Author Topic: DOOMSDAY PREPARATION: This Topic is no longer just about the TV show.  (Read 22199 times)

VillageIdiot

• Members
  • Prolific Member
This is on DirecTv channel 276 right now and will be on again in 2 hours. It makes me realize how far I have to go with my preparations.  :'(
Live long and prosper!

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
VillageIdiot I watched that with my son, the most prepared person that was shown on the show no names but what they showed was only a very small portion of what has been set up, he has stopped putting out most of his info. for people to see.
So take what was shown and multiply by 10 and then it will be close to what is really being done. any group going after a person like that to take supplies is going to pay a heavy price.

bk

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Found this on youtube sounds like the show you were talking about for those that missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tGFfFIlIeo

VillageIdiot

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Found this on youtube sounds like the show you were talking about for those that missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tGFfFIlIeo
Yes sir! That's the one I watched with my wife last week. Thanks for finding & posting the link BK!

Nathan, I agree 100% with your comments. Although my wife was impressed with the 4th family's food supplies, I wondered aloud that it was probably a small percentage of their total supplies.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:26:45 AM by VillageIdiot »
Live long and prosper!

bk

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: DOOMSDAY PREPARATION: This Topic is no longer just about the TV show.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 02:19:18 PM »
Doomsday Preppers new series on the Nat. Geo. Chan. to start Feb. 7th.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 06:35:44 AM »
Great bk.  I saw that program.  As long as they don't portray preppers as being nutjobs, I think this show will be helpful.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 09:22:19 AM »
Great bk.  I saw that program.  As long as they don't portray preppers as being nutjobs, I think this show will be helpful.

I expect at times they will portray some preppers in that light. (As being a nutjob.)
As with any MSM program it will have some useful info and some gimmicky stuff.  ;D

Plantman40

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »
Now this is my personal feeling about this show. It proves to me that I am not anywhere prepared as some of these folks. But I guarantee that I would not be televising my preparations on National TV. What a dead give away.
  I'm sure it may open some peoples eyes but the majority will think preppers are nut jobs.
Do you want to go on this show and let the world know what you are doing? Do you think that these people are non recognizable by their community and so forth?
Their safety has been compromised.

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 11:01:50 PM »
Now this is my personal feeling about this show. It proves to me that I am not anywhere prepared as some of these folks. But I guarantee that I would not be televising my preparations on National TV. What a dead give away.
  I'm sure it may open some peoples eyes but the majority will think preppers are nut jobs.
Do you want to go on this show and let the world know what you are doing? Do you think that these people are non recognizable by their community and so forth?
Their safety has been compromised.

Plantman,

That is almost a moral no-win situation, the kind I find myself thinking about frequently now days.  I could care less if someone else, or all of America thinks I'm a nut-bag, I really couldn't.  What people think of me really does not matter.  That show might help a lot of people.  How many people who are waaaayyy back there and alone in their preparation who have yet to find their way to places like this will see that show and realize they are not alone?  How many people who are just now starting to wake up and are asking themselves, "Am I crazy?"  They are going to see that show and realize that they are not crazy.  Everyone who is a member of this townhall asked ourselves if we were crazy at one time or another.  But you bring up the flip side of this coin.  I am learning that there is always a flip side to it.  You are right.  Do you go on national television and show the whole world the preparations you have made?  You may very well help a lot of people that you will never know and in turn put you and yours right in the crosshairs of everyone who knows you and hasn't prepared.  Do you take that chance, on faith?  Or do you play it safe and keep it to yourself?  Is there a right choice, and, if so, which one is STS and STO?  Those are tough questions, I think.  I was reading a channeling the other day, and I know that we don't all believe in things like that in here.  That is fine.  No worries if you don't.  But, I have been reading and thinking about a balance between STO/STS, or at least a peaceful coexistence.  I could go on but, I think bottom line, it is a mixture of both.  Has to be...  If one is 100% STO then you are going to take in everyone and give away all that you have, and then you and your family won't make it.  If you are 100% STS then you will get ultimately blown away trying to take something that does not belong to you in one way or another.  I think it has to be a mix.  You take care of you and your own first, because that is your survival, your responsibility.  Then you help as many as you can along the way.  That means going on National Television and giving full disclosure is probably not the best of ideas.  Unless, they start wearing ski masks, hmmm...  Then the media would really have a field day with the nutbag theme!  Peace...  JKB
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 07:39:57 AM »
I just read the article about David Sarti, that is so sad, it is so interesting to see how quickly people who do not agree with your own personal beliefs are willing to turn you in to the authorities.  David has paid a very high price for appearing on the show.  It should serve as a lesson to all of us to keep under the radar.  That is why it is imperative to keep your mouth shut on what you are doing to prepare, and to also be cautious in whom you talk to about the coming earth events.  You just never know what the mindset is of the person you are speaking to.

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 08:04:59 AM »
I just read the article about David Sarti, that is so sad, it is so interesting to see how quickly people who do not agree with your own personal beliefs are willing to turn you in to the authorities.  David has paid a very high price for appearing on the show.  It should serve as a lesson to all of us to keep under the radar.  That is why it is imperative to keep your mouth shut on what you are doing to prepare, and to also be cautious in whom you talk to about the coming earth events.  You just never know what the mindset is of the person you are speaking to.

UUGGHH!!  I just read that article too...That makes me so mad I could just scream...how dare they!  And I agree, it certainly does not seem like a wise thing to do, to go on that show advertising your intentions, locations, stockpiles, etc, but I'll bet most of those people only had good intentions trying to get other people aware and to wake up.  And the degradation of freedom in this country is just getting worse and worse day by day.  That's it, I'm purchasing my weapons tonight at a local auction, before they become illegal or something else crazy in this state!!  Whatever is available at a decent price,  the time to act is now, no more procrastination on this one.  Better something than nothing, I can think about adding the "best" choices later perhaps.....

throwback1952

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »
This kind of thing scares the crap out of me. I don't even feel the freedom to post my feelings and insights here because you never know when it could show up in front of a Judge and I find myself in Mr Sarti's, shoes.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »
Oh! I see ianother Member here signed the petition a few minutes before I did.  ;D
________  7 minutes ago

Barbara Lou Townsend (Palm Harbor, FL) 17 minutes ago