Author Topic: Lack of snow has potential negative impact  (Read 5721 times)

jrobert69

• Prolific Member
Lack of snow has potential negative impact
« on: January 06, 2012, 07:18:56 AM »
Though I now dread the mumblings of a possible snowstorm as opposed to my kids that so look forward to the snow day from school. It might be time to start doing the proverbial snow dance.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-drought-united-states-serious-impact-winter-water/59851

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Lack of snow has potential negative impact
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 07:34:30 AM »
There's hardly any snow where I am, and that's every year.  So I hadn't noticed that the rest of the country wasn't getting snow.

asoldierstory

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 08:55:17 AM »
Well up here in Minnesota, there is NO snow! in fact the temp hit 60 yesterday which is unheard of. it should be -20 below about now. don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining....yet. but as much as I hate to say it, we need snow or rain.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »
Wow -20!  That's bone chilling temperatures!  Makes my eyeballs shiver just thinking about it!

Plantman40

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 07:27:11 PM »
New post on The Extinction Protocol: 2012 and beyond   

Earth’s climate unraveling? Winter disappears across portions of the northern hemisphere
by The Extinction Protocol 
January 7, 2012 – More than 300 record high temperatures were set in 21 U.S. states Thursday. But the heart of the unusual warmth concentrated in Plains, where some areas experienced temperatures 40 degrees above average. Several locations set all-time January record high temperatures, including Huron (65 degrees) amd Mitchell (68 degrees) in South Dakota (SD) and Minot (61 degrees), Fargo (55 degrees) and Jamestown (56 degrees) in North Dakota. (Source: CapitalClimate). What distinguishes this warm spell is the amount by which some records were broken. Consider Rapid City, SD hit 73, obliterating the old record by 13 degrees. (That 73 degree high temperature was 4 above the high temperature of 69 in Miami, Fl). Aberdeen, SD reached 63, smashing the old record of 46 by 17 degrees and setting a new monthly record. AccuWeather highlighted the following incredible record: “...in Philip, S.D., the mercury reached a balmy 74 degrees, which absolutely obliterated the old record of 46 set back in 2002.” In Minnesota, several locations reached the 60s for the first time ever during the first week of January. Alexandria reached 55, crushing its old record of 38 (from 1984) by an amazing 17 degrees. In Nebraska, record highs were set in Omaha (66), North Platte (69), Valentine (69) and Imperial (73, source: USA Today, AP). Sidney Nebraska’s record high of 74 broke the previous record of 62 and tied its monthly record. Record highs were also set throughout the state of Iowa, several by at least 10 degrees.  –WPB , Duluth News Tribune
Enjoy the winter chill before scorcher summer sets in. The year 2012 may turn out to be among the top ten warmest years globally, and in the country, since 1850 - over 160 years. The year is also expected to be warmer than the previous year, which was the ninth warmest year for India since 1901. Weather scientists have predicted that 2012 is expected to be around 0.48 degree Celsius warmer than the average temperature or the long term global average. However, he added that the new predictions about 2012 need not be a cause for alarm in the country. According to the weather department's analysis, while 2011 was the ninth warmest year since 1901, 2010 was the warmest year on record since 1901. The other warmer years were 2009, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1998, 1999, 1958 and 1941. Temperatures were generally near normal over most parts of the country in 2011 except parts of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura where these were above normal by over one degree Celsius. Indian weather scientists said that generally La Nina, the weather phenomenon which is likely to cause higher temperatures in 2012, has positive impact on monsoons in India. –India Today
contribution Luisport The Extinction Protocol | January 7, 2012 at 12:54 am | Categories: Earth Changes, Earth Watch, Earthquake Omens? | URL: http://wp.me/p1eYXc-4v7
Comment    See all comments

Unsubscribe or change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/earths-climate-unraveling-winter-disappears-across-portions-of-the-northern-hemisphere/

bk

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 07:35:23 AM »
Some FYI

Summary:
Warmer than average temperatures have left most of the Cornbelt and Great Plains with little to no snow cover on winter wheat, risking its ability to withstand unusually cold temperatures.  While some scattered areas received abundant rains, many areas remain dry, with soil moisture levels less than satisfactory going into winter.

http://www.cattlenetwork.com/cattle-news/Which-is-a-greater-concern--Lack-of-soil-moisture-or-snow-136805183.html?ref=183

sineck

• Trusted Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 10:35:10 PM »
the northern part of mexico is getting hit pretty hard with the cold weather. kind of extreme, -10, and snowing, here in d.f. not much to say, its probably one of the warmest winters in the last few years. lets see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
Life is the element of disoriented illusions. A character of self- being with a mind of self awareness. Grievance combined with happiness in a fortitude of harmony and socio communicative disagreements of proffered existence. SINECK,

LAUGHALOTZ

• Trusted Member
    • LAUGHALOTZ
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 06:00:26 AM »
The weather has been one thing that I have not talked about much, but I have realized a HUGE change. We just moved from Missouri to CA. Huge change right? Well all three years in Missouri ( Winter ) it snowed and OFCOURSE almost 6-8 days each winter we have "snowdays", and each year it was the "worse winter ever in Missouri".....pretty crazy I think. Why? Well It has only snowed there in Missouri 3x and it's already February, and the snow they got didn't even stick. Here in California....our 1st week here it was 27 a couple nights and that is near the coast. Yes it's winter and it gets cold, but 30 night and then 80 all day....very interesting, but AGAIN not surprising.  The weather is becoming so random, but really it's not surprising to us anymore to some people, because we know changes are happening.  I have been researching some websites and VERY few get to the point about why weather around the Globe is causing chaos around the world. This is a pretty interesting website...easily understood because it's broken down, which helps me understand more. Have a great day everyone!
                                                     http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/629/629/6528979.stm
"The soul is healed by being with children."
English proverb

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 05:04:17 AM »
Very interesting website Laughalotz....What a weird winter we are having here for sure!!  Since the devastating snowstorm Halloween weekend we have only had one minor (6") snowfall, and that was two weeks ago!  Usually here in northeast PA, we are hit with one snowstorm after the other from Dec on.....very strange days indeed.........

errrv

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 06:50:27 AM »
The last two years we have had a TON of snow here. Kids lost two weeks out of school last Feb. This Saturday the high was 76. It was 65 yesterday. It's crazy... I posted elsewhere that all of our trees are budding and the spring flowers are about to bloom. This also happened at the end of the heat wave in Sept. Crazy days... Enjoy the entertainment!
Erv

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 07:02:08 AM »
Sidenote, since the USDA has changed some of their growing guidelines for this season, I'm going to check to see if I should be starting my indoor seedlings for tomatoes, peppers, etc earlier this year than previous years.  It may be a bit of a risk, since it will be the first year that they have "officially" changed the guidelines, but I'm a little anxious to get the gardening started.  And I could always hold off putting them in the ground, if necessary.  Sorry, off topic, moving on....

errrv

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 07:08:37 AM »
Enlightenme,
Not off topic at all. This is the endstate for our survival; have the growing seasons changed?

One thing is certain, as long as you have a room where your plants can get sunlight, you can have a potted garden. Just keep them inside when the weather is crappy. By putting them out they are only going to absorb the chemtrails Chemicals anyways!
Erv

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 07:26:45 AM »
Erv, Yes, I had mentioned it in a previous post with a link to video from Dutch, showing all the facts and figures from the USDA, etc.  Sorry, I don't have time right now to look up all the info, but I'll try to get back to you with more on it later I want to do some more research on it.  And I'm not really sure if it affects all plants, but I gotta find out, because I know it affects my region.

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 04:45:01 AM »
Erv, Sorry it took so long to get back to you...the article that was referred to in that video can be found at http://www.ksdk.com/news/world/article/299650/28/USDA  USDA releases new planting zone map.  I tried searching around on the USDA website to get some more specific info withouth much luck.  Truthfully, it seems a moot point, in regards to starting my seedlings indoor for the garden, because basically, it's time for us here in PA to get started anyway!!  Sorry I couldn't find any additional info for you...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:27:48 AM by Jimfarmer »

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 04:47:57 AM »
P.S.  We had a whole 1.9 inches of snowfall here last night, as our official second snowfall of the winter.  So weird, it's been so warm....There are daffodils coming up!!