Author Topic: Obama likely to withdraw 10,000 US troops from Afghanistan  (Read 4771 times)

asoldierstory

Re: Obama likely to withdraw 10,000 US troops from Afghanistan
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 08:36:06 AM »
bringing home 10,000 troops now and a total of 30,000 by next summer is just a drop in the bucket. we still have at least 70,000 troops there after all is said and done, not to mention however many nato troops. folks we are going to be there for a very long time I'm afraid.

LeoDLion

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 12:56:33 AM »
No.  There is no validity in a statement such as     bringing home thousands of soldiers, their equipment, weaponry for deployment in home towns and cities.   A.K.A. Martial Law.

Small arms, in the hands of small minds would be no match against tanks, artillery and the modern technical battle ax that we are.

Let's look at, for example 100,000 personnel army in "anywhere"  but we'll use Afghanistan.   Only a very small percentage would be needed to support  martial law in the states.  So, who would they send back to support "martial law"?    The MPs "Military Police."   

Right now, there's enough military personnel in CONUS "continental United States" to perform Military Police duties to a high standard in the case of Martial Law.  These MPs could easily be taken from Regular Army, Army Reserve, and National Guard. 

When you start seeing a lot of MPs patrolling your neighborhood somethings up. 
If you see a lot of artillery shells exploding in your neighborhood, get a "learn to speak Chinese in 10 minutes or sooner" book or dvd.

Leo D. Lion

"The brave die only once, a coward dies a thousand deaths"

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 06:27:57 AM »
When you start seeing a lot of MPs patrolling your neighborhood somethings up. 
If you see a lot of artillery shells exploding in your neighborhood, get a "learn to speak Chinese in 10 minutes or sooner" book or dvd. Leo D. Lion
"The brave die only once, a coward dies a thousand deaths"
Or when you see a Brand New City built on the outskirts of your hometown in an
International Trade Zone Area with a Foreign name patrolled by their 'Police Force'
then you'll know that some USA land was traded to help settle the debt. Uncle
Sam has to pay the bills some day.
As far as money goes I am not look forward to seeing what will take place on Aug 2nd  and as far as space goes I wish I know what was really going on.. If I need to hurry up and get to the central US or what :-\
August the 2nd? What is the significance if that date? 1st time I heard that one mentioned. Thanks...
  At the time of that message, this was the time cited
on the news about the next date for the Federal Budget to be in arrears if the
Government did not pass another Budget Bill to RAISE the debt ceiling. I believe
it is still the Crunch Date.
  Wish my message compose window matched the posted message
window size.
:D
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 06:27:28 AM »
bringing home 10,000 troops now and a total of 30,000 by next summer is just a drop in the bucket. we still have at least 70,000 troops there after all is said and done, not to mention however many nato troops. folks we are going to be there for a very long time I'm afraid.

True it won't be by the end of this year.
Here's what it says in wikipedia,
Yowbarb
.................................................................................
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001%E2%80%93present)

The United States and its NATO allies finalized agreements on 18 April 2012 to wind down the war in Afghanistan by formalizing three commitments: to move the Afghans gradually into a lead combat role; to keep some international troops in Afghanistan beyond 2014, and to pay billions of dollars a year to help support the Afghan security forces.[55][56][57]

A strategic partnership agreement between Afghanistan and the United States was signed by the US President Obama and Afghan President Hamid Karzai in May 2012. After the signing Obama laid out his plans to end the war in Afghanistan responsibly. The plans call for 1.) the removal of 23.000 US troops at the summer end of 2012, i.e. at at the end of September 2012,[58] 2.) Afghan security forces to take the lead in combat operations by the end of 2013 while ISAF forces train, advise and assist the Afghans and fight alongside them when needed and 3.) the complete removal of all U.S. troops by the end of 2014, except for trainers who will assist Afghan forces and a small contingent of troops with a specific mission to combat al-Qaeda through counterterrorism operations.[59][60][61][62][63]

On May 21, 2012 the NATO endorsed during its 2012 Chicago Summit a plan to end the Afghanistan war and to remove the NATO-led ISAF Forces by the end of December 2014.[64]....
[Continues ] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001%E2%80%93present)

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 06:39:18 AM »
Well that's certainly good news Barb...Thanks!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 06:56:30 AM »
Well that's certainly good news Barb...Thanks!

It would be better if it didn't take so long. These things are difficult to stop, once started....