Author Topic: Fukushima Threat 85X That of Chernobyl  (Read 3463 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
Fukushima Threat 85X That of Chernobyl
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »
This is an eye-opener.
Marshall

Fukushima Daiichi Site: Cesium-137 is 85 times greater than at Chernobyl Accident
http://akiomatsumura.com/2012/04/682.html

Japan’s former Ambassador to Switzerland, Mr. Mitsuhei Murata, was invited to speak at the Public Hearing of the Budgetary Committee of the House of Councilors on March 22, 2012, on the Fukushima nuclear power plants accident.

Many of our readers might find it difficult to appreciate the actual meaning of the figure, yet we can grasp what 85 times more Cesium-137 than the Chernobyl would mean. It would destroy the world environment and our civilization. This is not rocket science, nor does it connect to the pugilistic debate over nuclear power plants. This is an issue of human survival.

nigelblondon

Re: Fukushima Threat 85X That of Chernobyl
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
Now that is worrying. What with the expected increase and severity of earthquakes due to an approach of planet x.
Incredible that this issue has been put on the back burner and concentration is on the North Korea and supposed terrorist threats!
Surely a threat to the planet and human survival should be paramount. But I guess we can trust our governments to be doing the right thing, can't we?!

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
Now that is worrying. What with the expected increase and severity of earthquakes due to an approach of planet x.
Incredible that this issue has been put on the back burner and concentration is on the North Korea and supposed terrorist threats!
Surely a threat to the planet and human survival should be paramount. But I guess we can trust our governments to be doing the right thing, can't we?!

Right, you betcha!  I'm sure they're on top of it, no worries.   And OMG 85 times greater!!!  You almost have to let that sink in for a moment, don't you?  And then you want to yell and scream and kick and yell SO WTF are they going to do about that?  I'm sorry, forgive me, just couldn't help it, had to let that out....

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 08:29:06 PM »
No worries enlightenme. You're among friends. 

An yes.  That number. 85.  Whoa, that kinda drops you on your head.

Marshall

errrv

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:17:43 PM »
Unfortunately, if we keep provoking other nuclear countries with our foolish actions, there will be more radiation here than we will know what to do with.
Erv

nigelblondon

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 12:10:28 AM »
I thought there was a court to prosecute those guilty of crimes against humanity? I can think of a few names to be added to the list of indictments! But then, hell, they would just evade that and head for the space station.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 02:29:26 PM »

Right, you betcha!  I'm sure they're on top of it, no worries.   And OMG 85 times greater!!!  You almost have to let that sink in for a moment, don't you?  And then you want to yell and scream and kick and yell SO WTF are they going to do about that?  I'm sorry, forgive me, just couldn't help it, had to let that out....
I totally agree with you, Mary especially with that particular combination of consonants you posted.
Appropriate human response!!

nigelblondon

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »
On a lighter side. I found this news about how wildlife is actually thriving after the Chernobyl disaster  :)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wildlife-thriving-after-chernobyl%E2%80%99s-nuclear-disaster-%E2%80%93-study.html

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »
On a lighter side. I found this news about how wildlife is actually thriving after the Chernobyl disaster  :)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wildlife-thriving-after-chernobyl%E2%80%99s-nuclear-disaster-%E2%80%93-study.html

Not only that.  A book that I recently read said that some plants that had been extinct are now growing in the abandoned area. 

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 07:38:46 PM »

Not only that.  A book that I recently read said that some plants that had been extinct are now growing in the abandoned area.

Now that's amazing!

nigelblondon

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 05:44:18 AM »
Japan plans to restart reactors at Ohi nuclear plant!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17703313