Author Topic: Places and resources for learning the "Old Ways"  (Read 4857 times)

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
Re: Places and resources for learning the "Old Ways"
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 06:47:59 PM »
About back pain...
All the above is good.  Also drink lots of water.  Not to the point of losing all electrolytes.  Just make sure you are hydrated.
Best wishes.

Morgana2012

• Trusted Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
All good remedies!  I found out by accident was apply hot wet heat (to open up pores)15 minutes, then dry off area, rub in the Bengay or IcyHot.  Apply dry heat for 10-15 minutes.  The heat treatment makes the menthol soak deeper into already open pores.  20mg "flushing" type Niacin  works like a vasodialator opening the capillaries closest to the skin letting more blood come up and warming the surface of your skin all over your body not just your back.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:38:00 PM by Morgana2012 »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 01:31:28 AM »
I've had the same problem at the shack where there is no power other than from solar.

What I do is heat water to very hot and soak a towel in it, put it in a 1 gallon freezer bag with oven mitts under it (to keep it hot longer). Believe me, moist heat rocks.

Billxam this sounds like a good idea...
are the oven mitts next to your skin, then?
Yowbarb

chaunska

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
A hot water bottle is a good substitute for a heating pad.   Also, core body exercises.   If you are sitting a good portion of the day, this can cause back pain too.     Stretch first and do muscle strengthening exercises everyday.   Start off slow and increase reps and the amount of weight.    When I exercise this way, all my aches and pains go away.

Morgana2012

• Trusted Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »
Nutritional and medicinal uses for acorn
http://youtu.be/9OvZMKHNaJY