Author Topic: for all you maunder minimum doubters  (Read 6465 times)

_cj_

• Prolific Member
for all you maunder minimum doubters
« on: May 10, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »
this is a really good example of how the goddard centre keeps revising the size of solar cycle 24 - and they haven't finished yet - looks like SC24 is peaking early ....get ready your woolly scarfs

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/ssn_predict_nasa_1024.gif
all credits to WUWT Commenter J Gary Fox 
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/01/18/nasa-sunspot-number-predictions-revised-again/

Regards,

Alex

_cj_

• Prolific Member
Re: for all you maunder minimum doubters
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:15:51 PM »
put your evidence up here please people ...for or against ..lets see it all

mine first >>>http://www.davidarchibald.info/papers/Failure%20To%20Warm.pdf

_cj_

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »
http://iceagenow.info/2012/05/heading-ice-age-astrophysicist/

“Little Ice Age (Maunder-Dalton) circulation patterns are emerging and more rapid world cooling is taking over,” says astrophysicist Piers Corbyn.

“The Sun’s magnetic field is getting into a muddle as one half of it changes out of step with the other and this muddled behavior is likely to become very marked in MAY,” says Corbyn, of WeatherAction.com.

“The sun is entering a ‘muddled’ magnetic state. This strange behavior was pointed out by Japanese researchers from the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan and the Riken research foundation* who say this was the sort of behavior which probably took place during low periods of solar activity in the past** and which drove the world into a cold state of longer winters, cold Spring months and lousy summers.

“At the same time independent observers have noticed an increase in Little Ice Age type (Maunder-Dalton type) weather events and circulation patterns around the world such as more extreme hailstorms and cyclonic cold weather in Britain and Ireland with the Jet stream shifted well south***.

“These changes and findings increase our confidence in our forecast made two years ago of general world cooling and our specific forecasts for individual months and regions such as for an exceptionally cold May this year in central and east Britain and West Europe – and which comes with the present very warm weather in East Europe which we predicted 4 weeks ahead.

“Although these developing circulation patterns are generally cold the wide-amplitude swings of the jet stream of which they are part also mean there will be some warm or very warm spots. This happened in March with a generally cold or very cold Northern Hemisphere while the UK and USA were warm and extremely warm respectively.

“May will also see dramatic contrasts and we will have more of a grasp on the boundaries between contrasting parts in our detailed May forecasts for Britain and Ireland, Europe and the USA issued at the end of April.

“CLIMATE CHANGE IS HAPPENING NOW. IT IS DRIVEN BY THE SUN AND NOTHING TO DO WITH CO2!

_cj_

• Prolific Member
Croat scientist warns ice age could start in five years
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »

http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/General_News/2010-02-10/8836/Croat_scientist_warns_ice_a%20ge_could_start_in_five_years

A leading scientist has revealed that Europe could be just five years away from the start of a new Ice Age.

While climate change campaigners say global warming is the planet's biggest danger, renowned physicist Vladimir Paar says most of central Europe will soon be covered in ice.

The freeze will be so complete that people will be able to walk from England to Ireland or across the North Sea from Scotland to northern Europe.

Professor Paar, from Croatia's Zagreb University, has spent decades analysing previous ice ages in Europe and what caused them.

"Most of Europe will be under ice, including Germany, Poland, France, Austria, Slovakia and a part of Slovenia," said the professor in an interview with the Index.hr.

"Previous ice ages lasted about 70,000 years. That's a fact and the new ice age can't be avoided.

"The big question is what will happen to the people of the Central European countries which will be under ice?

"They might migrate to the south, or might stay, but with a huge increase in energy use," he warned.

"This could happen in five, 10, 50 or 100 years, or even later. We can't predict it precisely, but it will come," he added.

And the professor said that scientists think global warming is simply a natural part of the planet.

"What I mean is that global warming is natural. Some 130,000 years ago the earth's temperature was the same as now, the level of CO2 was almost the same and the level of the sea was four metres higher.

"They keep warning people about global warming, but half of America no longer believes it as they keep freezing," he said.

And he added: "The reality is that mankind needs to start preparing for the ice age. We are at the end of the global warming period. The ice age is to follow. The global warming period should have ended a few thousands of years ago, we should have already been in the ice age. Therefore we do not know precisely when it could start – but soon."

The Zagreb based scientist says it will still be possible for man to survive in the ice age, but the spending on energy will be enormous.

"Food production also might be a problem. It would need to be produced in greenhouses with a lot of energy spent to heat it", commented the professor, who remains optimistic despite his predictions.

He said: "The nuclear energy we know today will not last longer than 100 years as we simply do not have enough uranium in the world to match the needs in an ice age. But I'm still optimistic. There is the process of nuclear fusion happening on the Sun. The fuel for that process is hydrogen and such a power plant is already worked on in France as a consortium involving firms from Marseille and the European Union, the US, Russia, China, Japan and South Korea. The head of the project is a Japanese expert, and former Japanese ambassador in Croatia", Vladimir Paar revealed.

He said the building of the new technology power plant will take at least another 10 years.

"In 40 years we'll know how it functions. That would be a solution that could last for thousands of years. We have a lot of hydrogen and the method is an ecological one", the professor concluded.

_cj_

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »
im sorry i havent been around lately guys - personal issues

i would like to re-start this thread .... is anyone feeling cold yet ?

Take care

alex

_cj_

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 02:50:48 PM »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 03:44:31 PM »
im sorry i havent been around lately guys - personal issues

i would like to re-start this thread .... is anyone feeling cold yet ?

Take care

alex

Alex, it's good to see you back and I hope you are feeling well.
Thanks for your post and this new info, yes it's cold... Froze ice in back yard on some water on a tray.
It does freeze here in central west FL but to me it is colder than usual...
Barb Townsend

_cj_

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25862141

yet another article

come on guys wake up please.  the sun has gone quiet since we havent seen seen since solar cycle 14 -
we have started a serious cooling trend

i dont want to harp on about it but i have been warning about this for a while

regards,
alex

_cj_

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 12:29:27 PM »
im really sorry to keep posting  on the subject - honestly im the last person to believe in conspiracy theories

i would just like to warn people and post this thread

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/reports/wxfacts/North-Atlantic-Drift-Gulf-Stream.htm

things are going to get worse for the east coast of america and europe

please believe and do the research yourself .. ive been warning people for years about this .. no one wants to listen

regards,

alex

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 01:17:52 PM »
im really sorry to keep posting  on the subject

Don't be shy to keep us posted, thanks.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 01:03:14 PM »
im really sorry to keep posting  on the subject - honestly im the last person to believe in conspiracy theories

i would just like to warn people and post this thread

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/reports/wxfacts/North-Atlantic-Drift-Gulf-Stream.htm

things are going to get worse for the east coast of america and europe

please believe and do the research yourself .. ive been warning people for years about this .. no one wants to listen

regards,

alex

Alex, thanks for your post... It is a complicated business making predictions...we need to read them in the absence of info from the government. I mean we have some info but lacking a lot of it...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:30:13 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2013/11/cern-scientist-says-another-maunder.html 

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

CERN scientist says another Maunder Minimum in solar activity could occur by 2015

_cj_

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 05:01:25 PM »
really good info - thank you barb

if anyone has mr M's ear then point him in this direction.  I tried to warn him back in 2010 but he was still of the opinion of a large solar cycle back then

regards,

alex

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 09:34:18 AM »
really good info - thank you barb

if anyone has mr M's ear then point him in this direction.  I tried to warn him back in 2010 but he was still of the opinion of a large solar cycle back then

regards,

alex

OK... but honestly I am not sure we might be about to be clobbered with big flares...

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:34 PM »
I am also thinking it is possible that we will experience big solar flares soon.