts "feels right," to me...  I don't know what that means exactly, but it doesn't.  Don't you think, if the US was going "all-in," in either one or both of these conflicts that the USMC would have gotten wind of it by now?

I am nobody in the USMC and I have not heard a thing.  I knew 9 months before we went into Iraq in 2003 that it was going down, and it did, right on time.  I have not heard a peep about this.

In '03, when the winds of war were blowing, the Marine Corps instituted what we call, "stop-loss,"  which means all personnel orders are canceled until further notice.  That is a pleasant euphemism for, "You're not going anywhere until this is over."

No orders are being cancelled.  My retirement is not being cancelled.  There are no whispers... nothing.  It is business as usual... more and more of us are coming home, not the opposite.  If the brass knew we are starting a new war, stop-loss would be widespread already. 

I was about to go to bed, ASEEKERTOO, but I kept thinking about your post and I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I can see how you might think the nuclear option is on the table, from my post, with us bringing everyone home and docking 1/3 of our Navy, etc...  I still really don't think it is.  Even if either side attempted it, I don't think it would be allowed to happen.

I still believe, despite a lack of tangible/credible evidence, that it just won't happen.  If for no other reason, the PTB have the power to unleash hell on Earth anytime they feel like it, and it hasn't happened to date...  They have not destroyed the entire surface of the planet, as they have the power to do and would like to do, while they hide in their plush underground bunkers, ... 

It hasn't happened.

Who is stopping them?
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2013, 07:50:57 AM »
If for no other reason, the PTB have the power to unleash hell on Earth anytime they feel like it, and it hasn't happened to date...  They have not destroyed the entire surface of the planet, as they have the power to do and would like to do, while they hide in their plush underground bunkers,

Well, total destruction would not be the optimum situation for them, because it would leave them totally dependent on their existing supplies, which are not unlimited.  The best scenario, from their point of view, would be a luxurious world with just enough dumb, healthy slaves available to do whatever labor has to be done in order for them to be comfortable forever.

Except that they also crave the excitement of conflict, and so would continue to arrange artificial battles (football?).  In any case, their service-to-self mindset is a fatal flaw, and they eventually self destruct as a society -- like in Atlantas --  if left to their own devices.  Galactic Darwinism?

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2013, 08:01:28 AM »
     Excellent points JKB. Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts on the matter.
     After thinking about what you wrote it occurred to me that the reason the military has not heard a whole lot
about Redeployment's to other Theaters is because there will not be any. If the new game is evolving into limited
nuclear exchanges then our Forces will be needed at home. I got an odd feeling when reading your posts and it
leads me to think that the Higher Ups know what is coming and there is no need to alert the lower echelon of the
Military Arm. Normally the years would be like any other years in terms of military conflict but with rogue nations
gaining the ability to build nuclear devices AND the ability to lob them via intercontinental delivery systems then it
makes sense that the U.S. would want more of their military on home soil. We'll see......

I have no inside sources or connections, but neither one of these conflicts "feels right," to me...  I don't know what that means exactly, but it doesn't.  Don't you think, if the US was going "all-in," in either one or both of these conflicts that the USMC would have gotten wind of it by now?

I am nobody in the USMC and I have not heard a thing.  I knew 9 months before we went into Iraq in 2003 that it was going down, and it did, right on time.  I have not heard a peep about this.

In '03, when the winds of war were blowing, the Marine Corps instituted what we call, "stop-loss,"  which means all personnel orders are canceled until further notice.  That is a pleasant euphemism for, "You're not going anywhere until this is over."

No orders are being cancelled.  My retirement is not being cancelled.  There are no whispers... nothing.  It is business as usual... more and more of us are coming home, not the opposite.  If the brass knew we are starting a new war, stop-loss would be widespread already. 

I was about to go to bed, ASEEKERTOO, but I kept thinking about your post and I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I can see how you might think the nuclear option is on the table, from my post, with us bringing everyone home and docking 1/3 of our Navy, etc...  I still really don't think it is.  Even if either side attempted it, I don't think it would be allowed to happen.

I still believe, despite a lack of tangible/credible evidence, that it just won't happen.  If for no other reason, the PTB have the power to unleash hell on Earth anytime they feel like it, and it hasn't happened to date...  They have not destroyed the entire surface of the planet, as they have the power to do and would like to do, while they hide in their plush underground bunkers, ... 

It hasn't happened.

Who is stopping them?
    Dang; you roped me in with the question of who is stopping them......    Without going into detail I guess it is
sufficient to say that it has not happened yet because it is not time and by that I mean prophetic or scriptural time.
And as taught by my Mammy; that's all I'll say about dat.

The ownership of Nuclear devices by countries in the past put them into a SMALL but elite group of nations.
The variable that has changed is that now small unpredictable countries now have access to the big toys.  The U.S.
is just now beginning to see the results of that new change in dynamics. Since 'we' are the 'public' we do not have
the privilege of Top Secret information or information that flows from one Leader of a nation to another. All we have
is a peripheral view of what might come and we get a filtered view of it via 'the News'. We have more than one Nation
that has flat out stated that Nuclear weapons, once developed, will be used against their enemy. Iran states that Israel
is in their crosshairs and now N.Korea flat out states that the U.S. and S.Korea is a target of interest. The rules of
nuclear war has changed unless they can be muzzled. Iran has a pact with N. Korea that if the North is attacked then
they will come to their aid in any way possible. The plot thickens. As Bob Dylan once said, ' The World is A'changin'.

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »
If for no other reason, the PTB have the power to unleash hell on Earth anytime they feel like it, and it hasn't happened to date...  They have not destroyed the entire surface of the planet, as they have the power to do and would like to do, while they hide in their plush underground bunkers,

Well, total destruction would not be the optimum situation for them, because it would leave them totally dependent on their existing supplies, which are not unlimited.  The best scenario, from their point of view, would be a luxurious world with just enough dumb, healthy slaves available to do whatever labor has to be done in order for them to be comfortable forever.

Except that they also crave the excitement of conflict, and so would continue to arrange artificial battles (football?).  In any case, their service-to-self mindset is a fatal flaw, and they eventually self destruct as a society -- like in Atlantas --  if left to their own devices.  Galactic Darwinism?

It is being said it is not a real country at all just a ruling class of criminals... Lately there has been all kinds of drug smuggling and scams - while the government denies any part in it or any knowledge of it. All denied. Statement based on news coverage past couple of days... CNN. All that is not to say the many millions of people there do not deserve a "real" country. They do. It will take time for democracy to take hold there... We are not going to be the ones to do it... no more of that... Too many people there in fear, going into agreement with the military and criminal - ruled society. So many do not even have enough to eat while there is a big show of wealth at the top...
Pretty darned sick.
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:42:23 AM by Yowbarb »