Author Topic: 4 Stages of awakening to your life purpose  (Read 12480 times)

Linda

• Prolific Member
Re: 4 Stages of awakening to your life purpose
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 09:17:53 AM »
Here is the original post:

Stage one – AWAKENING
In stage one, we are the restless. We go through life asleep to our true purpose for existing. We feel restless, searching for meaning in the meaningless things of the world. We live a never-ending search, looking for happiness and peace in everything outside of ourselves. At some point, we realize we are barking up the wrong tree and turn within. Many times this will be brought on by a crisis in our lives. Eventually we start to awaken to the idea that we were born to make a difference; that there has to be something more to our lives. We are not just cogs in some machine. We realize that who we truly are is important and that we have something meaningful to contribute to the world, even though we may not know exactly what that something is. It is at this point of awakening that we enter stage two and begin the journey of finding out exactly why we are here and what we are supposed to do with our lives.

Stage two – DISCOVERY
In stage two, we are seekers, determined to discover what is our gift, what it is that we love to do? We start noticing what we really enjoy doing for the pure joy of it versus for money and recognition. Eventually we understand without a doubt what it is that we love to do, and we realize that this is our gift for the world. Once we realize what this gift is, we can enter stage three.

Stage three – INITIATION
In stage three, we are artist, determined to cultivate our gifts and win the battle against our ego and the many inner demons that arise to convince us that we are not worthy, not good enough, or that no one will need what we have to offer. We will deal with issues of survival, and money. But eventually we will defeat these demons. We will begin to understand that there is a larger purpose for what we love to do; that there is a loving higher power that is guiding us; that what we love to do is a necessary and meaningful part of healing the planet. At this point, fears about survival will be washed away by our deep desire to help make the world a better place. We will finally answer the questions: “Why am I here?” and “What am I supposed to do with my life?” When we realize that we are to heal the world with our gifts, we enter stage four.

Stage four – PURPOSE
In stage four–the last and final stage–our life purpose has become clear. It is clear who we are, why we are here, what are our gifts, and how we are to use these gifts to heal the planet. Now our focus shifts from what we can get with our gifts to how can we can give and contribute unconditionally. Now we see that there is much work to be done. No longer do we stand back and feel powerless. With God at our side, and his love in our hands, we boldly jump into the fray. When we give of our gifts freely and unconditionally to the world, we have become dream masters!
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

errrv

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 11:54:54 AM »
Wow Linda, that is great! And so very true!

Several things happened to get me off my materialistic road I had been following. I was with a group of guys who went into Iraq just before the invasion in 2003. Four big things happened during the actual invasion that made a serious impact on my life & the way I live it. Four times we were faced with overwhelming odds and I knew my time was up, but when the large enemy forces advanced on our position.... There was no one there but us. Four times this happened. I sometimes wonder if I wasn't killed in my sleep and I'm actually in another place right now... Maybe purgatory? I don't know.

Then in 2007 I had a parachute malfunction while on a military skydive jump and had a very bad landing. I landed horizontally and blew 6 discs in my neck & back.

I had the first surgery, then went back to my job as a Ranger/RSLC instructor at Ft Benning. I was in severe pain for 8 months, finally got another surgery to correct that one. The doc pulled out all the hardware from a double fusion. 3 weeks later, he committed suicide; 4 weeks later, the fusion fell apart and my neck caved in. One more surgery later and a civilian doc finally fixed it. I still need a double fusion on my back, but I'm medically retired now and working out to try & fix myself mentally, spiritually, & physically.

I dumped the pain & psycho MEDS cold turkey four months ago. My wife left my 3 daughters & me then. I'm healing... You guys are helping me 100%.

Ed, you are helping me, Sir. And everyone else looking for answers. I believe THAT sir is your purpose. Mine? Who knows. I'll keep dumping everything I know onto this board & try to get my kids to the other side. Nothing else matters to me. As far as I'm concerned, I already lived my full life; died & here now on another mission. This one is not about me.
 :)
Erv

noproblemo2

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
Erv, it is our honor to have you here with us and I thank you for being a part of our "family"..........   :) :)

Lori

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 12:43:49 PM »
Errv,  :'(.  We are all here together for a reason.  I can understand the pain.  Have it too.  Like you not taking meds.  They wipe me out.  We are about to see the greatest event next to the Resurrection that the world has ever seen.  I pray we all make it through and have one big wild party together where ever we are together.

God Bless you.

noproblemo2

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »
I'll host the west of the Mississippi party !!!!

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 12:55:31 PM »
Erv, like you, I am trying to be free of the pain meds. It is getting tougher every day. VA has me at 90%. Thank you for the kind words, but be aware that you are helping me, also, and others here as well. I guess there's something about Marines. Semper Fidelis my friend.     ed

errrv

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 12:56:49 PM »
Semper Fidelis Ed.
Erv

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 12:57:17 PM »
Lori, you are helping so many folks too! Perhaps pain is a requirement.   ed

Lori

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 01:11:31 PM »
lol  Thanks Ed.  I'll host the SE party although we ah may be the NE by the time everything is said and done. :P

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 06:55:25 PM »
Errrv we are all glad you are here, and I look forward to sharing this space with all of you!

I think Ed and I will co-host the Lake Erie party!! That is if it's not the Atlantic Ocean by then!
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »
Erv and Ed,

I suppose that you have tried a few alternative treatments by now?

One that comes to mind:  herbalist Richard Schulze has a recipe for "bone-break" tea (or some similar title) that might help.  http://curezone.com/schulze/default.asp  and  https://www.herbdoc.com/index.php?&c=1 .

Energy healing?  http://www.quantumtouch.com can work on bones as well as tissues.

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
I was wondering that too.
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

augonit

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 08:17:13 PM »
So what are the four stages to awakening to your life purpose?

Augonit, this is one of those threads that somehow had parts of it deleted, I see if I can re-post it.

Thanks.  I wondered why your post ended with "Stage One".  It seemed like a tease.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 07:00:08 AM »
If there is a good side to pain, it is that it lets you know that you are alive. You kinda get used to it, after a while.    ed

noproblemo2

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 07:02:30 AM »
Well my neck and back sure let me know I'm alive then since the accident a few years ago........

If there is a good side to pain, it is that it lets you know that you are alive. You kinda get used to it, after a while.    ed