Author Topic: East Coast US Meetings  (Read 1914 times)

Valase

Re: East Coast US Meetings
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 11:54:22 AM »
Hey everybody. I live in New England and am looking for a survival group for the upcoming events. Anyone have one that i can join? I can travel pretty far.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:03:34 PM by Valase »

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 12:16:50 PM »
Hi Valase and Welcome!  I think, if I remember correctly, there was someone who stated they could welcome a new member up your way, perhaps in NH or VT.  I can't remember who posted it unfortunately, but I think it was posted maybe sometime in July, so the offer may still stand.  Try checking that timeframe in similar topics to locate it since it wasn't listed here).  Good luck...feel free to PM me if you'd like.  If I find the exact post, I'll forward it to you.

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 12:25:49 PM »
Geez, just found that post I was referring to...it was from Arianna, who is now listed as a Guest.  Maybe Yowbarb might have an email address????

vBreezo

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 02:59:15 PM »
I live close to the VA/NC border and at least 20 miles from the nearest town. I am the caretaker of a former farm that comprises about 240 acres of wooded land and meadows, mostly overgrown with weeds and bramble bushes.  However, I am in the process of clearing some land to prepare it for camping if anyone would like to experience wilderness camping in Sept and/or October.

The facilities are limited so it would be best if you had a self-contained RV and can survive in a dry-camping mode (boondocking) for 3 - 4 weeks. This is a remote, isolated environment where you cannot get a cell-phone signal and I do not have a TV cable. I do have a satellite connection for the internet but that will probably become unreliable after Sept 26.  There is an abundant supply of firewood.

Let me know if you are interested in riding out the coming storm in the wilderness. I believe I can accommodate up to six camping units.

R-von

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 02:26:58 AM »
Geez, just found that post I was referring to...it was from Arianna, who is now listed as a Guest.  Maybe Yowbarb might have an email address????

Sorry I wouldn't be able give out anyone's email...
To bad Arianna not a Member now.
- Yowbarb

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 07:52:40 AM »
Sorry, My apologies.....

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »
Sorry, My apologies.....

It's OK,
Oh BTW I don't have her email,
Barb Townsend

family times41607

• none
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 06:39:15 PM »
  If you live on the east coast and would like to try out your gear.  We will have a skills and prep week  in late march,early april.  I will post the exact dates.  We will have a number of hands on training.  SARS, firearms training, medical/firstaid, medicines/herbal equivillents, basic survivor work shop.  There is no power, no phone service, plenty of water,firewood,freshwater fishing.  You will be living in the wild, rain or shine.  RSVP if you are interested, I will send directions and contact info when reached.  This is not for the inexperienced

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2014, 12:27:29 PM »
Yowbarb Note:
Members who have posted here, thanks!
Let's see some replies here: