Author Topic: Lack of Money  (Read 26108 times)

bk

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Lack of Money
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:15:02 PM »
lets go with 12/21/2012 as the date it will happen.

Right now the rich/elite/government are getting ready and not saying a word to us.

When will we know? When we can see it in the sky.

When will the be? Just a few months from now? I have seen posts here that say Sept/Oct of this year.

What will happen then? Total financial collapse and chaos.
All the food and gas will be gone in a day, no one would be working anymore, cash would be trash. We will have a year of this before 12/21/2012

What would you do if knew you only had months left?

2ND mortgage the house, borrow against the 401k, Sell your stocks, if we only have 5 months till the SHTF what does it mean if we owe $1000's of dollars because it won't matter anymore. Who is going to call to collect?

Try to get that loan for the land that you are looking at 15 year financing, buy that steel container on a lease to buy.

5 months or 20 months can we get what we need and pay the few hundred a month in payments till it happens?

What can be the worst case?  Nothing happens and you have a place in the mountains, and land has always been a good investment.

VillageIdiot

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: Lack of Money
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 06:52:40 AM »
...what does it mean if we owe $1000's of dollars because it won't matter anymore. Who is going to call to collect?...
I thought long and hard about this question during the past 2 years and the answer I consistently receive is Karma. What goes around comes around. I've learned this lesson too many times in this life. As a result, I'm working on becoming 100% debt-free. Whatever I buy, I own it without creating any bad karma. Although this works for me it may not work for everyone.
Live long and prosper!

noproblemo2

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:27:26 AM »
...what does it mean if we owe $1000's of dollars because it won't matter anymore. Who is going to call to collect?...
I thought long and hard about this question during the past 2 years and the answer I consistently receive is Karma. What goes around comes around. I've learned this lesson too many times in this life. As a result, I'm working on becoming 100% debt-free. Whatever I buy, I own it without creating any bad karma. Although this works for me it may not work for everyone.
I TOTALLY agree. Our first rule when we retired, no more credit card use, we do have one for emergencies, but have never used it. Cash and carry if at all possible is best for us.

bk

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 02:40:06 PM »
I know what you mean.

Paid off the house 3 years again, use CC for emergency and pay off asap. Right now still working for health insurance wife is on the transplant list and no insurance cost would be over 200 grand.

The point I was trying to make is if you owed the bank money and everything happens like we are talking about the slate would be wiped clean so to speak.

I'm not encouraging any one to run up millions in dept, but like it said earlier you finance some land and you have a place to go. If nothing happens a few years from now you sell it.

noproblemo2

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 02:47:58 PM »
bk, these are all hard choices that we each will need to make for our own situations, the thing that would concern me, is IF it doesn't happen, yet my gut say it will. I feel we all are facing some very tough decisions and soon. Please give my best to your wife, we have a neighbor who is also on a transplant list, kidney.

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
I'd say if we KNEW we only had two month left....( is that everybody?) it would be straight CHAOS!! So plan for tomorrow like it's TODAY!! So what if you end up with 15 acres and a shelter in place? Believe you me....it's GOING to happen EVENTUALLY!!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
lets go with 12/21/2012 as the date it will happen.

Right now the rich/elite/government are getting ready and not saying a word to us.

When will we know? When we can see it in the sky.

When will the be? Just a few months from now? I have seen posts here that say Sept/Oct of this year.

What will happen then? Total financial collapse and chaos.
All the food and gas will be gone in a day, no one would be working anymore, cash would be trash. We will have a year of this before 12/21/2012

What would you do if knew you only had months left?

2ND mortgage the house, borrow against the 401k, Sell your stocks, if we only have 5 months till the SHTF what does it mean if we owe $1000's of dollars because it won't matter anymore. Who is going to call to collect?

Try to get that loan for the land that you are looking at 15 year financing, buy that steel container on a lease to buy.

5 months or 20 months can we get what we need and pay the few hundred a month in payments till it happens?

What can be the worst case?  Nothing happens and you have a place in the mountains, and land has always been a good investment.

BK you're in luck!  This Topic will be covered on Marshalls upcoming show. Check it out.
He posted a Topic on this in Announcements today, as you may know.
I copied the info below on the blogtalk show, Marshall's Topic link.
Write down your questions you can send a comm to Ed and also call in.
This will probably help all of us.
- Yowbarb

Announcements  Planet X Special Report Interviews ยป 
How To Prepare for the Worst, If You Can't Afford It
Started by admin
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=2238.0

Planet X Special Report with Marshall Masters

HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE WORST, IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT

Tuesday, May 10, 2011
5 PM PST / 8 PM EST
Chat Room + Call In
YowRadio.com

GUEST: Sheila Dean, Shelter Management and Mass Care Consultant

[LINK]
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/yowradio/2011/05/11/how-to-prepare-for-the-worst-if-you-cant-afford-it

============================================================================

noproblemo2

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 04:46:19 PM »
Also if you register, (FREE) you can join in the virtual chat room there, and ask questions which are answered live.

bk

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 05:18:08 PM »
Thanks for the link I can not catch it live (working 1 till midnight) but will catch up.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »
Thanks for the link I can not catch it live (working 1 till midnight) but will catch up.

bk I am glad you can go to the site and watch the shows.  :)
I had to watch the last one late.
- Yowbarb

noproblemo2

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 09:20:23 PM »
bk, if you have any specific questions feel free to PM them to me and I will put them up in the chat for you. Have not missed a single one of the shows yet.

Jeff Lewis

• Trusted Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 08:19:50 AM »
I think the hardest part of it all is the uncertainty. Could easily put out the money now but there is always that part in the back of your mind wondering if something is really going to happen. And like stated above, when that time finally becomes obvious, it's too late.

noproblemo2

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »
I think the hardest part of it all is the uncertainty. Could easily put out the money now but there is always that part in the back of your mind wondering if something is really going to happen. And like stated above, when that time finally becomes obvious, it's too late.
Another way to perhaps look at this, would be as a natural disaster preparedness, ie, Tornado, earthquake, hurricane etc..... Then ask yourself, IF that were to happen could you be self-sufficient for 6 months totally on your own?????

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 08:58:44 AM »
As one of our members said some time ago: "better to be prepared for nothing than to be unprepared for something".

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »
Preparing with foodstores, is something that you can eat, once things clear. Being prepared for the possibilities, such as no power, no gasoline, no supplied water, can be done reasonably, as long as you don't get carried away. Personally, Most supplies I have accumulated are military surplus. I know from experince how rugged they are and won't wear out easily.   ed