Author Topic: Survival Groups  (Read 2078 times)

nigelblondon

Survival Groups
« on: April 18, 2012, 02:15:43 PM »
If you have a survival group or are looking for one, please post here.

souz

Re: Survival Groups
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »
...well....nobody interested...!!??    :/

Starstruck

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:37:18 PM »
Looking for like-minded people to discuss survival and coming events concerning Planet X - ottawa area.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:19:53 AM »
Now that I have relocated to Reno NV, I would love to meet other preppers in the area.

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 01:44:20 PM »
Now that I have relocated to Reno NV, I would love to meet other preppers in the area.
ETgal,
I travel to and from Reno, Carson Valley and South Lake Tahoe often.  On one of my trips I'll give a heads up and maybe we can have a coffee.

Mark
Vacaville, CA

NorthernRocket

• Ignorance is never bliss
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 09:52:32 AM »
Looking to start a group for northern Ontario up near North Bay, Timmins area. I have a face book page started under Project Northern Rocket. The projection of a land crustal shift will put Canada into a new map location being in a warmer climate location the old shield is our protector. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 11:34:51 AM »
...well....nobody interested...!!??    :/

Don't give up souz - some people finally posted here.!  ;D

darkeyes36

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 02:39:11 PM »
I'm in Orillia, but I am willing to start a co-operative with good people. The world is changing fast and if Nibiru doesn't hurry up, some pretty rotten people are going to do some pretty rotten things  >:(
Can anyone do the CSI on this pic?

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 03:21:16 PM »
Did anyone see this intriguing photo?  Did anyone do any investigations into its authenticity?  Just at a glance, it doesn't look like one of those fakes.  I'm really curious about this one.

darkeyes36, did you take this pic?  Where was it taken?  What was the time and date?  (Forgive me if time and date are on it, but I cannot see it right now).  Tell me/us as much about this as possible?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »
Linda - I agree that is one interesting photo posted by Darkeyes36.
Not sure why no one replied to the post before Linda... Yes someone needs to investigate...Darkeyes36 thanks for your contribution and tell us more!

- Barb Townsend
  Administrator

Aldwyn

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 06:16:00 AM »
It is somewhat interesting but without some real details of when, where and who took the picture it is only a nice anecdote.  Also whether the object was visible with the naked eye and what kind of filter is being used.  There does seem to be a second point of light source from a little rough look I took.  It is not that I am not interested but often find myself without time to delve deep into many of the different pages and tend to only look at the most recent posts and sometimes I miss things.
Aldwyn
Endure... Honor requires nothing less.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 09:13:07 PM »
It is somewhat interesting but without some real details of when, where and who took the picture it is only a nice anecdote.  Also whether the object was visible with the naked eye and what kind of filter is being used.  There does seem to be a second point of light source from a little rough look I took.  It is not that I am not interested but often find myself without time to delve deep into many of the different pages and tend to only look at the most recent posts and sometimes I miss things.
Aldwyn

Aldwyn, thanks for your imput here... This is something we run into a lot - photos without date time stamp or other info.  It takes some communication and some experience before people think of adding these things... Took me awhile to catch on too, that these things are needed.
 :)
Hopefully we will get this info on this photo,
All The Best,
Barb T.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 05:44:35 AM »
I sent a Town Hal message to Darkeyes36, saying that she has replies to her post and image. I included the Topic link.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
The Hague
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 02:32:45 AM »
I have started poling my collegues. I have run into some interesting reactions. Some absolutely refuse to talk about working with certain others, another guy is so young [not as young as you'd think] that he's sure things will all work out even though he otherwise seems enthousiastic about new ideas...

I'm thinking that these people, whom i've worked with for a while and therefore 'know' [sic], are a better bet than strangers who might have 'bullets, beans and a bunker'.
Having said that, it seems that getting them to consider communal activities may be more complicated than i had initially thought. But that's just tough! "Complicated" does not mean i'm giving up.

As one solution i see TWO groups being created. First of all then people can have a choice; then there are certain leadership styles that appeal to some more than others; finally there is the simple fact that if you have 2 groups working alongside one another, they can offer each other assistance in emergencies (whereas a single unit might fail due to internal strife and having all one's eggs in one basket).

All of this is extremely personal. I mean, it is very sensitive and each person has to be approached in a certain way. On the other hand, i am getting some feedback that gives me hope that WTSHTF these individuals might come together and survive as a group when individuals will be in a bad state. I'm just realizing that even in such a dire scenario (like, say, a massive global EMP and no electricity anymore) there will be limitations to even 'good folk' working together.
Also, i'm not only preparing each one for just the idea of disaster scenarios but i've also suggested that we all collect in such a case at our work location. If nothing else, we will know where to reach each other.

Mainly i am hoping to gather some folk so we can bug out together, hop on a boat and head to better straights. I have poled their sailing abilities and have already found 3 people who have some sailing experience. Going out to sea would be a good way to avoid rampaging starvin masses, after all. Oh, a harbor full of boats is 50 yards from our work location; we may not have hills to run to in Holland but we always have the sea  ;)
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01