Author Topic: The Appalachians may be safer than The Ozarks- discussion  (Read 1127 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
The Appalachians may be safer than The Ozarks- discussion
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:42:14 AM »
To Members: I had thought The Ozarks might be a good area but now rethinking it.
Here is a video BajaSusan posted recently, which states The Ozarks mostly limestone. I knew that there was a lot of limestone but was under the impression it was fairly stable. Not according to this video.

Video states:
A far better area is the Appalachians in the state of West Virginia.

My Note: In addition to that I have been hearing via the grapevine (unsubstantiated) that people trying to set up in the Ozarks have attracted a lot of attention from the wrong people. The PTB and it may not be a good secure confidential area any more.
- Yowbarb

And this video warning Not to go to the Ozarks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSEtZUs5bcg

Susan,
Interesting... very discouraging about going to Ozarks.
I wish it went into more of a scientific explanation but it may be true.
Per wikipedia the Ozarks are mostly limestone. Appalachians more stable according to the video.

Yowbarb

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:48:21 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: The Appalachians may be safer than The Ozarks- discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:56:32 AM »
Zeta talk had stated the Ozarks will do well and also this:

Appalachia
The Appalachian mountains will be above the water line when all is said and done during this next pole shift, including the melting of the poles that will raise the oceans some 650-700 feet within a couple years after the shift. Where relatively isolated now, those living in these mountains will find themselves increasingly crowded with survivors who will be forced to move inland to escape the rising waters. The climate will remain temperate, and as the people of Appalachia have often been forced to live off the land, they should fare as well as any during these troubled times.

http://www.zetatalk.com/safelocs.pdf

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:01:39 AM »
The idea that The Appalachians would be better than The Ozarks is new to me... Anyway we will see what the future holds when it gets here. There is no doubt, WV sits high the whole state is mountains. One thing I want to look into more is any possible mountain building or volcanic activity but according to the video it is a very stable old area.
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:42:55 PM by chaunska »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 08:20:42 AM »
Zeta talk says WV will be overrun by people desperately trying to survive...
I feel that will be true of many decent places in the US.
All we can do as individuals and as groups is find the best location.  It is important that the human race survive. We cannot know for sure what will happen but people will need to prepare.  :)
It's tricky and there is not always agreement on the actual truth of the safety of a location.
Just  keep truckin' on,
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:44:31 PM by chaunska »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 08:31:12 AM »
Mountain building is a geologic term. Zetatalk and other references state people need to find places which will not experience mountain building during the extreme stresses put on the planet during the close passage of PX.

http://books.google.com/books?id=jd01mugCR7EC&pg=PA207#v=onepage&q&f=false

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_formation

:) As far as the other things you posted, if people are going to survive in WV as in any where they will need to be constructing either an underground structure or an above ground as in a dome. (If the locals do not like it, well some kind of diplomacy may be needed) but the main thing is land use, or any restrictions looked at before a person purchases land.
There is no point in being in one of the safest states in the US if the person cannot clear away something and build something! If the winds reach 200 mph all the picturesque cabins and a good part of the trees will not survive anyway. There may be fires anywhere on the planet from meteorites, falling hot rock strikes.

It is impossible to do that without clearing away at least some brush and trees.
So what else can I say, people have to go somewhere, that looks like one place.
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:45:04 PM by chaunska »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »
I worked for a mining company for several years.  The mining engineers extract as much ore/coal as possible without causing collapse, within a certain margin of safety, of course; BUT the remaining pillars are not likely to withstand serious earthquakes.  However, locations just inside of the entrances might be safe, depending on the geology at each spot.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:45:48 PM by chaunska »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
Maybe you could move into a coal mine.  That might be a pretty good idea temporarily.

BTW I didn't mean to be blunt when I said thanks but no thanks. When the time comes some people will really be desperate and if they can get some safety from the high winds etc. and they can find it in the entrance to a coal mine then that's the way it is. You are trying to help.
- Yowbarb

terrypat

• Prolific Member
  • My intention is to lead with the heart
The Appalachians may be safer than The Ozarks- discussion
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 11:11:39 AM »
I have been spending time on the web researching N.A. cave art . Are there any images or does anyone have petroglyph location data in the Appalachians. I did see the images of the Ohio snake monument. No spiral with that image.
You have been telling people that this is the 11th hour.

Now you must go back & tell people  this  is  "The Hour" .

The Elders , Oraibi Arizona, Hopi Nation

augonit

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 12:58:54 PM »
Terrypat--In America B.C. by Barry Fell, they talk about a stone found in a large burial mound in Grave Creek, WV and rock cut inscriptions in Wyoming County, WV that seem to be from Irish Monks in the 6th century.

terrypat

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »
Nothing from the indigenous folks like in the west . O.K. thank you for the knowledge. It is very helpful ...

VillageIdiot

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 06:15:07 AM »
Here's a very objective video created by Dutchsinse yesterday (07/04/2011) explaining why people should NOT move into the Ozark caves: http://www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse#p/u/5/j7YlPSMaa3A
Live long and prosper!

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 06:32:47 AM »
Thanks for the info, watched the video and found it very informative. Must say it made me wish I'd moved to CO years ago like I'd wanted to, but Appalachia is where I am and I guess Appalachia is where I'll be.  Hmm, got an old friend in CO though.....I wonder how she'd feel if I showed up at her front door with an old RV or something....Geez how my mind wonders these days.

terrypat

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 06:56:06 AM »
Thank you V I for posting Dutch's video. Liquefaction is very real. Also Dutch's statement on Yellowstone is important info. My view on Yellowstone is more the pot of chili on the stove scenario. Gets to hot from within & it will bubble over. The Rockie's are called that for a reason. Yes Edgar Cayce's scenario is probably close to correct. A series of islands in the west. Rock islands ......